Movieverse-focused Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Nov 6, 2019.

1. tonysandlin

tonysandlin Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know. I can buy their figures but also assume the CEO and other higher ups are greedy pigs. I don't think the KO's do significant damage, imo. Unless there is some data to support that?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Sideways77

Sideways77 useless lesbian

News Credits:
    It's still like

Theft

And theft is bad

• Like Like x 4
  3. tonysandlin

tonysandlin Well-Known Member

Anyway, who cares about this KO discussion. There are so many threads that discuss that already.

So for Starscream, there are a few points I'm really hoping Hasbro hits. I'd like to see the cockpit properly sized and depressed into his chest, the back thrusters, a proper Dorito shape, and a clean undercarriage in alt mode. Additionally, this is a great time to include Frenzy as an accessory, along with this missile launcher and buzzsaw.

For Ratchet, I'm just hoping they can capture his proportions and not make him look too chunky. Plus, the wheels need to be in the right place on his shoulders. I also hope to see his buzzsaw and gun, plus Mikaela Banes.

I'm so excited for these two and can't wait for a reveal! Hopefully they will be revealed at the same time like Jazz and Megatron.

• Like Like x 6
  4. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

Ratchet will be added to my collection.
    Still on the fence about Starscream.

There's only one MPM I do not own, and that is Megatron. If he wasn't released so close to MP44, I may have bought him. I just could not afford both.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Notomus

Notomus Unofficial Pope of Devconism

News Credits:
    Exactly, this is exactly what I wanted to respond with but couldn't quite find the words to say. THIS is why I only buy official.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Transvin

Transvin Well-Known Member

I so much hope you are right!!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. ElekTriC

ElekTriC Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    few days in and its already a official vs ko thread.. great..

anyway, give me the '76 camaro

• Like Like x 3
  8. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    Re: The Official Vs. KO discussion - Personally, I'd prefer to have the original. However, when a KO company makes a version that has less QC issues than the original (e.g. LT Prime) and gives it the paint job it should've had in the first place, then it's hard to resist.

In my opinion, companies that knock off legitimate products and try to pass them off as the original are assholes. Companies that upscale legitimate figures (e.g. BMB, Black Mamba, Blue Circus) are a bit of a gray area, but definitely a step up on the grounds that they're giving us something we want that Hasbro never will. Companies that completely alter figures (e.g. Wei Jiang, TF Dream Factory), I'm OK with, because they're essentially all new figures by the time they're done. Companies that design and produce their own figures, based on Hastak's character designs, I am totally on board with (e.g. DX9, Unique Toys, Badcube, etc.).

• Like Like x 5
  9. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Hasbro won't care until KO MPM's become permanent fixtures in toy aisles sold right alongside official MPM's.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Primal Suit

Primal Suit Well-Known Member

Just to get the thread back on topic, how would all of you rank the current MPM's? I'm not going to Include MPM-1 or 2

1.MPM-9 Jazz. An excellent figure with the fun "Splitting in half" gimmick. The only problem I have is the bulky shoulders.
    2. MPM-7 Bee. Surprisingly, even if it isn't movie-accurate at all, it's probably the most solid Figure so far, with no problems other than accuracy.
    3. MPM-3 Bee. My first MPM, Isn't the most accurate to the movie, but a fun figure with good articulation. Problems include accuracy and paint.
    4. MPM-8 Megatron. It would obviously be #1 if it had good paint and less QC problems. The KO version fixes this, But I'm only including Officials.
    5. MPM-4 Optimus. Very... Interesting. Not completely accurate, paint sucks, and the Tabbing issues were really bad. But a step towards the right direction for movie prime.
    6. MPM-6 Ironhide. Honestly, Best LOOKING MPM. Nearly Spot on to the Movie Model. However, everything else sucks; articulation, size, and DURABILITY.
    7. MPM-5 Barricade. I don't know, something about this just felt off. Maybe it just kind of felt cheap? And it's still inaccurate.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sideways77

Sideways77 useless lesbian

News Credits:
    If I had to rank them I'd personally go

1- Bumblebee
    2- Barricade
    3- Megatron
    4- Jazz
    5- Optimus
    6- Ironhide

Beetlebee looks like a big deluxe so I skipped him

12. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    What kind of QC issues are we talking? I just got him so I want to be aware.

13. Dillpickle

Dillpickle This looks like cool place to kick it!

