Movieverse Toys Appreciation Thread! EXPLOSIONS!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Zigholtul, Sep 29, 2012.

1. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    What exactly is happening in 36 days that is making people think an MPM Ratchet is being revealed?

• Like Like x 4
  2. xd Accrocate

xd Accrocate Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Hey dude if you don't mind can you please tell me where you found the fixes for Long Haul?

• Like Like x 2
  3. Unpronouncable Name

Unpronouncable Name This is indeed a Heck Moment™

4. xd Accrocate

xd Accrocate Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Solid 9.5

5. Ichibaru

Ichibaru Supreme Commander of Pork

It's the mini-Optimus that came with the Wei Jiang oversized Grimlock.

6. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Like I said I've tried. G1 stuff has interested me less and less over the years. I think the issue is that I don't think I'm that interested in nostalgia anymore. To many people Transformers is only about nostalgia (how many times have you heard people say "I just want the toys I had as a kid but with more articulation"), but to me TF has always held much more potential than that. The bayverse designs are the only ones that make me think they came from a serious scifi universe (even if most of the times the actual movies were goofy and not serious at all), and they're the only ones that I feel fit OK on a shelf in my (mostly) adult apartment. IMO, IDW had the best stories but bayverse had the best designs. To me the best possible Transformers universe would be some combination of the epic and universal style of IDW, where anyone can show up at any time and you could just as easily do stories on Earth as you could on Cybertron or some random-ass planet in the middle of nowhere, with the alien-looking and believable designs of bayverse where they actually look like they could come from space and blend in on Earth, instead of just being big boxy metal dudes aka more like what a human would build.

I bought a lot of combiner wars stuff and that was fun as hell, but then they just started to repeat themselves, then PotP was more repetition, and siege is just G1 but with half-earth (and therefore half-assed) alt modes. Now earthrise has come along and is asking us to buy some of the same figures for the third or fourth time in as many years! It just all starts to look the same to me. I will get and enjoy earthrise Optimus Prime, cause I can't resist a good prime, and he will probably be the only G1 Optimus I will need for a long time, but I'm probably going to skip out on the non-movieverse stuff from now on. I have honestly tried and they just don't appeal to me much.

The other factor for me is space. I only have space for so many figures, and I have to take a Marie Kondo "does this truly bring me joy?" approach to collecting. I buy a lot but I also sell a lot. Pretty much every figure I get makes me happy initially (getting a new figure and opening it is still as awesome to me as when I was a little kid), but if it's not something I can look at a week, a month, or a year later and it still makes me happy? It goes on ebay. I've moved many times and I don't have a big apartment and I don't like clutter anyways so my collection will be small forever probably. Plus when you sell stuff you get money for the next thing!
    Don't worry, everyone assumes you are excluding kiss players if you say the "whole franchise" ;) 
    Feedback section of the forums has everything you need to know about individual figures. More people need to know about the review threads!

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 8
  7. sideswipe29

sideswipe29 Collect what makes you happy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    So, I've told myself that I was only going to focus on DOTM Studio Series figures but then I got Jazz and now I saw that Bonecrusher is 19.99 on Amazon.

Is that worth it to you guys? I've seen pictures and reviews of him and I don't love his arm design.

• Like Like x 1
  8. erwinsims

erwinsims Well-Known Member

By the looks of things they are 6-7 cm’s... ergo 1:39 scale ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  9. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi Can't Fight This Feeling!

News Credits:
    Actually, nevermind.. I can do it myself when it's not half past 1 in the morning and I'm not feeling lazy :lol 

• Like Like x 2
  10. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

Probably the fact that previous MPMs were revealed in January. But I’m not aware of any official event scheduled yet so idk exactly why it’s being treated as a definitive thing. If there is something coming then that’s great, because I need MPM Starscream in my life

It’s a better figure than the 07 deluxe, so if you want it, I’d say get it. Arms aren’t great but he still looks cool

11. jru42287

News Credits:
    I feel this. I literally just finished doing a major overhaul on my bedroom closet to fit all my stuff in. It was not easy, and if I get anything else large, I'm going to have a problem. I need to downsize my collection, but it's a difficult thing to do right now. My philosophy used to be "keep the best version of the character," but with the scale discrepancies between the original movie toys and the Studio Series, I don't know that I can mix them in together and be content. So right now I have doubles of a lot of characters between the two and don't know how to reconcile that. What's harder is some (like TF07 Ironhide and SS Ironhide) I love both versions and don't want to part with either.

Bonecrusher is a marginal upgrade from his original deluxe. He looks nice, but certain things about him are weird, like the width of his crotch/hips. And size-wise, he's not all that much larger.

• Like Like x 4
  12. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland Moderator

News Credits:
    Someone just made it up.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    It is very hard. I remember the decision to sell my leader HFTD starscream even though it's an amazing figure was one of the hardest, but ultimately that money got me several other figures (I was able to sell it for way more than the $40 that leader figures used to cost) and the space to put the new figures in, plus when studio series starscream came along I had no issues buying him right away as I had already gotten rid of all other iterations of the character. Also, now that I don't have any larger starscream figures I won't feel bad at all when I eventually purchase the MPM too!

My advice to anyone that needs to thin their collection is this: put all the figures you don't want to see every day in storage somewhere, then in 3 months, 6 months, or whenever if you don't feel like you really miss them then they're OK to sell.

• Like Like x 6
  14. BluePineapple72

BluePineapple72 Well-Known Member

I do not mind! Here is a post of mine with multiple links to the SS Long Haul thread:

• Like Like x 3
  15. Amadeus Novilium

Amadeus Novilium Say Hi To Your Mom For Me

• Like Like x 4
  16. jru42287

News Credits:
    For the most part, I've been doing that. I just recently decided to unload a bunch of TLK figures, and the Black Knight Dinobots from AoE (which no one seems to want, by the way). But I'd have a really hard time getting rid of HftD Starscream because I love that figure, even despite owning the MPM version as well.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Finally got around to painting my MPM Jazz visor. I added metallic silver behind the metallic blue and I think it looks really good now. Thoughts?

D6FCD122-0908-4C62-A009-636149ACF4E5.jpeg
    So you have two of the same figure in different decos, with the MPM coming in the next year too? What are you gonna do if the MPM looks great too? It’ll be a lot harder to sell those leader starscream’s after there’s a better and newer one on the market. Even the announcement of a newer figure lowers the value of older ones usually.

• Like Like x 21
  18. octobotimus

octobotimus Plastic Criminal

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Main reason I’m excited for MPM starscream, price drops.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

I can’t even sell that MPM-01 figure right now, despite no new MPM existing. Unless I can get it sold, I’m stuck with both. Idk, maybe my experience is different. I love the leader Starscream mold but I don’t need both

• Like Like x 1
  20. newmanium

newmanium Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Does an OS KO SS Jazz exist?