Movie Series Becoming Completely Animated???

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Splendic, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Splendic

Splendic bleep blorp

Ebay:
    I almost feel like there's not a ton of reason to write this (because the odds of it happening are slim), but I'm curious enough for feedback.

How interested would you be in the Transformers movie property becoming a wholly animated affair?

I know these movies have kept the brand strong, and I appreciate that as a fan, but I'm pretty sick of this iteration of the property. On the other hand, the last couple of TF cartoon series have been smart, and entertaining, and still fan service heavy... without having a lot of the flaws the movies have.

I'd personally enjoy seeing it go back to it's roots with an almost all TF cast, set both on earth and in space, and done by a studio like DreamWorks, with an animation quality (not style obviously) similar to something like HTTYD, Lego Movie, whatever...

I know the big, bombastic, all-spectacle, tentpole-movie nature of the current series has been responsible for so much of the box office draw, but big, well made animated movies certainly turn a good profit too.

So do you think the public would be interested in that turn of the franchise eventually?

2. Bob 121

Bob 121 Well-Known Member

I wish. A war on Cybertron prequel trilogy would be perfect. But they've already said they wont go that route.

3. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Wasn't that essentially Transformers: Prime in a nutshell?

4. MasterZero

MasterZero Taking a Break

If the Bay movies turn into all animated? Won't like it.

Big issue? There's no way they'll be able to capture the same level of detailing through the whole of the animated movie. No way.

Letting the new trilogy finish and rebooting the series as a Dreamworks CGI movie? Yeah, sure. How to Train Your Dragon and Kung Fu Panda were great movies. I trust them to do good.

5. Splendic

Splendic bleep blorp

Ebay:
    Yes. Definitely meant it as a complete reboot with a team more suited to the style.

6. Galvatron II

Galvatron II I can type whatever here?

A Brad Bird animated TF movie would be great.

7. JasonPrime

JasonPrime Well-Known Member

I'd love to see some adult targeted, more mature Transformers animated movies along the lines of G.I. Joe Resolute. Don't know how likely that is, but it would be cool.

8. Porkulus

Porkulus Too Many Hobbies

YouTube (Legacy):
    It'll need to be its own continuity, but I'd be down for it.

9. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I think it'd be cool if they did an animated prequel TV series to the movies.

10. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    No.

The movies are more fun, entertaining, original, and ultimately better than Prime ever was.

11. TrailbreakerADK

TrailbreakerADK Defense Strategist

This. Well, maybe not Brad Bird himself, but somewhere in the direction of Pixar or Dreamworks would be cool.

I'm totally game for a fully animated movie reboot, one that is more kid-friendly. And as fun as it would be to explore Cybertron, I think it should take place on Earth, because I want to see the franchise stick to the core "robots in disguise" theme.