Live-action Movieverse Toys Appreciation Thread! EXPLOSIONS!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Zigholtul, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Emergency Food Connoisseur

News Credits:
    I don't remember my first but i remember one of my firsts it was that photon missle Jetfire

This guy
    (not my photo) fab-jetfire-047.jpg
    I still have him to this day and i still love him

I did lose both of the missles though

• Like Like x 6
  2. sideswipe29

sideswipe29 Collect what makes you happy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Scrolling through Instagram and came across this amazing custom Devcon.

20200512_095643.jpg

I think this proves that it could be done. Overload would be a good base but it would require some rework to give him the 4 legs. I'm not overly confident that Hasbro would ever release a character who appeared for maybe 3 scenes but it would make my collection feel complete.

• Like Like x 25
  3. neevnav

neevnav The Flying Dutchman

News Credits:
    So Scrapper is hands down my favourite constructicon, and probably top 5 SS. He just has so much personality. And he actually feels like a voyager. Also I love the headsculpt, has a very same feel, which the pivot joint really sells too.

00100trPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200512095946710_COVER.jpg 00100trPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200512095059454_COVER.jpg 00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200512095129626_COVER.jpg

• Like Like x 19
  4. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi woke among sussy soyjak

News Credits:
    I think it was the old Camaro Bee. I still got him to this day but his leg's Mech Alive mechanism broke quite quickly. Otherwise he's still in great shape.

• Like Like x 6
  5. HAL237

HAL237 Be provocative, be organized

News Credits:
    I first got into the series as a kid when the 2007 movie came out. I had several movie figures at the time, including Leader Optimus, Voyager Blackout, Voyager Starscream, Voyager Ratchet, Deluxe Wreckage, and a Legends ‘77 Camero Bee. I also had a Robot Replicas Megatron, though I’m not sure if that counts as a true TF. :D 

Those were the good old days...

• Like Like x 6
  6. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes sir! I remember it fondly :)  I was kind of done / grown out of Transformers after the Armada / Energon days, but I was so blown away by the first movie that the next day I went to Target and bought Voyager Blackout and Starscream.

I ended up getting *most*, but not all of the first movie cast that summer, and remember being kind of a brat and begging my parents to bid on a Leader Megatron on eBay for me (he was a bit hard to find back then). I had Leader Optimus, Voyager Ironhide, Deluxe 08 Bumblebee, Deluxe Jazz, and on the Con side Leader Megatron, Leader Brawl, Voyager Starscream, Voyager Blackout, and Deluxe Barricade.

During the lead up to ROTF I decided once and for all that I was fully back into the collecting game and went back and bought most of the molds (both on and off screen) I missed from the first movie line, like Ratchet, Bonecrusher, Longarm, and Wreckage.

(Also, pssst, speaking of movie stuff, have some MISB/MOSC movie figures for sale in my sales thread, link in sig!)

Last edited: May 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  7. sideswipe29

sideswipe29 Collect what makes you happy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Super fun question.

You prompted me to dig out my old figures and I was sad to see how badly I took care of them.

Here were the first 3 movie figures I ever had.
    20200512_103751.jpg 20200512_103822.jpg

1976 Camaro Bee was the first, followed by Barricade, and then Premium Series Bee.

Over the years I've managed to break the door wing on old Camaro Bee so it doesn't stay on in robot mode, and I've managed to lose one of the missile launchers he came with.
    Barricade became a victim of a custom I tried to do years back.
    Premium Bumblebee has survived thus far and only has minor paint wear.

Posing these figures again brought back such fond memories of the 2007 era. I was so excited for the movies and watched the teaser trailer practically daily. Thanks for the trip down memory lane Matty! :thumb 

Technically speaking these weren't figures that I purchased with my own money. These were all gifts to me from various occasions but they were my first movieverse figures in my collection.

Edit: I was trying to think of the first movie verse figure that I actually bought fully with my own money and I think it was DOTM Crankcase. That's the movie line where I genuinely started collecting and buying figures while they were out on shelves. I remember the shopping trip my Mom took me on to get him and searching the stamped codes on the back of his box to make sure he didn't have clipped fingers. Plus I had a Walmart Coupon and got a good discount on him.

Last edited: May 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 21
  8. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    The original Voyager Blackout toy. At the time I was looking for a TF toy because the gimmick was cool and I hadn't had one in a while (Beast Era), but the then-current Cybertron/Energon toys weren't my style. Lugnutz in particular was one I kept seeing, but he's a scrawny cartoonish bot with the entire alt mode resting on his shoulders. Then Blackout showed up, looking all ominous and cool and kinda reminiscent of a BW design with that wasp-like head of his, and with a clever way of 'morphing' his alt mode parts.

