Movieverse Toys Appreciation Thread! EXPLOSIONS!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Zigholtul, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Presenting de-Battle Damaged Megatron! Did a lot of parts swapping to get the painted parts of Battle Damaged Megatron but keep off the dark bits. I think this will look nicer next to the upcoming 2007 Voyager than the vanilla ROTF Voyager would.
    20191031_230347.jpg

Two things I want to note:
    - I want to try to replace the main tank turret with the original's to get rid of the dark color behind his neck, but that means I must meet my mighty foe, the dreaded pin, again.
    - I would like to replace the bicep of his cannon arm with the lighter grey original part, but the shoulder seems to be glued together, not sure if I want to tear it apart.

Does anyone have any suggestions for these two things (moreso the latter, since pushing a pin is pushing a pin)?

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 13
  2. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Happy Halloween! Technically this pic is on-topic since the sword is from 3A TLK Optimus :D  and yes that’s me.

45BDE243-D6F1-4E14-846B-D5654B0F95A7.jpeg

• Like Like x 19
  3. Stigcrafter

Stigcrafter Flailhand McHunchback

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Are they yours? Where're they from?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    It was all I can think of at last minute, but they don't call him a headmaster for nothing.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
    20191031_203848.jpg

• Like Like x 14
  5. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

......I’ll allow it. For now.
    Happy Halloween!

• Like Like x 1
  6. batfan007

batfan007 Double the Dragon

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

It's a joke!
    So please no man child whining :eek: 

I'm so glad they invented that button.
    It's like walking down the street and some random stranger starts talking BS.......walk on by..... the digital equivalent.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  7. kazukun

kazukun Well-Known Member

nice jacket

• Like Like x 1
  8. octobotimus

octobotimus Decepticon Intelligence

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    0D3713CE-86D4-41A0-9F71-68BE434DE533.jpeg

• Like Like x 13
  9. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 The best there is...

Instagram

• Like Like x 2
  10. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  11. erwinsims

erwinsims Well-Known Member

I am hoping we can get some side by side pictures from SS Mixmaster and the “old” DOTM one.. the DOTM one currently is my in Scale Mixmaster and since I customized it to be as close as I could get to the movieverse Mack truck but ofcourse the SS vehicle looks better..

I am really curious as how he scales.
    Especially since (vehicle) scale is thrown out of the window with Devastator (among others)
    Of course I am wishing I can include Soundwave into my bad motorcade soon
    And suddenly feel they missed the chance in the movies of giving us the Stunticons...

C38ED58D-9661-4568-8E1B-FB835B085C86.jpeg FC466D2E-3950-4262-B603-9C1466A364AA.jpeg image.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  12. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi Can't Fight This Feeling!

News Credits:
    I think you mean ROTF... ;) 

I'd say based on this pic, if the SS Mixmaster is in SS scale then ROTF Mixmaster is on par with the DOTM-AOE scalepoint:
    20191101_175002.jpg
    The original Mixmaster was 14cm last time I checked. This means SS Mixmaster will be about 13cm or as tall as Bonecrusher. A bit on the small side but still acceptable!

• Like Like x 6
  13. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    With all these leaked figure photos popping up lately, I hope it’s a good indicator that we might see wave eight released before the end of the year

• Like Like x 5
  14. sideswipe29

sideswipe29 Collect what makes you happy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Android night mode actually but yeah, close enough :p 

• Like Like x 2
  15. Imperator

Imperator The last, best hope for humanity

[​IMG]

One of the best things that happens with Transformers these days is when characters from dispirate iterations of the franchise are integrated into G1. Inevitably most of these end up as Decepticons, like Lugnut, Lockdown or today's featured presentation: Barricade. Now that Siege has made it clear that no mould is safe from being redeco'd to buggery and back, the breakout villain from the 2007 movie has finally ended up in the principle cast... as a bad-guy Prowl. Well, obviously.

But that's not what we're looking at today. Why get Siege Barricade when I just got Smokescreen? And for that matter, when The Last Knight Bazza is still sitting on the shelf as an already-immigrated Decepticon mook standing alongside a couple of Constructicons and a Soundwave? See, much as the new Siege version is quite the looker, the same can be said for this one, plus he's that bit more unique.

