Movieverse Toys Appreciation Thread! EXPLOSIONS!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Zigholtul, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 3
  2. artimus prime

artimus prime SCALE Debater that collects multiple TF lines TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    The design looks to have been changed to parts forming. Kinda weird. It was a complete transformation that was abandoned. Likewise their Bonecrusher had accurate placement of his wheels in his pelvis and they changed it to be inaccurate and looks like he stuffed his pants.
    It's something that third-party companies do. Change their figures to be less accurate.

3. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have been thinking about this and am still pretty torn. My issue is- if I separate them by movie, I'd still probably want complete casts per movie, even if it means doubling up on certain characters. For some that's easy because the decos and designs change so they'd get new figures anyway (Ratchet, Bumblebee, Megatron, Starscream etc.), but I'm not going to buy multiples of the same figure for those who don't change.

I could combine shelves for movies that have mostly the same looking cast (TF1 + ROTF and AOE+TLK) but then you still have a few characters who saw changes, sometimes within the same film, so how would that work?

Still deciding and it might just depend on how expansive Studio Series ends up being at the end of the day.

• Like Like x 1
  4. savio-prime

savio-prime Autobot

Ebay:
    I intend to display the Autobots as one group based on the first 3 movies alone (designs that revolve around Prime as the Peterbilt 379).

My rule in this case is that it should be the best looking deco/retool of the character that's available when there's more than one version to choose from for a character.

I'd love to get a SS figure for Jolt, Sentinel Prime, Dino, DotM Bee and the 3 Wreckers to round out my current Autobot crew.

Maybe Que... yuck. Nevermind.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

I was just going to group them together by faction

6. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi Coming out of my cage & I’ve been doing just fine

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I get them all together by faction. OP is OP while AOE OP is repurposed as movie Ultra Magnus.

I definitely share your feeling about Decepticons blending well together, I can picture Soundwave bossing over Dreads and the carbots street racing together despite the fact none of them ever shared screentime. Weird, but given their lack of personality I guess that leaves bigger room for imagination.

Weird rules? I’m an expert at those:
    1. No non-humanoids, this means guys like Hatchet, Devcon, and Demolisher are no-goes
    2. No giants; Jetfire, Dinobots, etc.
    3. No ugly robots. This includes the Wreckers and Que (I’ll get SS Jolt and repurpose him as Que)
    4. Do not sell all pre-SS figures. I fear SS monopolising my collection, which is why I kept a few ROTF toys despite SS’s superiority to them all.

7. Whisper

Whisper Filthy Casual

For me personally, I only aim to get like 3-4 non 2007 movie figures, so I'll end up grouping my figures with the 2007 cast. I think since the first 3 movies had a different design from AoE and TLK, you could group your figures into those two different categories. Since I personally won't be getting anything past DOTM, I'll be grouping everything into their respective factions (do note I do not intend on having too large of a collection, so there's that)

As much as I personally love the bayverse designs, I think every robot fits into that category :p They're all ugly as hell, but in a good way :D 

8. Optimistic Prime

Optimistic Prime Apparently, I'm a pessimistic person, it's a lie.

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I really want to get KSI sentry but I can't find him anywhere, ANYWHERE! I don't know, he looks awesome but I might have to just get stinger as he's everywhere.

Alright, let's ditch Transformers so we can focus on the Avengers! Haha

I group them altogether. Decepticons, Autobots, all in one. I don't have space to actually display all of them so I put some in a storage box. I take them out whenever I want.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:
    I have my Cons and Bots separated, but other than that, everyone is mixed.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mr Megatron

Mr Megatron Retired edgelord

so after TEN DAYS bbts has finally shipped my wave 4 Deluxes. it looks like prime and Bonecrusher are processing atm. And the leaders should be arriving soonish?

Now I just gotta wait for this eBay seller to ship my wave 5 voyagers.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Optimistic Prime

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Look who came!

IMG_20190210_160701.jpg

It looks like Bonecrusher is smiling haha

• Like Like x 16
  12. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    I’d love to be able to separate them by their respective films on my shelves and make little action displays out of each one. But unfortunately I don’t really have the shelf space for something like that

So at the moment it’s just one big shelf of Autobots and one big shelf of Decepticons. The only excepton to that is the Bumblebee movie stuff, which has its own small shelf. Granted that’s also more of a general Bumblebee shelf too. Excuse the crappy phone photo

266D111D-377C-4C95-89CC-25DF3DBAB9D3.jpeg

I did have a rule about only displaying one version of each character on my Autobot and Decepticon shelves, but I’ve recently our TLK and MTB Optimus alongside SS Optimus, and TLK Megatron along with the SS version. I’ll probably put the DOTM leader next to those two when I get him

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  13. savio-prime

savio-prime Autobot

Ebay:
    I think TLK Megatron actually works here with the 07 cons, being he's never really fully succumbed to taking a fully inconspicuous (madmax tanker notwithstanding, KSI BS struck off the record) Earth mode he may be the exception to fitting in any movie.

20190211_131632.jpg

• Like Like x 17
  14. Godzilla Ranger

Godzilla Ranger AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

I hope they show off SS DotM Leader OP at Toy Fair

I’m really looking for reasons to not jump on SS 32 lol.

I think instead of saving the new OP voyager mold for the DotM Leader release,
    HasTak baited people with SS 32 so we can jump on it immediately for the Jetfire Prime combo in the Winter
    and then later bait us into triple dipping with the DotM version (which supposedly has interchangeable ab pieces, so you can do the Jetfire combo with that as well) in the Fall.

• Like Like x 1
  15. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

What do you mean with the rubber not making the toys last?

16. Optimistic Prime

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, I hope the new SS DOTM Optimus is actually a slight remold of SS32 as I want him to be compatible with Jetfire and the Jetpack. If it was a new mold, I wouldn't be happy as SS32 looks awesome but I'm waiting for the DOTM Optimus who probably would look like this SS32 Optimus. I think Optimus should stay a voyager to be honest. I'd like it if they did what Siege Shockwave did. Extra parts with a voyager figure.

17. Shanxs

Shanxs Well-Known Member

Hi guys,
    I want to get my hands on some movie bots.
    I want some Bumbebee's ( volkswagen and that old camaro ), which studio series Bumblebee's for these are the best?

Thanks in advance

18. savio-prime

savio-prime Autobot

Ebay:
    20181015_085318.jpg

They both have pros and cons... Beetlebee has tabbing issues but a lot of accessories. Old Camaro Bee is taller and has less accessories but just as fun.

• Like Like x 8
  19. AzT

AzT Azlaroc, Yeargroup 431 Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  20. Optimistic Prime

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I recommend SS18 Bumblebee (Beetle) or SS27 Clunker Bumblebee (It's coming out this month in most places). SS01 is the same figure but it's clean (no rust for the paintjob). Unfortunately he has a few tabbing issues. SS27 is fine/best in my opinion.

• Like Like x 2