News Credits:
    The forward ratchets in his hips can be problematic. The teeth are very spaced out and made of a softer plastic.

14. Notomus

News Credits:
    I'll raise you a list of my own!
    1. MPM-9 Jazz, literally everything you said
    2. MPM-3 Bumblebee, my first MPM (and MP) figure, and a great start into the wallet sucking toyline
    3. MPM-8 Megatron, got him for my birthday and I find him to be quite good, my only issue is that one of his knee spikes likes to pop off
    4. MPM-5 Barricade, I am probably one of the few people who actually likes the blue, I find it to be a neat reference to some of the original Barricades toys blue detailing
    5. MPM-6 Ironhide, with the upgrade kit he easily passes Megatron and Barricade but without, he feels like a mess, I honestly wouldn't mind if they wanted to retry making him.
    6. MPM-4 Optimus Prime, he needs a new figure, maybe based off the engineering from the SS toys? I feel like the SS Dotm figure would work better as an MP scaled Prime than the actual MPM.

15. Notomus

News Credits:
    oh we'll definately get a DoTM MPM Optimus, remember MP-01 vs MP-10? The eventual DOTM Prime will annihilate MPM-04

16. Lukelbs

Lukelbs I am responsible for my own disappointment.

I'm excited to see Ratchet and Starscream if they are indeed the next figures. I really hope that Starscream still have a beast of a jet mode that is able to compress to a robot sized between Megatron and Optimus. Though I realize that's possibly an impossible expectation. I at least expect him to be well articulated including shoulder joints like the leader/ previous MPM version.
    Anyway, I've got pretty high hopes for these figures.

Looking at everyone's list of MPM figures ranked I realized mine is very different from everyone else's.
    Here's mine, I doubt many will agree with it though.
    1. MPM-06 Ironhide: I think he's the most accurate and I love the paint and articulation. I forgive the loose shoulders, they never really bothered me.
    2. MPM-07 Bumblebee Beetle: solid figure with no issues aside from accuracy issues, but I like the inaccuracies more than the final look of Bumblebee Movie Bee.
    3. MPM-04 Optimus Prime: tabbing issues aside, I had no gripes with Optimus. Incredible articulation and familiar transformation make him a really fun figure.
    4. MPM-03 Bumblebee: solid figure that's a lot of fun. Not much more to say.
    5. MPM-09 Jazz: same as Bee. Solid, and fun.
    6. MPM-05 Barricade: I have no issues with paint color, I think the blue looks better and like Bee and Jazz he's solid and fun.
    7. MPM-02 Starscream: hopefully his new mold will blow this one out of the water, but for the time being this is a great figure!
    8. MPM-08 Megatron: He was the most disappointing to me. He looks great in both modes, has a fun transformation and all the right accessories, but mine had parts popping off all over the place and the big chunk of diecast in his back make him to top heavy to pose dynamically.

I know that expectations played a big part here in my rankings since the figures with some of the biggest issues are rated so high. I knew what I was getting when I got Prime and Ironhide and the issues ended up not bothering me much at all. With Megatron, early praise left me unprepared for the issues mine had and so I ended up feeling disappointed. So far though, I think the MPM line is great and just keeps getting better as far as accuracy and accessories.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    I don't understand why they made ratchets of all pieces, from soft plastic.

I think eventually we will get a movie accurate 2018 movie Bumblebee, Blitzwing, triple changer Dropkick, Shatter and 2018 Bumblebee Optimus.

Also at some point, a retool of MPM4 as DOTM Optimus

18. Transvin

Transvin Well-Known Member

What do you guys think of the chance of a full MPM movie 1 cast? I mean could Black-out, Bonecrusher & Brawl as an MPM be a real possibility?

19. Makai Lung

Makai Lung Banned

What did you possibly expect??? It's a 10 year old mold that has no correspondence to the latest MPMs.

I just don't get why you guys are still complaining about Starscream. It's not fair for anybody to have to go after MPM-1 (A LEADER CLASS!) when not even Hasbro was given a chance to release it back then. And once again; it's not fair to the modern collectors because not everyone can afford it and it's THAT expensive to get ahold of.

20. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

I'm on the fence because I was never a big fan of his dorito shaped robot mode. That's my only drawback.

I know his pricing is going to be exorbatant, but that's the new normal and not worth complaining about anymore.