Movieverse Toys Appreciation Thread! EXPLOSIONS!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Zigholtul, Sep 29, 2012.

1. MegatroniaOfNumbers

MegatroniaOfNumbers Victorion is cool too, I guess.

I concur. It seems everyone's so caught up with the 3rd party Bonecrusher and how awesome his design is that they seem to forget that ol' hater boi is actually kinda short.

• Like Like x 9
  2. sideswipe29

sideswipe29 Collect what makes you happy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Hatchet.

I feel like it's coming at some point because they released Crowbar and "Crankcase" so they must have the idea to complete the dreads somewhere on a white board but I feel like it won't be anytime soon.

• Like Like x 6
  3. Movie Convoy

Movie Convoy Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    My MPM Ironhide is the TakaraTomy version. When transforming the door panels, instead of forcing them, I bend the lower hinge toward the body until I have enough clearance to flatten out the panels, then I lower it into place. For the hands, I straighten out the thumbs like he's giving a thumbs up. The front wheels tab into the armatures that swing the sides of the front end into and out of their vehicle/ robot positions. Other than that, I recommend practicing using TakaraTomy's MPM Ironhide instructions which are probably on their website somewhere and with patience, you can find an order that works best for you. I understood the instructions easily because I'm very experienced. I connect the sides and center if the hood on a slight diagonal based on the positions of the hook tabs.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

I agree that SS Bonecrusher should have been closer to Brawl's size.

*Dispensor
    *Deception Protoform
    *The bike sisters
    *Brains
    *Hatchet *new mold (For the love of God, do NOT repaint Crowbar again Hasbro)
    *Dino (with licensed Ferrari mode)
    *Devcon
    *Pretty much any of the remaining AOE villains - (Junkheap, KSI Trax, Steeljaw, Two Head)
    *Pretty much anyone from TLK who wasn't a main character (Bulldog, Mohawk, Daytrader. The "Lieutenant" made from Jetfire engineering would be a fun Deluxe.)
    *Any off-screen movie character (Longarm, Breakaway, Snarl)

My little foray into painting got me thinking of other projects I could do - Berserker into Crankcase sounds fun. I also prefer the 2014 toy colors for Grimlock over the monochrome dull silver, so I spent some time making a mockup of how I could repaint it, and I think it looks awesome! So i'm sharing it -

[​IMG]

I don't know that I have the skill to pull this off, but the mold looks way more appealing to me this way. If it turns out well, maybe in the future I'll do a similar paintjob for the other Dinobots (when they get made.)

Last edited: May 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 18
  5. GoldToaster

GoldToaster Banned

Didn’t you just comment how tired you were of seeing unmade SS post?

6. stephenotes88

stephenotes88 Well-Known Member

Bonecrusher is still supposed to be taller than Ironhide. In rotf, his reused cgi model was like a behemoth compared to Ironhide (hard to see but still)

Transformers Revenge of The Fallen_SC_2890.jpg bonecrusherrotf.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  7. MegatroniaOfNumbers

First off. Holy shit that’s terrifying! Like some creepy pasta shit. But also, remember that ROTF also recycled Blackout’s model, made it bigger, and renamed him Grindor. And you don’t see people get up in arms on how Blackouts Leader toy might be out of scale just because his recycled model appeared bigger in ROTF. in the first movie we clearly see the individual named Bonecrusher side by side with Optimus and even tackling him. Bonecrusher is obviously shorter than OP. Should he be taller than Ironhide? Maybe, but ROTF is not a good example to use in this case.

• Like Like x 8
  8. Insurgent

Insurgent Big Red Fire Snorting Dragon

D0tm opening has a ravage bigger than devastator. Different character, even if they look the same so can't judge on other movies.

I spotted those slots, but the chest is far too low to line up. Is there a trick to lining up the hinge arm the chest is on so it sits higher? I couldn't see any space to fit the chest higher.

