Live-action Movieverse Toys Appreciation Thread! EXPLOSIONS!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Zigholtul, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    At this point I'm over ranting about the nostalgia bait garbage. I'm not going to see the Geewun movies, I'm not buying the figures, I'm ignoring the Geewunners and Bumblebee elitists raving like toddlers. No point in staying mad over it.

Now that's exciting news right there. Can't wait for him and Starscream

• Like Like x 4
  2. Bringer of Sorrow

Bringer of Sorrow Well-Known Member

Here's the way I see it, (I'm only talking about designs btw, I agree about the writing) in those 10 years we've only gotten 5 movies with 2-3 years in between them. Now, are we just looking at the movies? Are we ignoring every other piece of media? Because in between those years there's been some g1 influence. NuRID leaned a bit on g1, machinima went full on g1 (and surprisingly satisfied some fans), power of the Primes was more g1 after two lines that mixed a little bit of idw on them.
    Maybe I've just seen the worse of this fandom so I frequently question if they truly deserve more g1 on the big screen.
    Sorry for the speech, ended up being longer than expected

• Like Like x 3
  3. Primus Omega

Primus Omega Well-Known Member

Bay movies get so much unnecessary flak...the only one that I’ll admit sucked was the last night. I really liked bumblebee so if this new reboot goes this route I’ll still root for it, I just hope they don’t try and make it exactly like the cartoons.

• Like Like x 10
  4. xd Accrocate

xd Accrocate Tell Megatron, 'Let's tango'

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Thank you so much! I think I'll just do the arm fix. Also I don't know if anyone has mentioned this problem yet, but the leg ratchets on my Long Haul don't match up. One leg is always pointing just a bit upwards which doesn't allow allow the figure to properly stand up. I can provide pictures if needed.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    I’m fine with a reboot as long as the movies are good. TF2007 through DOTM is a nice trilogy; AOE and TLK weren’t that great imo, they just had elements I liked.
    I’m not overly enthused about the return to G1 designs, but if they can find a happy medium similar to the Bee movie, that’s fine. I just want good storytelling and plot.

As for toys, it depends on how the movies and designs are. Also depends if the new figures are in studio series scale. There is no away I’m going through all the trouble to collect yet another scale after I transitioned from the old one to SS. Only way I’d change my mind is if the movies and designs are just so great that I feel compelled to get a few standout characters. Otherwise, I think I’m done with collecting movie figures after my SS roster is complete. I just think the collecting needs attenuated at some point, and completing SS is an appropriate way out.

• Like Like x 9
  6. Primus Omega

Primus Omega Well-Known Member

Agreed. I’m done after SS, I’ve collected every single figure in this line so far as it’s the best movie line we have ever gotten. I doubt they’ll kill this line though, mark my words...every future movie related toy will be under the SS line. Oh and I still feel like the mpm line has a ways to go so I’ll still be collecting that as well.

• Like Like x 5
  7. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi woke among sussy soyjak

News Credits:
    At least you still have him though... I lost mine and Bonecrusher (and Animated Bumblebee's head, of all parts) during a house moving 2 years ago :banghead: 

• Like Like x 1
  8. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  9. Bee Camaro

Bee Camaro Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Meaning TLK got left on a cliffhanger. Sure it was incredibly disappointing, especially for those of us who actually liked AoE, but it would've been nice to at least get an ending.

But yaaaay more 80s nostalgia, cause we havent had enough of it yet, even though this very franchise has been rehashing it again and again for 35 years now!
    If they're dead set on rebooting at least give us something fresh. There's no way in hell I'm watching any Geewunn movies, no way nooo way. (Read that in John Dimaggios voice)

My first toy was some non transforming Optimus I had when the movie came out. Can't seem to find it sadly. My first transforming figure was a 77 Camaro legends Bumblebee, abd the figure that really got me into collecting was a Leader Class HftD Starscream back in early 2017.

Has this been stated somewhere? I'm gonna need a source if I am to believe it.

• Like Like x 6
  10. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I’m convinced Geewun is this site’s version of “OK boomer”. “Ok geewuner”.

In all seriousness, if you forget about the toy lines, the last time we got a G1 based movie on the big screen was 1986, over 30 years ago. Think about it, the bay movies have spanned across 10 out of the entire 35 years. Almost a third of TF history. It’s ok to give the thing that started it all a shot at being in the big screen again.

