Movieverse Toys Appreciation Thread! EXPLOSIONS!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Zigholtul, Sep 29, 2012.

1. BluJayWarrior

BluJayWarrior Collector Wannabe

Instagram:
    2007 all the way. It's an awesome alien jet. plus nostalgia.

Honestly same. TLK Megatron is a really good design, and I do love it, but at the same time it is so far removed from trilogy Megatron I have a hard time seeing TLK as a movie Meg.

• Like Like x 3
  2. erwinsims

erwinsims Well-Known Member

Exactly that.. also I must admit I feel the same sentiment with the TLK APE Western Star Optimus.. the Peterbilt just feels so right as Optimus.
    They should have considered more characters.

• Like Like x 2
  3. zark225

zark225 The Day Fukr

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am very happy to see the love for the 2007 jet mode! I have always loved it and how much it represents the movie aesthetic.

It's nostalgic for me too. Honestly, 2007 Megatron and that movie in general are very nostalgic for me.

Agreed!

Agreed. TLK is neat but seems just kind of like a futuristic jet instead of something truly alien and otherworldly.

Yeah, I agree with both of you. I have always been a bit confused by how some people think Megatron in TLK is better than in any of the other films. The design is awesome and had some great figures, and Frank Welker is always a plus, but Megatron didn't really do anything of note and seems like a stepdown from the trilogy Megatron.

• Like Like x 3
  4. stephenotes88

stephenotes88 Well-Known Member

Is robotkingdom a legit place to buy from? I see their logo at the top of the page. If you get a new figure that has breakage, is their customer service reliable?

Looking to get a $79 third party figure that costs $109 on tfsource.

5. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    God, that could've been a really cool plot point for a sixth film though, couldn't it? The few Autobots remaining on Earth are on the look-out for Megatron, wanting to confirm if he's still alive or not, only to find out Age of Extinction Galvatron out doing the exact same after hearing there was a "pretender to the throne" somewhere on Earth

• Like Like x 3
  6. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  7. Bee Camaro

Bee Camaro Well-Known Member

I don't know how tall the person in the picture you posted is but Human Alliance Sam is 1/29 (Shia is about 6ft) and they don't look too far off
    20200521_124200.jpg
    It does look like the wheels should be bigger though.

20200521_124958.jpg 20200521_124807.jpg

• Like Like x 15
  8. AutobotMirage

AutobotMirage Wrecker

News Credits:
    Can someone post a picture of the TLK Voyager Scorn next to the SS Leader Grimlock in robot and dinosaur modes? Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  9. Arduous

Arduous Megatron Rules All TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    3157620A-9A52-4EBF-8B30-C4033F20CDC9.jpeg

• Like Like x 11
  10. batfan007

batfan007 Double the Dragon

News Credits:
    ....and lifelong fans like me since the 80s whose first movie figure ever was just a couple years ago (LK Barricade) and nothing else until Bee Movie Dropkick (car version), which got me started on the SS series since - check him out next to one of my earliest TF in a pic below.

Still not a live action movie "fan", but loving the SS figures in general for being good toys.

I love this SS Dropkick, my fav SS toy by far and just one of my fav all around transformers toys.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 17
  11. Mixmaster 27

Mixmaster 27 Concocting a sinister upgrade

Wow, that's a massive alt-mode! So, if he is that big in real life, does SS Bonecrusher scale correctly with SS Mixmaster and SS Prime? By the way, Megatron's first jet mode is the one I consider the best because of it's chrome armor and alien-likeness.

Last edited: May 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Leader of the Scarlet empire

@erwinsims

13. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    The toes are pointed down on yours which prevents the feet from sitting flat on the ground. He's actually a very stable figure in my experience. Great even when posing precariously on the edge of my terrace!
    I haven't seen him for less than $25 or $30 on ebay. If he were around $20 for the unpainted hasbro version I'd jump on that but I don't want to spend more since he will probably be replaced. I'm very curious to see how SS is going to handle his design!
    It's funny how many times I've searched for "sentinel" on toy websites and been surprised when X-Men sentinels come up. It shows how hard wired my brain is these days to think about Transformers!
    I prefer the TLK jet since it looks so fast, almost like a flying sword or something! I really didn't like movie 1 megatron's design for the longest time, but finally getting the MPM made me like the design a lot more. The toys that go with this hobby really affect our views, don't they? For instance when figures like Peru Kill and Challenger came out I read many, MANY comments along the lines of "I didn't really care for the design but seeing it done well in toy form made me appreciate it so much more now that I feel it's actually possible in the real world!" I think nostalgia really does play a part in my recent affinity for movie 1 Megatron, too. TLK megatron was a way cooler look IMO but he was such a weakling and so ineffectual by comparison...movie 1 Megs was someone you really could see taking on a whole army by himself or completely burning a planet to cinders. TLK Megs could barely even take on Hound and a random junkyard autobot on his own!
    Yes it's a legit site but that $79 will very quickly turn into $109 once you see the shipping they charge you so it's rarely worth it to order from there if you're in the US unless you're getting a LOT of stuff. Usually their shipping alone is $20-$40.

• Like Like x 4
  14. BenCherry

BenCherry Well-Known Member

The dimension of the buffalo is from Wikipedia I hope it is correct

• Like Like x 2
  15. BenCherry

BenCherry Well-Known Member

My Megatron is more handsome than all of yours:p :p ;) ;) :buttrock :rock 

7D5F7FAA-0F44-4F11-B1B6-D8D47D4AD69C.jpeg 46610334-CB23-4CEE-BE50-4F5AED5826C5.jpeg

• Like Like x 30
  16. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Puppet.jpg

• Like Like x 14
  17. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Nice! Yes, my intro to Transformers was also before the movies, Generation 2 and Beast Wars. I remember when the movies came out I was thinking this was going to be it, we're getting DEFINITIVE versions of the characters. I've cooled off on that thinking, but I still love the movie designs.

I'd be real interested to learn of the makeup of the movie collector base. What are the percentages breakdown of fans? It'd be a fun / big project to take on.

• Like Like x 1
  18. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Battle Blade

Dang. I truly had no idea how big Bonecrusher was in real life because of his long history of undersized figures. He's actually quite a monster!

• Like Like x 3
  19. AzT

AzT Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  20. TickTockGoesTheClock

TickTockGoesTheClock Dōmo arigatō, Mr Roboto

• Like Like x 1