Live-action Movieverse Toys Appreciation Thread! EXPLOSIONS!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Zigholtul, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Lockon Prime

Lockon Prime Get a eye full of lid when I slight ur lights out

I'm really hoping that he just mistransformed it as well, cause I'd really like for him to have the grinder on his back!! But if not, there's always DNA Designsm
    I highly doubt it, since Overload will make the bottom half of Devastator.
    I think he's argument is that he needs to get it because he needs it for Devy.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Trevor Belmont

Trevor Belmont Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Minor? Really? That's a huge cheat, objectively speaking. We can only hope that all that money they saved on designing this went into overload..
    The improvements made, you must admit, are only of esthetic nature. More details and such.
    There's nothing interesting, nothing complex about this toy. It's amazingly dull in what it does. But again, looks great

And yes, I'm buying this only to complete devastator, duh? ^^ If it weren't for devastator I would skip this

3. transgeek2345

transgeek2345 Well-Known Member

I mean he’s right, we can flip back and forth all day in the hopes of justifying poor spending habits, but we all know at the end of the day it’s a money game.

Why do you think Siege Shockwave is being pegged down to a Voyager price range all across retail?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Hopefully by tomorrow or Saturday, we will see it complete.

• Like Like x 9
  5. Whisper

Whisper Well-Known Member

To be fair, I’d argue that none of the constructicons so far have been complex. Which in my personal opinion, might actually be a good thing since a more complex figure would equal less structural integrity for the combined mode. As a result, all the constructicons so far have been “dull” in terms of engineering, but they’ve been fun as individuals toys, despite their own compromises.

Sure mixmaster isn’t perfect, I’ll give you that. But considering his price point versus all the things he’s forced to accomplish, and I’d say it’s pretty impressive on what was accomplished.

• Like Like x 5
  6. TheDude810

TheDude810 I have an unhealthy obsession with the RotF Game

News Credits:
    The improvement is that he can actually become Devastator. The complexity comes from it being able to transform into his head. If he was only a robot to vehicle figure, then I’d still be happy, but the fact that he’s also able to become the head of Devy is a pretty damn good feat. I like complexity and don’t really care for stuff like Cyberverse or One Step Changers, but there comes a point where it becomes detrimental to the figure (ROTF Leader Optimus, ROTF Blazemaster, etc.). You’ve got to remember that a figure has to also feel solid.

The truck cab coming off is one of the most minor things to complain about, especially when the figure would be arguably worse if the cab did transform. In that case, you’d get something like Bombusbee’s Mixmaster, which looks like a cluttered mess compared to the Studio Series version. Also, it’s a possibility that the cab is removable because it plays a role in the combined mode.

• Like Like x 4
  7. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So that Hasbro event is tomorrow right? I forgot what it was called so sorry in advance

8. NotMarluxiaXI

NotMarluxiaXI Well-Known Member

20191024_141642.jpg So I caved in and bought this a week ago. Gotta say, nothing is more satisfying than receiving a package after a long, frustrating day at work.

• Like Like x 14
  9. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    MCM London or Paris comic con.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Trevor Belmont

Trevor Belmont Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know, I know. It's just the cab cheat that makes it just that one bit TOO simple you know? It's ok for what it accomplished, but I really don't feel Great about it...

Huh? You don't have to go bombusbee on this thing to improve it. One very very simple thing would have been to allow the cab to swing down under the head on the jaw hinge joint. Voilà, but they didn't even do that as it seems. Or maybe that is possible?

Am I the only one seeing this as a really unnecessary cheap cheat?? Haha

• Like Like x 1
  11. idkwdya

idkwdya Nicks_Plastic_Shelf

Instagram:
    a bit of a pain to install but it’s absolutely worth it. I went and got a second set just for this combined mode.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 8
  12. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I mean there’s no harm in waiting, my point was more that you might find them for 20% off somewhere at some point but very unlikely that you’ll find them for more than 50% off like Ironhide now.
    Yeah definitely mistransformed and it bugs me a lot. I wish reviewers would take at least a LITTLE time to figure it out before rushing out their reviews. Ben does this constantly and he gets a lot wrong.
    Haha you’re joking right? He has awesome engineering. Complex does NOT equal good engineering. In fact most of the time it’s the opposite. He’s very successful in all three modes. Don’t forget the original had the entire cab on the back too and there wasn’t a whole-ass combiner head in there as an excuse. And calling improvements “just aesthetic” really misses most of the point of an action figure. His articulation seems really good so he’s got the action part down, and the details and all three modes are there too so he’s got the “figure” part down too.

Anyway if you’re not into him that’s fine. But the engineering is not “bad” especially for a $30 toy.

• Like Like x 13
  13. optimusbee

optimusbee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes. MCM Comic Con.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Sanddeath

Sanddeath Cat.... transform!!

I really hope we get a SS deluxe Sideways. His only deluxe toy just looks so bad. And not great. I really want a proper looking SS version. And I really hope his car mode has a gimmick to "slice" the car in half.

• Like Like x 11
  15. Movie Convoy

Movie Convoy Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    My SS-44 that is being saved for Christmas arrived today from Amazon through UPS.

• Like Like x 6
  16. MrYeet

MrYeet Kek

Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Wish they could have added the O&K logo but overall he looks good.

• Like Like x 2
  17. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ah I sure hope we see Overload then. As a matter of fact I think we'll be shown all constructicons

• Like Like x 1
  18. Primus Omega

Primus Omega Well-Known Member

Agree 100%. Being on these boards I have come to the conclusion that no matter how good of an improvement hasbro makes on a movie figure there will always be a few on here that say they hate it or prefer the original. To each their own I guess. I personally love everything so far in the SS line. Some nitpicks here and there but that’s it.

• Like Like x 5
  19. Wars

Wars I ate the WHOLE plate

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh wow. Only €34! That's pretty tempting! And I think he'd look pretty good next to Barricade. But-

-This looks slightly more appealing!

I haven't been dead-set on getting all of the '07 Autobots in MPM form, but after having both Jazz and Bumblebee, Optimus and Ironhide have both become all the more tempting. The official announcement of a MPM Ratchet might push me over the line

• Like Like x 3
  20. Primus Omega

Primus Omega Well-Known Member

Anyone else grab MPM ironhide for 50 bucks at BBTS? I grabbed one to open and display on my desk.