1. Of note - we are in the process of upgrading the site to use HTTPS / SSL. In that time, you may be logged in/out depending on what area of the site you are looking at. If you want to be logged into the forums, please log in via https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/login/. If you do that, you will not be logged in while looking at the front page. We hope to have this fixed within the next 24 hours or so.
    Dismiss Notice

Movieverse Toys Appreciation Thread! EXPLOSIONS!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Zigholtul, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Optimistic Prime

Optimistic Prime Apparently, I'm a pessimistic person, it's a lie.

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I'm glad you liked it, I agree with all that you said!

I loved the movie and all I would really want is a proper car chase with Shatter and Dropkick chasing Bee. That'd be cool. I can't wait to see what happens next though.
    You want to hit them repeatedly? Get a hammer and smash their fucking face in, imagine you're Baltmatrix.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Optimistic Prime

Optimistic Prime Apparently, I'm a pessimistic person, it's a lie.

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I ordered some stuff from BBTS and I've been waiting a month. It shouldn't take that long, and they keep saying "Don't worry, just wait thanks"

Really annoying.

3. The Diam0ndknyt3

The Diam0ndknyt3 Transformers Forever!!!!

Instagram:
    Nice. Sideswipe is gonna be added into my collection when I can find him. For Barricade and Bonecrusher I'll check who gets sold out faster and get that one.

Cool! I'll be waiting to see between Blackout and Jetfire for the best leader class before picking any up. I guess Sideswipe is gone be my first to get then I'll see.
    Thanks guys! Btw Autobots sell out faster in Singapore with the exception of Lockdown.
    20190111_230905.jpg 20190112_154847.jpg 20190111_230724.jpg 20190111_230632.jpg 20190111_233933.jpg 20190112_154907.jpg
    Finally time to review Brawl. I'll keep it short and sweet since my full review is on Instagram. Brawl is a beefy and solid figure. The details and paint are pretty decent. Transformation is fantastic and it's my favourite of the figure. Articulation is meh as it's really weird. Vehicle mode is cool and I finally have an actual tank transformer. Overall a solid figure but not one that I feel very fun to play with. 7/10 for me. Many people feel that Brawl is really good but I'm just not feeling it yet...

Btw I cannot wait to see how the new MPMs would look like!

• Like Like x 10
  4. World Prime

World Prime Za Warudo!

Ebay:
    Haha man you should see my G1 figures. Missing everything they could possibly be missing and broken in several places. I used to take them in the bath with me every day! I still have a handful of Beast Wars figures too somewhere at my parent's house, and they're in better condition.
    Haha wow you've got a fun size and family size of everything now! Which do you like better of each? Is your goal to have all the 07 robots in two scales?
    Haha I agree! I only have several of OP, Bee, Megatron and Ironhide though.
    He's still so cute! Keep him.
    ROTF Prime is a great figure. No one who has him would say he's one of the worst. He is a bit superfluous at this point since there's a new prime but he's definitely not one of the worst. Stinger was lame af though. Only SS I've sold so far. Although Dropkick is a fun figure I'm considering selling him too, but the chopper mode keeps pulling me back off the ledge.

Guys should I open another figure today?? I still have sideswipe and OP in the boxes...

• Like Like x 4
  5. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Get Optimus out and keep Sideswipe for another day or two. You already know most of what to expect from Optimus, so you'll end on a high-note if you open Sideswipe last

• Like Like x 2
  6. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

News Credits:
    2DC837E4-4822-4CB2-8911-738BC8E44977.png
    Assuming this piece of news turns out to be true, I’m kind of wondering if this MPM spot that’s been blank on TFSource for the past 7 months or so is Megatron? I can’t see Jazz being nearly $200 when he’s such a small character.

7. breakdown5728

breakdown5728 Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  8. neevnav

neevnav The Flying Dutchman

News Credits:
    Is it possible that loader is just the code name for Scrapper?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Scott8797

Scott8797 Well-Known Member

10. Scott8797

Scott8797 Well-Known Member

That’s been my guess at that price

11. Dankop

Dankop Wielder of The Dark Star Saber

Ebay:
    img.png Ordered SS-32 Optimus Prime on December 22nd with express shipping. Estimated time of delivery was 1-5 business days. 2 weeks later, no sign of the package, with the tracking number showing that the package had left Taiwan. I contacted the seller, who after a week told me that the parcel probably was lost in the mail. He sent me another one, which he told me would arrive between 3-5 days. That was over a week ago. To make matters worse, I found out that the tracking number for the first parcel belonged to somebody else. Ordered these from RobotKingdom today, hoping they're gonna show up soon...

12. GoldToaster

GoldToaster “Ya Like Jazz?”

I can care less about a MPM Jazz, (since I got the SS figure I’m satisfied) but a 2007 Megatron MPM? :buttrock 

• Like Like x 5
  13. Whisper

Whisper *Looks at wallet* "No sacrifice, no victory..."

Yeah, I had the same feeling. There were elements of the movie I enjoyed, but there weren't enough if those to really satisfy me. I think it has to do with the general theme not being to my tastes, as I actually enjoyed the hardcore mind-numbing action of TF1, so obviously a more family oriented movie wouldn't do it for me. I did like the beginning and end sequences though, would've loved to see more dropkick and shatter as they were the selling point for me.

Yeah as dumb as that sounds, the lack of a car chase bothered me in the theater :D . I think more action sequences (or longer ones) with the cons would've made the experience better for me (but I still probably wouldn't have loved it due to me being an emotionless bastard and not caring for the bee-charlie dynamic).

Yeah I personally really love Brawl, but that could also be due to the fact that I just love how intimidating and brutal the 2007 cons were :D . But yeah, he's not perfect since his tank turret can't turn and his articulation is wonky, but he's super cool regardless in my books, just a tad clunky :) 

And yeah, fingers crossed that one of the new MPMs is 2007 Megs, we really need an update on that design lol. Also looking forward to seeing jazz as he's one of my favs.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MPM 8 will be Movie 07 Megatron

This is why we haven't seen a sniff of a studio version of him so far nor any indication of a studio version.

Also I see it's been confirmed in the news forum this afternoon.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  15. lonewolf96

lonewolf96 Venomous Brother of the Trio De Dangers

News Credits:
    Probably the Same scenario with Mpm barricade we knew about that before a SS version.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:

I don't want just a piece, I want both of you.

• Like Like x 7
  17. lonewolf96

News Credits:
    Could be but I honestly don't know

18. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Did I miss something?

19. lonewolf96

News Credits:
    I posted a short list of characters I've heard rumors about most take with a grain of salt others a mountain.

Crosshairs
    Topspin
    Roadbuster
    Soundwave
    Wheeljack
    Hatchet
    Loader
    Junkheap
    Slug

• Like Like x 1
  20. World Prime

World Prime Za Warudo!

Ebay:
    Good idea:

IMG_1577.jpg
    I love having the blade AND the gun! His joints are SO TIGHT though! I think it's so that he can hold up all the jetfire parts, but damn, it's hard to bend the knees! Love the paint. Still disappointed that they took out the collapsing shin part by the wheel, but I can get over it. He feels a lot bulkier. The kibble sticks out a lot more on the back and under the arms. His head actually seems a bit too small for his body, since as far as I can tell it's the same exact head as SS05 just with a lighter blue, and that head was perfect proportionally for that body.

I don't know if I'd call him "way better" than SS05, he's just different, and overall a little better, but I think SS05 might still be the more "fun" OP. The more athletic and posable one. I'm glad I have both!
    Jeezus the shipping cost almost as much as the figures? Where do you live, the moon??
    All they did was report on the rumor. It's not a confirmation.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 4