Movieverse Toys Appreciation Thread! EXPLOSIONS!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Zigholtul, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Scott8797

Scott8797 Well-Known Member

Basically it’s the same across the board when it comes to what you actually want. If you want a lot of play value but sacrifice movie accuracy you go with studio series. If you want more of a transforming statue then go with MPM and 3P. Personal preference at that point. I prefer having the more detailed MPMs but I don’t have them for play value I have them for a movieverse display where they capture the cgi the best out there.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Optimistic Prime

Optimistic Prime Apparently, I'm a pessimistic person, it's a lie.

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Uh, well that's a very specific request and it's going to be extremely hard to get a pic of this :lol . Sorry buddy, I hope you'll get the pic!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

Dang I never realized how big TLK Crosshairs Corvette is relative to Studio Series. That's kinda crazy looking. They should do a new mold sometime.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 14
  4. Lockon Prime

Lockon Prime Well, that's just Prime...Oh yeees

5. MegatroniaOfNumbers

MegatroniaOfNumbers Victorion is cool too, I guess.

Aw crap baskets. I just ordered mine to fill his role in the SS set. Eh at least his robot mode should be proportionate. Kinda like Cogman now that I think about it. :rolleyes: 

• Like Like x 2
  6. Sideways77

Sideways77 useless lesbian

News Credits:
    Loving the new DOTM Ratchet Reprolabels set. Can't wait to get it!

I don't know what their obsession is with making the Dreads K9 units tho, every single Dread set is that.

• Like Like x 6
  7. MegatroniaOfNumbers

heheheheheHEHEHEHEHE
    IMG_0903.JPG
    Guess what I just got at retail price! :ev: 

• Like Like x 18
  8. MegatroniaOfNumbers

(sorry about the double post) BTW, how is the SS DOTM Ratchet? I keep hearing indecisive things about the QC for the second Ratchet.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Kotori Sonoda

Kotori Sonoda Yohane's Little Demon

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Lot tighter joints compared to the original.
    In my experience, just one coat of nail polish is enough to really tighten his hips. With the original I've done multiple and its still kinda loose...
    Mine had this QC issue where the elbow joint is bad so it can't hold its gun properly, but a nail polish coat took care of that, he's a solid boy now.
    Really the only advantage of the 07 is that his color scheme fits better if you want a 2007 display.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Rustwave

Rustwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah. And they capture the CGI really well. However, I already put so much money nas effort in the SS line... Even if a sell all the figures for a very low price, probably there are some that will not be bought.

I wish Hasbro had kept the TLK figures scale pattern for the SS ones. It was a pretty good scale, maybe not totally accurate, but it worked a lot better than what your pic shows. However, they certainly would need to find a new class size for most of the Decepticons, something between Voyager and Leader.

mqdefault (1).jpg mqdefault.jpg images (1).jpeg

Last edited: May 16, 2019 at 9:16 PM
    • Like Like x 9
  11. MegatroniaOfNumbers

It is a bit of a bummer that The Last Knight toys and Studio Series is slightly out of wack in terms of scale, seeing a so much of the former line holds up to the latter's in terms of quality (Crosshairs, Cogman, Berserker IMO, Scorn, Skullitron/Steelbane, Voya Megatron, Hound, Barricade, Zeus). But I'm not too upset by it seeing as:

A. Some of the TLK toys are WAAAY too good to pass up, especially as a few of them will likely not show up in SS (Scorn anybody?). And:
    B. They brought back Cogman, Nitro, and Drift verbatim with a new coat of paint (And heads, respectively). So someone at Hasbro must think that the figures must still fit in some way. And that gives me obscure insecure validation for the toys I already bought :oops: 

• Like Like x 6
  12. Sideways77

Sideways77 useless lesbian

News Credits:
    Mine's QC is fine.

