Movies you should've seen in the theater, but didn't

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by shibamura_prime, May 8, 2009.

1. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Cloverfield.

2. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

News Credits:
    Alien when it was rereleased for halloween a few years ago. What was I thinking?

3. kidnicky

kidnicky Well-Known Member

In my time:
    Incredible Hulk,Iron Man,X-Men. I go to see most movies that I'm interested in,so my list isn't that long.
    Wasn't alive/too young:
    Metropolis,Blade Runner,Star Wars first trilogy

4. rattrap007

rattrap007 one with the Force TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Die Hard With a Vengence - Saw Congo in stead. I walked in and out of that film about 12 times before it was over.

5. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Movie Tavern

We have one here in town, I go to it quite often.

On topic, I really can't say. I go to the movies quite often and catch most blockbuster's there. I could list movies that should be seen on the big screen because I imagine they won't be quite the same on the small screen. One of them being "knowing".

6. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Nice, pretty much everything that I want to do. I might have to get some info on how successful they and draw up a business plan for loan now. Though i wouldn't show new movies. I think it'd be too much a drain on resources. I don't want to have to pay film companies. I'd like to focus exclusivelt on classic films. With some rooms showing full length films, some showing short classics like Laurel and Hardy or Abbott and Costello movies, and some with short 30 minute films.

7. Backpack

Backpack G1 forever.

When I was young I had this nasty habit of thinking new things were stupid.

Age 5 I was into Batman and Superfriends. At that time a little space movie openned up and I had no interest in seeing it because it wasn't about Super Heros. Well I was practicly dragged to it by my Father and Mother. My Dad assured me that I would love it and forced me to go. I feel inlove with that little Space Movie.... Star Wars.

Some years later it all happened again with Raiders of the Lost Ark. I thought it looked dumb (no space ships)... but my Mom really wanted to go, so I went dispite my disinterest. Wow, best action film ever.

Well, the one casualty of my old nasty habbit... was Highlander. I saw the commercials for it and thought it look stupid. But, there was this small part of me that thought back to Star Wars and Raiders... and thought could this be like those films? I decided I'd go see it and find out. Sadly I just didn't get around to it. The first time I saw it was on HBO. I still feel like I missed out and it's one of only a few things in life that I regret (even if it is a silly little thing like seeing a movie).

I'd also like to note that in '84 the first time I saw a commercial on TV for Transformers (a Marvel Comics ad) I thought it was also stupid. .... and I quote myself talking to the TV.... " That's lame, they are just copying Go-Bots " (which came out a few months before). It took a friend of mine, who needed money to buy Rumble and Ravage to get me to spend cash on a Transformer.... we combined our cash, bought it and split up the figures. I got Rumble and just loved it like crazy. The next day I went out and bought Soundwave.

8. New Year Convoy

New Year Convoy Well-Known Member

Transformers the Movie
    Original Star Wars Trilogy
    E.T.
    The first two Indiana Jones films
    The first two American Pie movies
    The Abyss
    The Terminator
    Aliens
    Rambo:First Blood

9. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My best friend told me that his mom dragged him to the theater to see The Killing Fields.
    who drags their kids to see The Killing Fields?

My mom used to take me and my sister to a theater, dump us in one movie while she watched horror movies or movies aimed at the grown ups, but didn't work out so well at times.
    like, she watched Private Benjamin while we watched of all things, Alligator.
    because of this, we caught an awful lot of movies on the big screen we shouldn't.

but VHS and the onset of video rental stores- local mom and pop joints here- kinda ended that for us.
    sigh.

it was and is still a massive turd, but i do kinda wish now that i had seen Jaws 3-D on the big screen.
    just to see a Megladon sized shark zoom in on your seat...man. what a hoot.

10. tonks00

tonks00 spec ed

The Mayfair Theatre

I found this place just now, it is great if you live in Ottawa! Ghostbuster tonight!

11. Honey-Flash

Honey-Flash Yes, I'm a girl.

I have a few...

-The Dark Night
    -Juno
    -Batman Begins
    -Howl's Moving Castle
    -Revenge of the Sith

12. Yaujta

Yaujta ANUTFORAJAROFTUNA Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    There's a theater like this in the town I used to live in. It did incredible business by showing indy films as well as big budget flicks while serving diner-style food and bottomless popcorn and drinks. It's $20 for two dinners and a movie.
    They did a Star Wars trilogy fest that included lunch and dinner.
    On Halloween, they'd do horror fests, and occasionally Rocky Horror/Grease fests.

On topic- I wish I would have seen Braveheart, the original Alien and the first Resident Evil on the big screen.

13. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

Episode 2- transition to moving to Canada so by the time I had sorteed EVERYTHING the movie was off the theater I could go

Juno just because it was an awesome movie

the mummy brooke

Street figther 1994 ....its such a great movie.....once taken without stret figther.