9. SinisterSpinister

SinisterSpinister Violently Neon

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    If RedGoblin’s charts are accurate, Bonecrusher could’ve used at least a little more height and bulk. Sorry for the crap picture of the scale chart, the original Decepticon chart has vanished.
    F4886240-A5EC-44C1-A2C1-113E46C7831D.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  10. Insurgent

We are Megatron!
    IMG_20190518_115428.jpg

Hobotron can give a thumbs up. This is awesome.
    IMG_20190518_105135.jpg

• Like Like x 21
  11. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Guys I need pic inspiration. I just haven't been really into any of my Transformers the last week or so. I think it's been too long since I got a new one and also I need to clear out some stuff and sell. I really hope Long Haul comes out soon!

You went from watching Enterprise to G1 in the same few minutes? haha

• Like Like x 7
  12. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

Installed my Ironhide kit. I’m actually surprised how cheap the feet plastic is. Whenever I try to use the tilt, the plastic just bends before actually rotating and it makes fearful of breaking. But regardless, the ankle tilt is nice. The guns are okay, didn’t really need them but they’re nice to have as extra weapons.
    The primary reason I got the set was the bumper, and man does it look nice.

Overall I’m happy to have the kit, it does make Ironhide go from phenomenal to near perfect. However I do NOT think it’s worth $32 shipping included at all. Closer to $25 total would’ve been more appropriate, especially given the quality of the plastic of the feet

F6EE9D56-5A59-4AF0-8E47-DC6F34420DA3.jpeg

• Like Like x 13
  13. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    Both of those are bad examples. Grindor was a different, larger type of helicopter than Blackout, so it makes sense for his robot mode to be bigger. Ravage had no alt mode, so there's nothing to worry about there. But Bonecrusher has a specific alt mode that comes in no other sizes.

14. Optimistic Prime

Optimistic Prime It wasn't hard to think of a username

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Wow, that's a mess. I can't wait to see how strong the final product is though.
    Haha, I didn't even realise what I did! But I agree, Mohawk would be a surprise but he should be packed with another figure. If there was an Onslaught made from the SS Long Haul mold, it would the perfect opportunity to include Mohawk. I hope they haven't forgotten about these guys because that would be a huge shame.

No, I was tired of seeing theories and lists of wanted figures. There's a thread dedicated for these speculations and theories. There was no evidence of certain characters joining the SS line up in the future but people just wanted to make the same list again and again. Please read my question one more time because I asked what figures would you'd be shocked to see. I didn't ask this question: 'Which characters would you like being made in SS?' We are tired of that and that wasn't what I asked.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Insurgent

Lockdown as a lambo is the same height as prime who is a truck.

Dotm megs is a truck and the same size as the jet starscream. Alt mode does not dictate robot size, no matter how much people think it does.

• Like Like x 1
  16. MegatroniaOfNumbers

Come on man. Peru Kill proves we can have a tiny lambo with big Locky. Just because the scaling logic in the movie are wonky as heck doesn’t mean we shouldn’t use it. Because otherwise nothing will matter and Bumblebee would end up taller than Megatron.

• Like Like x 2
  17. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland Moderator

News Credits:
    Let's keep on topic, guys. This thread is for movie TOYS. Take the scale discussions elsewhere if they must persist.

• Like Like x 5
  18. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku “This is the way.”

Instagram:
    You have Marvel Legends Thanos, right? You could do some pics of your TFs doing an all-out run scene like in the trailers.

Personally, I’m starting to reference Endgame and Infinity War in my pics, so that’s my new Shtick.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Whisper

Whisper This is not the way

Oof, I guess I should've waited before buying mine then whoops! How easy was the bumper install? I have no modding experience, so I'm a little bit scared that I ordered this set...

• Like Like x 1
  20. Burnout00012

Burnout00012 Survivor of the Grey Hands War of 2019

This kit is how you take a toy that's a solid 7/10 to a 9.5

"Class dismissed."

20190518_104752.jpg

• Like Like x 14