Movieverse Toys Appreciation Thread! EXPLOSIONS!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Zigholtul, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Fc203

Fc203 Hasbro shill

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Mostly chug and prime/rid2015
    Probably might start with Cyberverse next year

• Like Like x 1
  2. NotMarluxiaXI

NotMarluxiaXI Well-Known Member

I'm working on the 1984/85 Decepticon cast but using figures from various lines, for example Megatron and Shockwave are from the Foc line, while Skywarp is the original G1 toy, and Blitzwing i'm planning on buying the Animated version.

3. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Yeah I got really close to buying them a couple times mostly for the effects pets but also because I have fond memories of micromasters since that was the bulk of my collection when I was little but they just look too shitty. Then my friend who loves siege bought some and said they felt really poorly made so I decided never to get any.
    Nothing else. I’ve tried. I just got a 3rd party G1 style blaster in the mail a couple days ago and I’m already bored of it. I got siege hot shot and he was fun for half a day then I put him up on eBay. I sold my MP Megatron KO I had for a couple years. I have MP Optimus Primal but haven’t been able to pull the trigger on any of the other BW MPs (mostly because of the price).

I've tried and tried but none of the other lines can hold my interest anymore. The complexity and uniqueness and endless variety of movieverse designs are so much more interesting to me. I would however love to have an MP-44 someday but I’ll be damned if I’m gonna pay the same price as my gigantic 3A Optimus for that mofo.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Leader of the Scarlet empire

For me it's Siege SS a pinch of cyberverse maybe a bit of some other lines provided i can find them lego Bakugan and i may get some neca and SHMA Godzillas for myself

• Like Like x 1
  5. erwinsims

erwinsims Well-Known Member

I don’t really collect other series than movieverse but I limit myself in scale... all landbased vehicles should be the same scale or I will get rid of it ;-)
    Not really an answer to your question but it does transcend collecting “just” Studio Series, I have some TLK, DOTM and ROTF toys in the mix to.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

I also have some Siege characters, planning to dive into Earthrise next year. I really enjoy the idea of having a "definitive" figure for both the G1 and Bayverse versions of the character, in the "modern retail size classes". We've got a couple major characters covered;
    *Optimus
    *Megatron
    *Jetfire
    *Shockwave

*Fingers crossed for Earthrise Bumblebee,Jazz,Ratchet, and Lockdown to join their SS counterparts soon*

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Optimistic Prime

Optimistic Prime It wasn't hard to think of a username

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I find that quite sad honestly. I have 4 Siege figures: Shockwave, Soundwave, Ironhide and Hound. I love Hound and he shares the same mold with Hot Shot. Hound is one of my favourite figures strangely enough. I had a small break from movie stuff so that may help me like him a lot, but having figures from both lines, I can say that I like Studio Series A LOT more.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Movie Convoy

Movie Convoy Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I'm collecting the current series of G1 reissues and am interested in picking up some original G1 Transformers whose original molds were lost/destroyed from eBay and local conventions. So far, I have an original G1 Astrotrain in desperate need of Toyhax labels, a current reissue Optimus Prime, and a current reissue Hot Rod. I will soon be getting the current reissues of G1 Starscream and Soundwave for Christmas. I prefer the '84/'85 Diaclone based G1 figures that turn into real vehicles over the Microchange and '86-'93 G1 toys and the real vehicle mode G1 figures over the roleplay mode and futuristic vehicle mode and beast mode G1 figures.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
  9. optimusbee

optimusbee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am trying to paint my TLK but the marker won't dry. I tested all the other colors in the box (blue, red, white, yellow, sky blue) and they all dry fine.

• Like Like x 1
  10. SuperRock7

SuperRock7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Strictly SS. I tried to dip into siege but it’s just not my thing.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Sideways77

Sideways77 useless lesbian

News Credits:
    Little bit of everything

Siege is secondary to SS, then old Prime figures, and the occasional non-Movie Masterpiece

• Like Like x 2
  12. Bringer of Sorrow

Bringer of Sorrow Well-Known Member

Mainly studio series with a couple of older movie figures and teams from other continuities (animated dinobots, tr triple changers, some dudes from jungle planet)

• Like Like x 3
  13. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 The best there is...

Masterpiece movie series. I plan on buying a few seige figures since I think they'll fit in with my majority movie figures. I also plan on getting one 3rd party figure

• Like Like x 1
  14. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Currently got no idea what to put here...

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Some random pics of Bumblebee:

IMG_20191201_080138.jpg
    IMG_20191201_080334.jpg

My current collection are a bizarre mix of Generations, T30, TR, POTP, Siege, Movieverse figures (Including Studio Series), and a few figures from Masterpiece, TFP and RID2015. I just acquired both Siege Jetfire and Spinister recently, and planning to get a few Earthrise figures later on when it came out.

• Like Like x 8
  15. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Likes Alpha Bravo

What I intend to have by the end of my life is:

Masterpiece Armada, above all
    Complete Armada collection
    Masterpiece Beast Wars cast
    Animated
    CHUG
    Cybertron
    Masterpiece Bayverse
    3rd Party G1 Legends
    Studio Series Bayverse

...and the best from the other series plus whatever catches my eye. I started with Armada and love it dearly to this day, if it weren't obvious. But I love the whole franchise. 35 years worth of history, so much to love in it.
    There's actually a way to store all of SS-44's weapons that hides them all inside so nothing's sticking out from the undercarriage. Put the big arm cannons on the lowest port second from the front, facing forward, and the Ion Cannon on the upper port.

[​IMG]

The other weapons all go in the same spots and the trailer fits together fine.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 13
  16. Bee Camaro

Bee Camaro Well-Known Member

I mainly collect Bayverse MPMs, and a few SS figures.

I have considered collecting TF Prime figures though. Seems to be a great time to do so as there has been a KO of the First Edition Optimus and more on the way, which are proving to be way cheaper than the crazy prices the official ones are going for nowadays.

• Like Like x 2
  17. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    I started full-on collecting with the Bay movies. I have figures from across all five movie lines and their sublines, as well Studio Series and all MPMs so far.

In addition to those, I have a collection for TF: Prime, Beast Wars (some originals and all MPs so far), some G1 MPs, and a few odds and ends from the Generations lines. Coincidentally, I was trying to rearrange my closet today, so I can fit everything back in it, and realized how much stuff I actually have. I've been trying to cull the herd, so to speak, recently, but I've still got a lot to go.

18. DesertDog

DesertDog is probably craving pork chops

News Credits:
    In the Alberta Rockies on my Triumph Tiger 800XC
    The only OSKO’s that I’ve previously wanted were the Lewin giant MP-10 and a Rusty Evasion Prime, but if I were to get any OSKO it’d be this one. I love the original, it’s probably my favourite Premier series figure. 453B3FCB-3EAB-4EE5-ACE8-35561302C5CA.jpeg B19BE374-99EC-4C4F-8D4F-4E16AA932CB6.jpeg

I’m a crusty old Geewunner, but I literally love the entire TF franchise(except perhaps Kiss Players, ‘cause that shit’s weeeiiiird). I’m focused on original G1, CHUG G1 and G1 Masterpiece, WFC/FoC, MPM and Studio Series, but I’ll buy any figure that interests me. I have numerous figures from or based on G2, Beast Wars, Unicron Trilogy, Car Robots, Animated, Timelines, Cyberverse, Q-Transformers, etc.

• Like Like x 7
  19. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    I really wish someone (hell, even Hasbro themselves) would oversize this to scale with Studio Series Grimlock.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Leader of the Scarlet empire

I want it too the mold is awesome

• Like Like x 1