Movieverse Toys Appreciation Thread! EXPLOSIONS!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Zigholtul, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Lockon Prime

Lockon Prime Well, that's just Prime...Oh yeees

Lmao!! It's all good, he got a better home than I'd given him ;) .

But I never thought to even thought about looking at Barricade feet!! Actually TLK Barricade's feet are perfect for Hotrod.
    20191126_194335-1.jpg
    I did the same on mine a little while ago, and it really does make a huge difference!!
    This is an awesome pic!!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Bee Camaro

Bee Camaro Well-Known Member

The rims and the hood would also need changing, but your point still stands.

Sure the arms arent great either, but i don't see anything wrong with his torso.

Of course the truck is going to look bad if it's not transformed properly.

• Like Like x 6
  3. Makai Lung

Makai Lung Banned

They're solid figures but they're not film accurate like Studio Series. (SS) barricade has better porportion with no torso and Bumblebee's got proper chest setup with the center camaro grill tilted in his chest as well as the outer headlights. Also, MPM-3s calves are not accurate because they're made up of rear camaro kibbles. There's a lot wrong with MPM-5 on the other hand, you guys might not find the hollow arms or head sculpt a big deal but there's most of us here that finds it highly lazy of hasbro and takara.

No offense but I see many of people here that's getting really soft with hasbro and takara. If any of these pre-2019 MPM's made in the main G1 line; you think Takara would accept Optimus, Ironhide, Barricade or even Bumblebee like this??? They'll scrap them all in a heartbeat. You really have to raise your standards.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
  5. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    1EBC1069-1868-4120-8FA7-4BCAC037C327.jpeg 5A80A7B3-4534-4DAA-BC7A-067689C41923.jpeg

• Like Like x 24
  6. Lockon Prime

Lockon Prime Well, that's just Prime...Oh yeees

I can honestly agree with this. While I personally do like the MPM Barricade, I do think that MPM Prime and MPM Ironhide could have been better made.

That said, thank God for Legendary Toys and and WJ!! They, specially WJ, salvaged MPM Prime!!

• Like Like x 2
  7. SuperRock7

SuperRock7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can somewhat see your side of this, considering they’re supposed to be masterpieces . It’s a shame they have flaws like that. Although I collect Studio series, I’m used to seeing stuff like that tbh.

• Like Like x 2
  8. erwinsims

erwinsims Well-Known Member

I agree,
    Sometimes with the 3P improved versions coming out sometimes it feels like THAT is what has/tak should have done to begin with.

Sadly that is not only with the case regarding the MPM series to be fair,
    I have "unscalable" issues with the size inacuracies of the SS vehicles.
    For example my latest issue I have is with (After watching tonton's review of ) SS Soundwave, he is to big (looks to be 1:32) in vehiclemode and is smaller than Bumblebee in robotmode (while he should be 7 mm taller) so he is not acurate in either mode...and not even a (sizable) improvement over the old deluxe.
    Then there is my issue with all 4 (peterbilt) Prime's, the dreads and Ratchet..
    I know they have to measure the amount of plastic for each of the size classes,
    but why not make them more acurate (maybe even more options or accesories) and make them a class higher?
    I would not have hesitated to pay for a Voyager Ratchet (colapsable/movable hands, gun and saw) and dreadbots and a leader Optimus (with accurate tanks/toolbox/exhausts in altmode and guns)..
    I know this would be awkward for Jetfire and Starscream but it is possible..
    I for one even opted to buy the (way more expensive) WJ OS Blackout just so I could have him in the right size..

I can not be the only one that feels that way.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  9. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  10. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Yes.
    No :( 

I actually wanted a solution for the arm panels to stay on more than I even wanted something for the shoulders, and only one stays and it doesn't even stay that well. I still think everyone with MPM Ironhide should get the DNA kit, but for me it doesn't work perfectly.

• Like Like x 1
  11. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

Oh man. Glad I asked. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Can someone put the SS Arcees up on ebay for a ridiculous price already so I can spend way too much money on them? PLEASE?? Not some BS preorder I want the real in-hand figures dammit! Everyone in China already has the constructicons and some people have even had time to do full repaints and here we are with nothing but tonton reviews :( 

Others have reported better results though so if anyone else wants to chime in feel free.

• Like Like x 5
  13. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

Whoa!?! The Constructicons are available?!?! I'll gladly over pay for Ebay prices for Mix and Scavenger!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Not to us, but a few people in China have had them for a while now. Tonton’s reviews have been up for weeks and some people have already done full repaints of mixmaster and Soundwave.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Hey guys, I hate to have to do this, but I've got college fees to pay and some extra work I was hoping to be able to do over December didn't pan out, so I've decided to move on a good chunk of my collection. That includes some MPM figures, and a lot of the Studio Series line, up as far as wave seven. Chances are when my orders of Arcee and Soundwave arrive, I'll be moving them straight on too, so keep an eye out. I've also got figures from other Movie lines in there if anyone is looking for any older stuff

Any and all purchases are appreciated, it'd help me a great deal

Wars' Sales Thread - Siege, Titans Return, and More!

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 7
  16. savio-prime

savio-prime Autobotist

Ebay:
    20191126_093220_HDR~2.jpg
    These two bring a smile to my face.

• Like Like x 29
  17. Optimistic Prime

Optimistic Prime It wasn't hard to think of a username

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I agree, he has come quite far! He took advantage of getting figures early, his YouTube channel helped/persuaded him to speak English in a way and became quite popular in the community. Well done to him!

I love the look of MPM Ironhide; sometimes I feel like getting him and the DNA kit but other times I feel like I should stay away from MPMs as they're expensive and I only aim to get Studio Series. Great pics!

• Like Like x 5
  18. NOBLExGAMER

NOBLExGAMER Scale Crazed CHUG Collector

News Credits:
    I kinda think he watches Emgo316's vids and learned enough English to review figures from them. I suspect this by the way he started saying "Are we done? Yes we're done!" when transforming figures.

Good for him though, the more vids he does I'm sure he'll get better at speaking.

• Like Like x 9
  19. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I mess with Ironhide the most out of all the MPMs. I just have to take him down off the shelf once a month or so and have him as my deskbot for a day or two. He's so accurate and such a fun figure, plus you can get him really cheap now since a lot of people hate him haha! I just got a backup one off ebay for $45! But I also know you're in the UK so it might be harder.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Ricky Ham

Ricky Ham Banned

Do you guys think we're getting MPM Frenzy this time with Starscream???

• Like Like x 1