He was totally going to be the only one I bought, but well, all these years later and here I am.

• Like Like x 8
  9. neevnav

neevnav The Flying Dutchman

News Credits:
    07 Ironhide. Not only first movie toy, first Transformer. I had a black Chevy pickup at the time, and loved the film, and was like "cool, I can get a Transformer that looks like my truck." and then it just escalted from there lol.

• Like Like x 9
  10. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    First one I ever purchased was Screen Battles "First Encounter" Barricade. While I have the Premium Series one now, I still refuse to get rid of him since he was my first.

• Like Like x 9
  11. TickTockGoesTheClock

TickTockGoesTheClock Dōmo arigatō, Mr Roboto.

News Credits:
    Well, they did make a few Jolt toys....

• Like Like x 2
  12. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Guys, I did something amazing: I TRANSFORMED MPM IRONHIDE AND IT ACTUALLY WENT SMOOTHLY AND EVERYTHING FIT TOGETHER OK! I'm very impressed with myself.

IMG_2583.jpg
    Fun question! I sorta have a few answers depending:

First movie figure I had in my possession: Voyager Starscream! This was the first time I went on ebay and found an early copy of a figure for double the price (clearly a factory leak as it was complete but had no packaging). I was just too hyped and thanks to the trailers the movie designs had gone from "ew why" to "hell yeah these look incredible!" in the space of just a couple of days. It's hard to remember back that far but the movie designs were so far removed from anything anyone had seen before and it really just took the realism and fluidity of seeing them in motion to help the world appreciate them.

First movie figure I bought legit: Protoform Optimus! I still have it to this day and it's still a cool figure.

First real movie figure haul: I had been visiting walmart daily for almost a week til BAM! One day there was a massive display of all movie figures! It was glorious. I didn't want to blow the load all at once so I limited myself to the Bee/Barricade 2-pack and leader Optimus. They were all super impressive (although I hated bee's large feet haha) and it was a true moment of joy.
    Fun fact: 2007 was a little past the beginning of the "watch trailers online" era of movie promotion, and the Transformers trailer (the first full trailer) broke every record for most viewed online trailer!

• Like Like x 22
  13. DCPTCN Soundwave

DCPTCN Soundwave Soundwave superior, Autobots inferior.

2007 movie
    Deluxe Brawl
    Deluxe Jungle Bonecrusher
    Voyager Blackout
    Voyager Rachet
    I bought them all together.

• Like Like x 7
  14. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg Hi Yukio!

News Credits:
    This guy:

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1a583.jpg

I also went out to the stores on the first day of release for the 2007 movie. I can still remember which Target that I went to. That particular Target didn't have everything that day. If I recall correctly, I had to choose between Brawl, Jazz, & Wreckage (Barricade might have been there - I can't remember). I chose Brawl mainly because of the good looking alt mode. Even though he has that arm tabbing issue, I still like him (even more than the Studio Series version) because he was my first ever movie figure.

• Like Like x 17
  15. NotMarluxiaXI

NotMarluxiaXI Well-Known Member

Leader Optimus. I remember begging for him for some time, even saved up my allowance to purchase him myself, until one day my dad took me to a store to run some errands, and he goes "just a quick stop to the toy isle" and boom there he was.

• Like Like x 11
  16. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    Think my first set of figures were 77 Camaro Bee, Barricade, the Toys R Us exclusive Blackout and deluxe Scorponok two pack, and leader class Optimus. Those were the days.
    I no longer have any of them. I do have leader Optimus, but it’s not my original copy. I’m still glad to have him again, but I wish I never got rid of my original. Sometimes I miss 77 Bee, but once I remove the nostalgia glasses, I remember that it wasn’t that great of a figure tbh. The automorph broke on mine after only a few months

• Like Like x 6
  17. Wars

Wars I ate the WHOLE plate

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Pretty sure my first purchase was voyager Blackout. In fact I'm pretty sure he was my first Transformer full stop!

• Like Like x 7
  18. Kotori Sonoda

Kotori Sonoda Mihono Bourbon's hero

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Legends class Blackout! It was also my first transformer ever.
    I still have it but its missing the tail section now.

• Like Like x 9
  19. SuperRock7

SuperRock7 Gone for some milk

News Credits:
    I was a wee little boy when that movie came, but one day my mom took me to the toy store, and if I remember correctly I got this gem.
    upload_2020-5-12_11-26-2.jpeg

• Like Like x 13
  20. SomeNamelessGhoul

SomeNamelessGhoul Well-Known Member

I was long out of collecting Transformers by the time the first movie came around but on a whim I went out and purchased both the voyager Ironhide and Blackout. As someone who hadn't touched a Transformer since G2 in the early 90's I will admit they blew my mind in terms of articulation and complexity.

• Like Like x 8