Movieverse Toys Appreciation Thread! EXPLOSIONS!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Zigholtul, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Dinotrap

Dinotrap The bw collector

News Credits:
    Seriously out of the 33 movie bots that I have In my collection, that include mpms, ss, third party/kos my absolute favorite figure is ss Jazz. I love this figure so much it’s quite hard to leave him alone on the shelf and not pick him up lol

I also removed his back pack and put his spoiler on his back the way it’s supposed to look and now he’s even better :) 

FBE33667-89FA-499D-AE39-C0F50ADCA4EE.jpeg 2C99748C-AF5C-45B5-B4D1-00FC05133B96.jpeg 1EDF48C6-07EF-4738-B8A8-FE532994E9D9.jpeg 00D8790E-E96A-4220-9C8C-F5EC5138C563.jpeg

• Like Like x 16
  2. erwinsims

erwinsims Well-Known Member

Only barely, the new camaro grew like 10 cm witch would be 3 inch.. other cars grew by 10-17% so with 4.87 meters (or 190.4 inch)
    the camaro is in modern times and especially in The SS car scale roughly the same size as the 1976 Camaro Bee was in the 2007 movie (4.77 meters or 177.8 inch)

• Like Like x 1
  3. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 The best there is...

Hasbro showing us the new waves of Studio Series 2020

How my bank account is looking when I said I was gonna stop collecting at MP Jazz but changed my mind.
    womanyellingcat~2.jpg

• Like Like x 17
  4. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

How did you attach the backpack? Is it secured somewhere or is it just sitting there?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bee Camaro

Bee Camaro Well-Known Member

That was the true problem with the Bayverse Cons, not the designs.

Thanks for giving me a little bit of optimism here! Though i just can't shake the feeling that they want to go full G1...
    I'm sure I'll get a lot of hate for this, but i hope they completely redesign Prime. His Bee movie version was pretty much a mix between the most common complaints about both G1 and movie designs, blockiness (Is that a word?) and too much mechanical detail.

The Bay designs would be alot easier to follow if there was better camerawork and editing.

The thing is, most vehicles, both land and air based, have rather boring colors, so for example a hot pink chopper would do a bad job of blending in.
    That being said, there are quite a few colored Cons in the movies, like the Constructicons and Shockwave (He's a seriously muted purple, so I can't blame anyone for not noticing). They could definetly be brighter though.

4.77 is the length of an 80s Camaro. The length of a 76 Camaro is about 5 meters, but you're right about the length of the newer ones.
    The width difference of a 70s and a newer Camaro is only an inch btw.

• Like Like x 2
  6. batfan007

batfan007 Double the Dragon

News Credits:
    The Black Mamba OS Scorn is in scale (as in its the same basic size, gigantic, not ACTUAL scale) with the OS Grimlock

The regular size one is quite a bit smaller (and red) I have that one also.

[​IMG]

To confuse things, an actual Spinosaurus APPEARS bigger than a Trex. But it's thin and weighs signifiantly less, but it's longer from tooth to tail than a Trex. And it's way more horizontal in its skeleton than it shows in movies etc where they have them standing almost upright. I love Jurassic Park (all of them, Spino is in #3) but those movies are full of so much bullshit.:rolleyes: 

[​IMG]

Fortunately these silly robot movie dinos don't need to be any scale other than "freaking massive" to be fun and look cool.

I have not yet transformed my OS Scorn, here are some screen caps from Emgo's review that show the size comparison with the regular scorn and the OS Grimlock.
    I no longer have my SS Grimlock, but despite being called a leader class he is not terribly big and more like voyager / scorn height in his dino mode.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Kotori Sonoda

Kotori Sonoda Yohane's Little Demon

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Wasn't the entire thing about how Spinosaurus looked a rather recent thing? Back then general consensus was the animal was bipedal.

Also I really like how that OS Scorn looks but unfortunately I don't have space for such figures! Oh well, I guess I'll wait and see if Hasbro's willing to have their own take on this. And if not well the TLK Voyager is a lovely toy, still one of my favorites. I love how articulated the beast mode is.

• Like Like x 1
  8. erwinsims

I forgot about the safety-bumpers! You are right, The 2nd gen Camaro is 4.77 meters long, but in the 1974 those new bumpers came in and pushed the car over the 4.9 meters..
    I stand corrected.
    the 3rd (1982-1992) is 4.89 by the way ;-)

I drive a Pontiac Fiero and am in an GM classic owner club in the Netherlands.. we talk a lot about sizes and such.
    (How everyone used to say USA cars were huge but now seem tiny compared to the computerised blobs we have on the road today)

I do agree on the camerawork and if I may, with lesser cons they would be easyer to follow and have more character/screentime.

I hope they will continue the designs we have seen in the movies,
    I liked both the bayformers (up to DOTM that is,when you could recognise the vehicles in the bots) as Well as Bee,Dropkick and Shatter.. I am a little bias to a Peterbilt Prime over the bee movie one.. Something about that Prime just felt right to me.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    More or less, yeah. I don't think it was until late 2015 that it was confirmed by fossil evidence that it was more crocodilian in build, at which point Age of Extinction and Jurassic World (with its Spinosaur skeleton) had already come and gone. Up until then the only existing fossils were some jaw fragments and some of the vertebral columns that made up its sail, IIRC

I'm considerably tempted by that OS Scorn either way. It looks fantastic. Though I think I'd be more tempted by one that matches SS Grimlock in size rather than an OSKO. I haven't got that kind of space available :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  10. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  11. Dr Danco

Dr Danco Well-Known Member

It's sad to hear about it since I was hoping to display my tlk guys with SS figures :( 

By the way, what do you guys think about this Ratchet - Ratchet (Beam Blast) - Transformers Toys - TFW2005 ?
    He seems to be in scale with the SS figures (in vehicle mode obviously)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Leader of the Scarlet empire

Good grief what do you pay for those 200$?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Evan Wellens

Evan Wellens Hyped for MPM Jazz!

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    That's awesome dude! I'm guessing Ratchet had a more yellow appearance in vehicle mode because of the lighting? I suppose the SS figure could be a bit darker in color. I imagine if an RotF Ratchet comes out he'll receive that color.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Relaxin!

IMG_9168.jpg

I'm sure that's why Scorn wasn't in TLK, because Bay was too concerned with the inaccuracies of the skeletal structure of the Spinosaurus :lol 
    They're only $90. It's huge but it's still just an OSKO with almost no improvements to the sculpt.

• Like Like x 10
  15. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Leader of the Scarlet empire

Ok

16. Dr Danco

Dr Danco Well-Known Member

Is Scorn in scale with Wei Jiang Grimlock ?

17. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    That’s what I thought too! Giant alien robots that inexplicably turn into dinosaurs? Sure, I can suspend my disbelief for that

But giant alien robots that inexplicably turn into anatomically incorrect dinosaurs? That’s a step too far pal :lol 

• Like Like x 4
  18. erwinsims

The best “in scale” Ratchet is the HFTD Deluxe.. that is the one I am working on and am close to having done but it is a lot of work.

Heavy/Scratch: - The Wretchet Ratchet Dilemma

He changes with light indeed.. it was a challenge getting the color just right but I found a way ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Sayan Rahman

Sayan Rahman Well-Known Member

You can find them for about $80 each

• Like Like x 1
  20. Dillpickle

Dillpickle This looks like cool place to kick it!

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2