Movie Tie in games

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Terrellatron, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Terrellatron

Terrellatron REPAIR REPAIR REPAIR

News Credits:
    Do you miss the movie tie in games I personally enjoyed them except rise of the dark spark

2. Soundlips

Soundlips Defending Reactivate since 2020 loves Tinfoil Hats

News Credits:
    No. Not. One. Bit. Movie tie in games is what killed the Cybertron series so I will forever hate them just for that reason and that we never got a true resolve to the trilogy whether on Earth or somewhere in between. Even apart from that reason they still suck, have weak story/gameplay, and are usually cheaply made just to get as much quick cash has possible. In general, all movie tie in games (hell all movie based games) suck because they don't care one bit about making a good game, they just want to make a quick buck and just crap out some half assed game. So yeah, I pretty much dislike them all.

Think I am wrong, look at the battleship or Rambo game.

Now WFC/FoC and the Armada game, those were some gems and goddamn amazing.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Agent 53

Agent 53 Well-Known Member

The problem with Movie Tie In games, not just for Transformers but for movies in general is that movies tend to break up the action with long segments of character interaction, which don't really translate well to video games, so they have to adjust the plot more to better fit the medium. Personally I'd say, if you really want to do a good tie in, it needs to be a stand alone story line, with the designs and some pot elements from the film, for example while it's not saying much, of the tie in games for the 2 Amazing spider man films, the first one, which occurred sometime after the film, was far better than the loose attempt to adapt the second film while also doing their own story.

4. CannonBlaster

CannonBlaster Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    They’re hit and miss. Even the best ones aren’t as good as the Cybertron games, Armada or Devastation though.

A good movie tie-in game is possible though. For instance, GoldenEye and Spider-Man 2 both had good tie-in games.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Stryker729

Stryker729 That’s rough, buddy

The 2007 DS game is arguably the most “fitting” Transformers game of all time.

The 2007 DS game and why it’s the quintessential Transformers game

I explained it’s strengths and weaknesses in detail. The High Moon games are great, but they are glorified third person shooters that treat transformation as a gimmick or ability. The rest of the movie games are unfortunately not as good, but the platform ROTF game is another gem.

ROTDS is one of the most disappointing console games I’ve ever seen.

• Like Like x 1
  6. PrimeSmokescreen 04

PrimeSmokescreen 04 Well-Known Member

Even if rotds never happened, we still wouldnt have gotten a 3rd cybertron game as high moon was reduced to a subsidiary studio for Activision.
    Because of this, they dont make their own games anymore and simply assist in whatever game Activision is currently working on.