Barricade was a creation of necessity, and thank god it finally happened. The 2007 movie needed a normal-sized bot to function as a single antagonist for the first act, and the traditional line-up of Decepticons just doesn't have anything like it. Big hulking jetformers, sure. Sneaky turn-into-a-tiny-thing spy types, certainly. But no-one that could pass for an everyday vehicle in an American town and not turn any heads, as well as not being significantly above or below Bumblebee's pay grade. In the same way that Lugnut was created so that the Animated cast would have someone not willing to stab Megatron in the back, and Knock-Out so that injured Decepticons in Prime would have someone to fix them up, Barricade was a necessary creation.

And long may it continue. Every Transformers franchise needs a Barricade. He fills a niche that was largely empty since 1984. Sure, the Stunticons were the original Decepticon cars, but they worked as a team, and never had a whole lot of presence as individuals, other than a Who's-Who of insensitive portrayals of mental illness. Not that Barricade sits as a paragon of sensitivity these days either. Quite the thing for the otherwise ultra-conservative Michael Bay to have a portrayal of police brutality so brazenly up there. Back in the 1980s Prowl was reminding kids that cops could were trustworthy goodies, while in the 2000s Barricade taught a generation the exact opposite.

While he is officially part of the Bayverse line, TLK Barricade manages to blend in remarkably well among CHUG bots. By the time the fifth movie had rolled around the jaggedy scrap-metal look of the early movies was mostly a thing of the past, and only a couple of the Autobots were still clinging to that look. The only non-G1 part of Barricade's design is the head sculpt, and even that's not all that far off, having apparently arrived via Beast Wars. Everything else is about as traditional as it comes, especially the car bonnet chest. And kudos needs to be given for the achievement of having it not protrude half a mile from the rest of the torso like an overstuffed F-cup. Turns out all it took was a joint further downstream. Who'dathunk.

If you're boring and stick with the official instructions Barricade is surprisingly well armed, with a pistol, nightstick and knuckle dusters. The police-themed weaponry is a nice touch, even if it is a little over the top. Being part of an armed force rather than a peacekeeper, there's not much need for him to ever not be using the gun. Still, it gets even better when the car roof is remove from his back and used as a riot shield. Yeah, it's utterly daft, but it gives a far more unique look for Barricade than he'd otherwise have. Oh, there's a weird Gatling gun thing to wrap around his wrist if you like, but it looks dumb and makes you dumb for liking it. You big dummy.

And then you transform him, and he's a police car. Just a police car. I mean, you can slap the gatling thing on the roof, but it looks even dumber here, and spoils the fact that he otherwise has a pretty good disguise. Why would you want to take that away from him? He's never going to track down Ladiesman217 if everyone spots him from a mile away. Most of the Bayverse toys put alt mode design ahead of robot mode, which is a refreshing choice, even if it comes from having to appease the car manufacturer sponsors that fed money into Michael Bay's gaping green maw. So it's pretty great to have a good-looking car mode and a robot that doesn't suffer as a result. The original Barricade toy's car mode is still a hell of a looker, but the robot an ugly great troll of a thing, unable to even turn its head.

So good for Barricade for having made it. A proper good bad guy, and someone the Decepticons have been sorely in need of for ages. Now give me my Earthrise Tarantulus.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 16
  16. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Leader of the Scarlet empire

He was my first TLK bot i still love him. Great review by the way.

17. erwinsims

erwinsims Well-Known Member

You have not seen him in DOTM? He was magnificent! (Sorry my bad,ROTF of course)
    Sorry, I should have been more specific.. I meant vehicle mode, witch for me is the only way to measure the movieverse bots. He is indeed 14 cm in Robotmode dut you can stretch him a little and make him a proper match for Ironhide

• Like Like x 2
  18. Imperator

Imperator The last, best hope for humanity

Thanks! I feel he's been a bit eclipsed by the MP, Studio Series and now Siege releases, which is a shame as this mould is such a cracker. The original '07 design is very Bayverse, with alien proportions and a super-ugly face, something which affected the Decepticons a lot to help prevent audiences from empathising with them as people. But I don't think they needed to worry about that, and TLK Barricade just rocks. The riot shield cheat is the icing on the cake, and gives him a hell of a lot of personality.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Insurgent

Insurgent Big Red Fire Snorting Dragon

I'm genuinely surprised we never did get the bayverse Stunticons in some form. AOE would have been perfect for them since it was all a bunch of supercars and whatnot. Make Galvatron Motormaster, he has his 4 lieutenants, and the rest of the army is the corrupted KSI drones.

Or just have the four cars and a lorry turn up and do a chase through some streets.

And beautiful work on Stinger. I've said it before, I'll say it again. I love seeing pics of your customs together.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Yaujta

Yaujta Split second of divinity... Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    20191101_092823.jpg

• Like Like x 21