• Like Like x 5
  11. BluePineapple72

BluePineapple72 Well-Known Member

You’re welcome! But yes, please do. I think I may know a fix. (I may have caused your issue on mine during reassembly)

12. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Yeah I figured that would be the case for some of the younger members on here. There's nothing wrong with nostalgia! I used to be the exact same way. Until 2007 I basically just wanted to get the most G1 (also beast wars) things I could get my hands on. I thought Alternators were the coolest things in the world! But these days everything has turned into nostalgia and it's just become an endless loop. Even Thew said in a recent review something like "it's just gonna be an endless loop of G1 again and again until we die".
    That's the risk though, but I've found out that these days older toys are rarely better than newer ones if you have the same priorities as me which are mostly accuracy and articulation. It's guaranteed that the new MPM will at least LOOK more like the onscreen character. And maybe they have even found a way to get the jets on his back!
    Yeah it's just an endless feedback loop.
    This is mostly how I feel about it. I'll never be "done" with collecting transformers, but if the bayverse stuff stops and the new movies are all boxy-ass 80s designs then I'll probably move on to mostly 3P stuff.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Metal Sonic

Metal Sonic Slightly-Known Member

News Credits:
    The "G1" designs they used in Bumblebee took from every version of those characters. Some Prime, some Animated, some WFC, some IDW and yes, some Movieverse. I think by more faithful designs they don't mean just ripping the basic character models from the old cartoon, they mean making the characters look like they did in literally everything besides the Bay films. It's no biggie really, unless you're 100% adverse to Starscream being red and skinny. These designs still exist and they're getting awesome to-scale toys, so I think it'll be fine.

• Like Like x 4
  14. xd Accrocate

xd Accrocate Tell Megatron, 'Let's tango'

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    It's most clear in the first two pictures.

Attached Files:

15. The Diam0ndknyt3

The Diam0ndknyt3 ROTB rocks!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Isn't it already somewhat confirmed last year after BB release? But I guess it says it all now. To be very honest, I like the Bay film designs a lot more. It's a fresh new take on classic character designs and suit them into modern society. The abstract looking Decepticons and some what interesting Autobot designs are just awesome in my opinion. I mean just look at Devastator and his components. It's all about nostalgia for those 1980s fans and so many people seen to want G1 back. Now literally almost every Transformers line is G1 inspired; Cyberverse, Rebooted movieverse, Generations toy line etc. Although I use to hate G1, I'm starting to like them a lot more, with having a small collection of Siege figures and more to come. But I think it's a little too much for the long run. I'm fine with G1 stuff for like the next few years, at most a decade. But there are other fans out there and amazing series that have big fanbase like G1; Beast wars, Animated, Prime etc. But for now, I think where the franchise is heading is a good choice but not preferred by me. Just my opinion. I'll always stick to Transformers regardless. As long as the movies are good like Bumblebee and their character designs are like those we saw, I'm satisfied... for now

• Like Like x 2
  16. NotMarluxiaXI

NotMarluxiaXI Well-Known Member

The Cybertron show was my start into transformers, but the movies just further increased my love for the franchise. So my movie collection started with the 07 leader Optimus.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    With wave 8 hitting Malaysia retail now, hopefully they will be hitting North American retail soon.

• Like Like x 8
  18. erwinsims

erwinsims Well-Known Member

It is odd to me to actually just “reboot” G1 once more.

to be fair, I learned to “tollerate” the Movieverse storylines but I really love the bots and how they were not only being brought to life on screen but the actual vehicles became Icons in their own right.
    I fell in love with the Peterbilt and somehow it feels as Optimus to me as the Iconic G1 COE.. not to mention Jazz (I own a Pontiac myself), Ironhide, Ratchet and Bee.

If they would ask me what to reboot, I would skip the G1 and reboot the Movieverse, but this time with lesser “cannon fodder” generic Deceptibots, Lesser explosions, but above all MORE character development and an actual storyline.

I personally found that to be what won me over in Bumblebee.. the actual story, and altrough I am an eighties kid, the Nostalgia for me came back in 2007.

• Like Like x 7
  19. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    I want to say they'll hit by Christmas. Hasbro would want something on shelves around Christmas time right?

• Like Like x 1
  20. sideswipe29

sideswipe29 Collect what makes you happy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Very good question!

My first Transformers ever were Armada Bendy Prime and Armada Smokescreen so I was hooked on the franchise since then but movie collecting started with the 1974 Bumblebee Deluxe from the 2007 toyline. But even now I'm questioning that and want to say it was the 2007 Deluxe Barricade. Regardless, I remember my 9 year old self being hyped when my brother first showed me the teaser trailers for the '07 film. It was just so cool to know that the toyline that I collected as a kid was being made into a live action movie. And, living in Michigan, it was a huge deal that all of the Autobots in the film we GM vehicles.

So, long story short, it wasn't long after I got the initial few deluxes from 2007 that I was hooked on the movie toys. I basically got every figure except the leaders because they were just out of my (my parent's) price range.

Who would have expected back then that the movies would span 11 years and now have a dedicated toyline that's sole purpose is giving us as accurate of figures as possible. Pretty cool to think about.

• Like Like x 4