It's up to you, really. I prefer the lime and grey to the highlighter yellow of the TF07 one personally.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

I didn't buy any of the TLK figures, but I remember the new molds scaled pretty well with each other. But I am okay with the tiny Studio Series cars, it makes guys like Rampage and Brawl look that much more beastly and intimidating! I just wish we had a wider selection of Autobot cars.

For real Hasbro, where's my boys Dino and Jolt at

I strongly suspect TLK Scorn will be upscaled to a Leader class in the future. Also the more I think about it, I'd dig seeing all of the AOE characters get new molds. I passed on everyone from the 2014 toyline except for Galvatron and the Dinobots, so most of them would be brand new for me.

• Like Like x 2
  14. MegatroniaOfNumbers

If Hasbro/TT end up making a series of Dinobots at Voyager class, let alone Leader class, with the same quality design and engineering of Scorn I would lose my shit, and money as well :confused: 

• Like Like x 3
  15. Whisper

Whisper Could use a cheeseburger right about now

I'm one of the few who got a dud, but apparently it's a lot better than the first release. You're gonna want to pick up a bit of floor polish just in case though, as it might need some fixing up with those legs. Apparently the first one couldn't be fixed even with floor polish from what I hear, so there's that.
    I honestly have a strong feeling they'll recolor scorn into the same scheme as SS grimlock, kinda like how they redid cogman and nitro Zeus/tlk boss. If they upscale it that'd be great, but I have a feeling they'll at least 'reissue' the figure in the line...

• Like Like x 2
  16. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi What’s my age again?

News Credits:
    That’s true. In fact, whenever I sort my collection by SS I keep forgetting Berserker is from TLK and not actually SS Crankcase. He looks so much like them as if Hasbro designed him simultaneously with Wave 1 SS and put him in TLK as a preview figure.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    If they upscale Scorn to leader class (which I would LOVE) I’d want them to do a few things:

- more Dino mode articulation, especially the tail

- movie-accurate paint scheme

- better right arm integration in the Dino mode (with hand articulation for bot mode)

• Like Like x 8
  18. MegatroniaOfNumbers

Hear, hear. My plan is to grab the coolest TLK and SS figures, as well as some select other movie doods (AoE Snarl, High Octane BB and MechTech Shockwave being the three) to put together as a cohesive whole of the best the movieverse has to offer.

Who knows, maybe I'll be able to get Legendary OP someday as well!.... Yeah not likely.

Speaking of TLK and SS, to those wanting Hound and Ironhide to finally meet:
    IMG_0907.jpg
    Harnell and Goodman, together at last:
    IMG_0908.jpg
    It was a goddamn miracle that Hound finally decided to stay upright for his photo op. I guess he didn't want to embarrass his predecessor :rolleyes: 

What's funny was that because Ironhide was mistransformed out of the box and I didn't know left from right with him, I had to transform him into truck and then back to robot to get him looking right. Shout out to Emgo for being a lifesaver!
    IMG_0905.JPG
    I'll definitely have to take new pictures of the two when I am able to get the Dr.Wu Veteran and DNA Design kits to upgrade/fix them. Until then, THIS GUY ROCKS :rock 

• Like Like x 12
  19. Kotori Sonoda

Kotori Sonoda Yohane's Little Demon

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    More dino articulation? He's like one of the most posable dinosaur toys I've ever handled! I'm still quite annoyed there haven't been any Jurassic toys that have his level of articulation.

I do agree about the right arm though, they could definitely improve on that.

• Like Like x 1
  20. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi What’s my age again?

News Credits:
    Those 3 except Snarl have a good chance of being remade in Studio Series though. Shockwave will get the same rusted metal paint as SS Grimlock and certainly have better scale and mass than the DOTM. He looks cool, but I think he’s too small.

If you’re looking for the best of Movie toys go for ROTF. You could build half your collection on them alone. Lockdown, Wheelie, Ice Cream Twins, regular Twins, The Fallen, Soundwave...

• Like Like x 1