Live-action Movieverse Toys Appreciation Thread! EXPLOSIONS!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Zigholtul, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Already working on it...

• Like Like x 6
  2. Lockon Prime

Lockon Prime Get a eye full of lid when I slight ur lights out

20190829_223445-1.jpg

• Like Like x 26
  3. TheDude810

TheDude810 I have an unhealthy obsession with the RotF Game

News Credits:
    Let’s get some discussion going!
    What are some unpopular opinions you guys have regarding Movie toys and maybe by extension some of the Movie designs? I’ll start with some:

The satellite design of Soundwave in the ROTF game and his deluxe toy are better than his Mercedes design. It fits in much more with his character and makes him look more alien and intimidating. The Mercedes design makes him look no more interesting than the KSI Sentries or the generic baddies in the RotF game.

The DotM toyline is pretty solid. Leader Sentinel (minus the back) is honestly on parr with RotF Leader Optimus. If it wasn’t cancelled it would have been as good RoTF and HftD. People who say that the line is bad only probably think of Skids and Mudflap, or “uLtiMatE oPTiMus pRImE.”

The MPM line on the other hand is extremely half-assed. I mean, when you look at any figure from the regular Masterpiece line, it’s obvious that that is Takara’s priority. When you see all the work that goes into MP 44 and even the older MP 10, the MPM figures look pretty embarrassing. They are so close to being good, but then small shitty things like inaccurate paint schemes, Ironhide’s looseness and Optimus’ weird head proportions kind of ruin it, especially for their price. I mean, LS 02 Bottleneck’s face looks so much more accurate to the CGI model than MPM Barricade. Even the fucking tiny energon igniters Barricade head looks more accurate than the MPM. Ok rant over lol.

• Like Like x 5
  4. optimusbee

optimusbee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I completely agree about the MPMs looking awful. I would buy the entire line but they look like awful toys from 2009.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Whisper

Whisper Well-Known Member

Yeah I second this opinion. As much as I like SS, I don't have it in me to sell the older movie figures. They're just too awesome lol. It also helps that I hold a lot of nostalgia value for them.
    This may cross into some non-appreciation territory, so I'll mark my answer with a spoiler tag for those who don't want to be bogged down by it:
    Toys:
    - I like SS helicopter dropkick
    - I like SS barricade more than the MPM
    - I dislike SS ratchet a lot
    - I prefer the look of SS ironhide over the MPM
    - I like a lot of the legends toys more than the larger sizes figures
    - I don't like the HTFD Voyager Optimus Prime
    - The 2007 line was awesome in terms of the deluxes (yes, I really like brawl, bonecrusher, jazz, etc)
    - ROTF Sideways was awesome
    - I love the 2007 Voyager Megatron
    - HTFD Deluxe Ironhide was better than the voyager back in the day
    - The nobodies were a real highlight of previous lines
    - SS Bonecrusher and Brawl are fantastic
    - SS Optimus is a fun figure
    - Did I mention that I like smaller toys? I'll just say that again for good measure

Designs:
    - I don't like shatter
    - I prefer the original trilogy Optimus design more than the bumblebee design (though I absolutely adore the SS figure)
    - I don't really care for Megatron's TLK design
    - I'm not a fan of the wreckers
    - I dislike beetlebee
    - I prefer a lot of the toy appearances/paint decos over the on-screen result of some characters

• Like Like x 7
  6. artimus prime

artimus prime Articulation Junkie... I'm a poser

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Definitely not a good topic for an appreciation thread...

Still though...
    I don't care for studio series. I cherry pick what I want but have sold the majority of them or have them listed.

The only saving grace for the MPM line has been KO manufacturing. If the crackdown on KOs stops me from getting Black Apple Prime, Ironhide, Ratchet and Starscream, I'll probably sell them off too.

• Like Like x 6
  7. Godzilla Ranger

Godzilla Ranger AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

I wish SS 2007 Megatron didn’t end up having the same chest as RotF.

• Like Like x 8
  8. meisterman

meisterman i am in love with rotb

“Humans don’t deserve to live.”
    “They deserve to choose for themselves.”
    “Then you will die with them!”
    DC59D7F9-1CCA-4297-A867-698566F0BE80.jpeg
    886D7F49-0AC9-48FD-A1D2-D927D2FDA0B3.jpeg

Man, sometimes I feel like I’m the only one who likes the MPMs. Sure they have their issues like Optimus and his semi wonky truck, the slight annoyance that is Ironhide’s chest, or the paint schemes based more on the ‘07 toys than the actual movie but none of that is enough to cloud what I consider to be the ultimate representations of the characters I grew up with. Then when I transform them, an indescribable feeling comes over me and I feel like a kid again for the 2-5 minutes that it takes for each figure. I sit them on my shelves and everytime I look towards them I get a rush of childlike joy pumping through me and it’s something that I don’t think will ever go away.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 23
  9. lonewolf96

lonewolf96 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Update to my question i asked yesterday

First off thank you for all of the advice

I believe i made correct choice based on the input i received. And preordered All three but only gave my sister the Shockwave preorder confermation as one of her presents.

