Live-action Movieverse Toys Appreciation Thread! EXPLOSIONS!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Zigholtul, Sep 29, 2012.

1. batfan007

batfan007 Double the Dragon

News Credits:
    BIG TIME!
    So much larger than life :D 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 12
  2. Fc203

Fc203 Jazz is a Pontiac not a Porsche

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I thought that scorn was inscale with ss grimlock

3. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:

My only thing is that I wish Mixmaster had a brighter paint for his face to make it stand out better, because I keep losing it in the pics when I’m not zoomed in.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

Currently got Hammerfall playing, and this pic just makes me picture these three headbanging in unison. It's a very funny image.

5. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  6. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    A4333564-0C2B-40AE-A652-A671EDA708CE.JPG

I personally only rely on movie 1 scale for characters that were in that movie. Starscream and Grindor were seriously downsized for the forest fight scene. Just look at the cockpit in his chest vs one of Optimus' doors and tell me how a human could fit into both? Starscream should be really big and WIDE mostly. Anyway the figures you have are pretty great together, I just want an MPM Starscream that does him justice.

• Like Like x 11
  7. mr convoy

mr convoy Well-Known Member

Is masterpiece Bumblebee movie Bumblebee really hard to transform ? I read lots of impressions of him being one of the annoying toys to transform ?

8. Bee Camaro

Bee Camaro Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm afraid that opinion might be slightly unpopular even in this thread. I hope they'll stick around as well, and contrary to what many haters say, i find that their designs are what helps all the characters look unique, instead of being extremely similar.

I suspect that Starscream and Ratchet will most likely be the next MPMs.
    When are new MPMs usually revealed? Megatron and Jazz were revealed in January, right?

• Like Like x 2
  9. Evan Wellens

Evan Wellens Super Mario will be real in 2023

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Thanks for saying that the green on 2007 Ratchet is fine. I've seen so many people cry about it when it's the accurate shade for him. The Fire Brothers (that youtube guy) think he's a bad figure because of the green. Every time he's brought up he complains about the green.

His real problem is his minimal face paint.

• Like Like x 11
  10. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Emergency Food Connoisseur

News Credits:
    I agree

• Like Like x 8
  11. sideswipe29

sideswipe29 Collect what makes you happy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I'll throw in my vote to continue the Bay-verse movie designs even though I know they probably won't since everything has to resemble G1 these days.

I'm probably biased because the Bay movies kind of act as my G1 but I loved all of the robot designs from the first 3 films. I don't care what people say about the Decepticons looks like shards of metal, they are aliens and can look however they want and for me, the weird angular, insectoid look that the cons had made them look truly menacing.

If the Bay designs were to continue I would only hope that they could be given some actual characterization and real emotions but again, this is all just a pipe dream.

• Like Like x 12
  12. erwinsims

erwinsims Well-Known Member

I agree with you @sideswipe29
    Eventrough I grew up with G1 and played with them a lot, I love the design of the movie bots even if I am not a fan of the (lack of) storyline of the movies, they did great for the franchise and resemble real vehicles this time.
    And as a Designer and a carguy I really love to own them.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    It’s not a pipe dream, shatter and dropkick were basically bay style designs and they were awesome looking AND had tons of character so hope is still alive! I just don’t want it all to look like the cybertron scene designs. Funny how they cobbled those scenes together in a few months and reused tons of pieces and they were generally lazier than their earth counterparts and yet some people find them to be so amazing.

• Like Like x 10
  14. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    Right? People are only flocking to them because it's G1.

They're such horrible designs, odd considering the 4 (or 5 if you count Jeep) earth designs are fantastic, sans the tripe changer aspect. Just look at Ratchet's face and tell me that looks good.

• Like Like x 8
  15. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Also known as Cheese House

News Credits:
    I think Shatter and Dropkick struck a good balance between the previous films and a more traditional Transformer design, and the fact that you can actually see the vehicle parts on them makes them leaps and bounds better than the last couple of films.

• Like Like x 11
  16. Movie Convoy

Movie Convoy Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    What about the Diaclone based G1 stuff? With Prowl, Bluestreak, and Smokescreen all based on the Datsun 280ZX Turbo, Wheeljack based on the Lancia Stratos Turbo, Jazz based on the Martini Racing Porsche 935/76, specifically the Martini-sponsored 935 which won the first circuit of the 1976 World Championship for Makes on the Mugello Circuit. And Tracks and Road Rage based on an old Corvette.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Lockon Prime

Lockon Prime Get a eye full of lid when I slight ur lights out

The legs are a little fiddly, but aside from that, he's not hard to transform at all...at least not to me.
    If anything, to me, he should be a bit more yellow green.
    IMG_6847.JPG.jpg
    But I do still think that he looks good!!

• Like Like x 9
  18. Optimistic Prime

Optimistic Prime Active now and then

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I think both versions of SS Ratchet are great. But I'd like it if Ratchet could be redone as I have said before. The deluxe class figure is cool and all but I'd like a new mold, he needs more articulation and the two we already have don't do the character justice. A voyager Ratchet would be nice but it would mess up the scale in robot mode.

• Like Like x 5
  19. erwinsims

erwinsims Well-Known Member

Never got around to those, at that time I was discovering other things.. driving real cars, collage,drinking and such. So I came back with the 2007 movie.
    @Lockon Prime hey! Dont you start again on the shade of green on Ratchet!!! Those Nightmares and sleepless nights........

image.jpg

• Like Like x 13
  20. BluePineapple72

BluePineapple72 Well-Known Member

This. I think both sides of this argument have very valid and worthy things to say. But in my opinion, I think leaning too hard either way wouldn’t be good at all. A perfect balance in the middle should be struck.

G1 designs are incredibly simple, easy to follow in action, and they were easy to draw over and over. The issue lies in their simplicity; there isn’t enough room to get super creative I think (the craziest thing they’d do would be to make the robot mode of some characters an animal [apeface, lazerbeak etc.])

For the bayverse, I ADORE the different silhouettes and shapes the characters have. Long haul just looks like a fucking beefcake. Overload, despite only being a concept character, looks incredibly alien and well just plain cool. The issues with these designs is in their over complicated nature. I love greebles, I really do. But the bayverse takes it too far. It is really hard to follow these characters in action when they’re bodies look like a magnet was thrown into a junk yard. Megatron being a huge offender. Starscream being another. Most of his torso and arms are multiple techy pieces shambled about, each one grey and with dirty textures.

The lack of color is another thing that hurts the bayverse. By having all of the Decepticons be big grey blobs of evil, their individual details aren’t contrasted with parts of their bodies we should focus on, so it just looks messy.

I think the perfect balance would be to have an easy and simple to spot silhouette of a character, but not limiting that design to something humanoid, while also making sure that any greebles painted onto it don’t detract from the main design by making it overly complicated. Also; color. Lots of it.

• Like Like x 5