Movieverse-focused Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Makai Lung

Makai Lung Banned

My bad, too many has already complained about MPM-1 recently.

His pricing ain't gonna be nothing compared to Blackout. At best, I'm expecting Starscream to be $230, maybe $250.

2. Transvin

Transvin Well-Known Member

You really think that high? Thats much higher than Megatron

3. Makai Lung

Makai Lung Banned

If there's one thing we should learn from the [G1] MPs line is The more expensive, the better accuracy/quality/engineering/accessories we'll get out of our money's worth.

Go the $100+ route, and you'll get a piece of crap out of your moneys worth.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Transvin

Transvin Well-Known Member

Yes that is true!

5. Chris C137

Chris C137 Has a faux butt-flap. That partsforms.

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Agree fully here. I would happily pay more for MPMs if they had better paint and QC (Optimus and Ironhide were particularly bad for me).

6. Makai Lung

Makai Lung Banned

Reason they didn't is because there was a lot of pissing contest with Studio Series in terms of "which ones are better?"

Hasbro and Takara wanted both lines to sell well so they did this:

MPM (2007) Prime/Bee/Cade: "let's get HALF the paint right and make them all look accurate based on their car kibbles rather than their films porportion."

Studio Series (2007) Prime/Bee/Cade: "let's take a direct look at their CGI models and assert it on their Studio Series. Sure their backpacks ain't gonna look right but that's what their MPMs are for."

MPM Ironhide: "screw paint and QC, let's mess all that up and go to town with his film accuracy"

Studio Series Ironhide: "let's place an unfoldable bumper gaurd of his topkick truck and stick it across his stomach"

MPM VW BB: "screw the 2007 completion, lets brainlessly make it for the movie!!"

Studio Series VW BB: "screw the 2007 conpletion, let's brainlessly make it for the movie!!"

MPM Megatron: "we'll make it look as accurate as possible but leave a big chunk of jet pieces on his back."

Studio Series Megatron: "let's copy and paste his ROTF chest but sculpt a film accurate backpack."

The trend only broke when Jazzs MPM became the first to outlast Studio Series and because of that; Hasbro and Takara didn't hold back with engineering MPM-9 because they're already prepared to put that design to rest.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Primal Suit

Primal Suit Well-Known Member

I think that Ratchet and Starscream will be the releases that make or break the MPM line. Almost all MPM's have had issues, and I think if these 2 don't do well, Takara might just end the MPMs and put all their focus back onto the MP's.

8. Caminus Prime

Caminus Prime Banned

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    don't count on it. hastak's already working on 2021s slate by now. The only chance they'll stop is if they decide ROTF's worth the trouble or not

• Like Like x 3
  9. Notomus

Notomus Unofficial Pope of Devconism

News Credits:
    Honestly, I think there's maybe three figures from ROTF I would even bother wanting in MPM scale, I seriously don't think they'll get into ROTF.

10. Sideways77

Sideways77 useless lesbian

News Credits:
    I personally hope they pick and choose characters from the next 4 movies to do Mps of. Like two from each?

I personally want Sideswipe/Megatron, Megatron/Soundwave, Lockdown/Hound, and Hot Rod/Barricade

11. Caminus Prime

Caminus Prime Banned

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Which will suck because Sideways is my favorite design from that movie and I really wanted to see an MPM treatment

12. Notomus

News Credits:
    Sideways is one of them, along with Sideswipe and Jolt. I wouldn't consider certain doom to MPM yet, we don't know how well they've sold on the international scale.

13. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

I wouldn't count out the MPMs. I think we'll see characters from the other 4 Bay films and Bumblebee get MPMs.

ROTF:
    Sideswipe
    The Twins
    Jetfire
    Soundwave

DOTM:
    Sentinel
    Dino
    Megatron
    Wreckers

AOE:
    Galvatron
    Drift
    Crosshairs
    Bee/Stinger
    Possibly a dinobot

TLK:
    Megatron
    Nemesis Prime
    Drift
    Hot Rod

Bumblebee:
    Blitzwing
    Dropkick
    Shatter
    CJ
    Prime

14. Notomus

News Credits:
    Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they're trying to complete the casts of each film before they move onto the next film.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed, because with the arguable exception of Blackout, you have all of the primary Transformers from the first film completed with those two.

If they do well enough, they'll probably stick it out to finish the first film's cast. If not, you still got all the Autobots and the three main Decepticons out of the MPM line.

16. Caminus Prime

Caminus Prime Banned

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    The scariest aspect in doing that is trying to get the apalling designs to sell well like Rampage, soundwave and demolishor for instance

17. Notomus

News Credits:
    that brings us to the elephant in the room. Will we ever get a MPM scaled devastator from HasTak? They've certainly abstained from combiners in the MP lines in the past, perhaps the upcoming Raiden project could change their minds?

18. Zogliatti

Zogliatti Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    I really really hope they will go on with the cast of all the movies... Or at least, I hope they'll release some of them... There are many great designs in all movies that deserve a mpm treatment... I personally wish we'll get a Devastator (he and his parts are the main decepticons in ROTF, apart from Fallen and Meg) but I would be ok with at least Rampage and Long Haul (they als fight as single characters in the movie).... Anyway I know that 3rd party will do the job if Hastak doesn't, but only Hastak can release them in a reasonable time

19. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

I forbid TT from stopping the MPM line until I have:
    Sideswipe
    Dino
    Drift
    Crosshairs
    Hot Rod

On a positive note, TCP FINALLY got in MPM09. I'll finally have an MPM Jazz :D 

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Caminus Prime

Caminus Prime Banned

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Devastator's far easier than Raiden when you just give him transformable limbs. Mixmaster would be back in his triple-changing route and the other MPM Constructicons would have no compromises