I will give her the other 2 accordingly at a later date one for good grades in a month or so and the other for Christmas.

Thank you agian

The smile on her face when she read the paper was icing on the cake it made my day.

• Like Like x 20
  10. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 10
  11. Scott8797

Scott8797 Well-Known Member

I disagree on the MPM not looking accurate it think they’re the best representations of what we get on screen that’s out there. 3p companies can help with the paint if that’s your complaint, plus they’re usually cheaper, and have kits to fix any issues like Ironhide. Sure these should’ve been done by hasbro/Takara but in terms of pure look they’re second to none compared to what’s on screen. Unless you get one of the non-transforming statues

• Like Like x 6
  12. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

Some fun repaint ideas

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 16
  13. Optimistic Prime

Optimistic Prime Active now and then

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Oh how the times have changed...

I just realised that SS Shockwave could be remolded into the two headed Shockwave drone from AOE. It would be a tricky job though. We already have Stinger, KSI boss, Shadow Raider and KSI Sentry.

• Like Like x 3
  14. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi woke among sussy soyjak

News Credits:
    ^this

I feel like DOTM Prime was half assed because he was totally unneeded. Hasbro knew most kids at the time were still on their 2007/ROTF Voyagers or Battle Blade OPs from HFTD, but they needed a Prime as per Transformer tradition on shelves. So came this guy who existed purely to fulfil a checklist.

I care about scale accuracy.

I don’t give a shit if scale “has been fucked from day one” or if asking for scale in a series that doesn’t care for it is a lost cause.

This hobby costs money and I want to make the most of it by collecting figures as accurate as possible to their source material.

Agreed! That transformation was total garbage, even the Leader was so much better. As much as I dislike his chest, at least he transformed like a man instead of hiding in a turtle shell like the cowards on-screen Sentinel and his Voyager were.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  15. Dachande

News Credits:
    I agree with everything you've said, but...

This. Posting negativity towards the movie lines in a movie lines thread isn't the best thing to do.

Anyway, new purchases:
    20190830_073126.jpg 20190830_073144.jpg 20190830_073249.jpg 20190830_073418.jpg 20190830_073304.jpg 20190830_073316.jpg 20190830_073337.jpg 20190830_073355.jpg

• Like Like x 24
  16. WEEGEE

WEEGEE Cringe memer

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 6
  17. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Emergency Food Connoisseur

News Credits:
    Is Drift any good i have the TLK not SS and he is pretty bad is that one better?

they really could i would be happy with it

• Like Like x 2
  18. Dachande

News Credits:
    To quote myself when someone else said the same thing last page...

This Drift is pretty good. It's astounding how much better it is than heli-Dropkick. I loathed that mold since it had pieces falling off out of the tray, a glued head and a rotor that didn't work. This one crushes it (now that I figured out that the rotor does spin).

• Like Like x 4
  19. WEEGEE

WEEGEE Cringe memer

News Credits:
    You must post pics dude.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Amazing. We are in a golden age of movie transformers for sure. Or maybe rotf was the golden age and this is the silver age? I forget how that works.
    I bought it off a member of TFW and was excited to receive it. It turned out to be a pretty huge disappointment. Aside from a nice fire truck mode and one of the less useless mechtech weapons he's terrible! I ended up reselling him literally less than a week later :( 
    I totally disagree with your other points, but this one I do agree with. Satellite Soundwave was a really fun and interesting idea, and it really fit his character. Being a random carbot did not. Nor did being the same size as Bumblebee but with was worse fighting skills. As a generic Decepticon he looks cool and as a car he is REALLY sexy, but he was one of the semi-disappointments of dotm, IMO. I really hope we get a satellite mode in studio series!
    You guys are definitely not alone. I love the MPMs so far, even Ironhide (although I'm definitely looking forward to the DNA upgrade kit). They have all been fun, posable, and by far the best official representations of the characters. I've been messing with my MPM4 the last few days again and just enjoying the heck out of him. Two quick cuts got rid of the hood/door tabbing issue.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 7