Movieverse-focused Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I'm thinking the line isn't gonna last longer than we think. We just got only 1 mold this year (and probably Blackout for all of next year).
    We have to consider that recently all the MPMs have been through huge discounts, the line is probably not selling too well.

2. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Well-Known Member

I had not heard the MPM Blackout rumour. That is very interesting! I only heard the '77 Bee rumour.

I hope this line continues, but it's true that they are always on clearance so it makes me wonder how long it will last.

There have also been zero Beast MP announcements for a long time with nothing in the pipe. The others in the G1 thread don't seem to want to believe it, but I believe there was a change in the TT Masterpiece leadership and that may be why BW and MPM have slowed down. Or someone at TT finally realized that us G1 MP fans are getting old and they have limited time to make money, so they are re-focusing on G1 for a while. Nobody really knows.

Anyway I just saw Grindor at the store and I almost bought it because I like Blackout/Grindor and I never bought SS Blackout. But I'm holding on to hope that an MPM of Blackout is coming eventually.

• Like Like x 1
  3. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Proud member of the Cult of Scorponok

News Credits:
    The Bee rumor turned out to be the VW Beetle reissue in the Buzzworthy line.
    No plans for a ‘77 Bee currently, apparently. But yeah Blackout is coming in 2022, so that’s kind of exciting. Although you already know the paint apps will suck.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Zogliatti

Zogliatti Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    I also think they are on clearance cause it doesn´t make sense to sell this items on retail anymore.... actually G1 Mps are not sold on retail anymore, am I wrong (I live in Europe so I´m not 100% sure)?
    The market now is all moving on the online stores, where almost all of this figure are bought.... And I think they sell good there. I hope Hasbro doesn´t base the success of a figure only on retail sales in USA cause it wouldn´t be a smart move!!
    Of course the average age of MPM collectors is younger than the G1 one, so maybe they are now focusing on them, but I think there are already enough middle aged collectors (I´m 35, for example) of the MPM line. I actually think that if MPM figure would get the same treatment of the G1 MPs (much more paint and accuracy, higher price point) they would sell better, and not worse!!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. AUTOBOT1995

AUTOBOT1995 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Admittedly i totally dropped the G1Mp lineup due to inconsistencies in design, The Insane prices mixed with horrible QC issues and not to mention frequency. the new skids mould has got my interest as it looks like the more traditional MP figure but stuff like 44 & 45 I just cant get interested in.

(In my opinion) MPM however seems to have much less critical breaking points and better overall quality and consistency. And at 2-3 a year thats a really nice number to be aiming for in a year, its just a shame that its dropped to that one per year sort of system which has been lame.
    Youve also gotta keep in mind these could be doing stellar on the chinese market as the movies are insanely popular over there. I would say that could be a big point for continuing the line if it is doing really well over there, Hell even the team developing the figures appears to be there.
    I suppose thinking about it, Covid may also be another reason why its been slower. Tie that with developing a giant figure like blackout and it makes sense why it would be slower.

• Like Like x 2