Movie Questions

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by primelock, Jun 27, 2014.

1. primelock

primelock Member

Hi everyone. Original G1 fan, collector, and pretty much love anything transformers related.

Been reading these forums for awhile, but decided to make an account so I could post.

Just saw AOE and have some questions:

Why didn't Prime use his boots to fly into space at the beginning of the movie to get away from being hunted?

What happened to Lockdown's "Knightship" at the end of the movie?

How did Prime get repaired after lockdown shoots him? When the autobots free him from the ship he seemed to be in perfect working order, but before he couldn't even walk.

I'll probably have more questions. I come from the 80s G1 transformers perspective, and Grimlock has always been one of my favorites. I was disappointed they didn't used Greg Berger for his voice.

2. kilgpmktra

kilgpmktra Well-Known Member

Plot
    Plot
    Plot
    Plot
    Michael bay not listening to fans again.

3. MasterZero

MasterZero Taking a Break

1. Didn't have them yet
    2. Left on Earth. Might be explained in the sequel.
    3. (Shrugs) Same way characters shake off life threatening wounds in other movies. Or maybe it was just meant to paralyze him for moving?

Really? Cause a lot of this movie seemed to have him countering fan complaints.

4. primelock

primelock Member

Them killing off Ratchet was hard to watch, too. Felt the same way when they killed Ironhide in DoTM.

5. kilgpmktra

kilgpmktra Well-Known Member

I meant that ALL those things happened because of asspulls to make the actual story work.

6. MasterZero

Nothing new to storytelling. No story is without holes, the question is more "Does the plothole affect your enjoyment?" Sometimes, with others? Yeah. Me, personally? I don't care enough about them to be upset. I'm too busy thinking about how awesome Hound was, or how pretty the visuals looked.

7. primelock

primelock Member

8. MasterZero

1. Well, they do explain that the...what was it....Transformertanium or something? Could make stuff out of itself. As for why didn't everyone do it, I can only imagine it was because they didn't want to abandon their leader.

2. Possible. They didn't seem like they were in a rush though. Not that I blame them. After being held capture for so long, a long run together seems like fun.

3. Was it two? Seemed like only one.

9. primelock

primelock Member

Haha did we watch the same movie? He shot Prime once while he was on top of Galvy making him eat cement. Then he shoots him again and Prime falls on the car hood.

10. TUROK1134

TUROK1134 Banned

Probably didn't get him until he scanned the other truck. Should have explained how he got them, though.

Well, either it gets partly destroyed and gets the hell out of there, or Prime's shot completely blew it up. Not sure.

I dunno, lol. In the first movie they do say that it seems like the Transformers movies have a self-repairing molecular armor, but we know the answer is pure plot convenience.

11. ryan1979nz

ryan1979nz Member

The left over vehicons were heading to the knightship, presume galvatron took it with them

12. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    OP got the boosters with his "Silver Knight Armor" when he gained the power of the Knights when taking the sword, even tho the armor wasn't silver lol.

13. TUROK1134

TUROK1134 Banned

I didn't think of this. This makes the most sense.

14. Armada13

Armada13 Spaceship!

Disappointing we didn't get the "Silver Knight" colors, since it's being so heavily promoted.

15. Felixman

Felixman Well-Known Member

The movie kind of/sort of implies that Transformers are capable of rapid self recovery: The only injury the lead is confirmed to have tried to repair was Optimus' connection to his spark. While Prime is still a little wobbly in his first battle, presumably the morning after his repairs, he rapidly and inexplicably regains his strength after that. Scanning a new truck mode appeared to be him not only swapping disguises, but shakeing off the last of his injuries.

Since Bumblebee regained his voice at the end of the first movie, we must assume he is STILL talking by radio because he feels like it.

Also, at one point, I think it was Hound who said something to the effect of 'We have a ship, now we can leave'. Combined with the first three films, it is reasonably safe to assume that the Autobots can not escape the planet on their own for... reasons. I have no idea why they can't shift to interplanetary mode and leave the same way they showed up. If they're suffering from a lack of energon, leaving them too weak to get off world, the film does nothing to imply it: the Autobots are ticked, frustrated and trigger happy but not visibly suffering from physical issues like Jetfire was in Revenge of the Fallen.

16. Sonicguy001

Sonicguy001 Member

Answers

1. Optimus was in his rusty truck form (possibly his form from the original trilogy) and didn't have them yet. He was also heavily damaged as a result of a human made ambush

2. Unknown. It is probably in the possession of Galvatron or Destroyed.

3. The Transformers have an auto repair function which restored his systems. How else would you explain it? Certainly answers how they restore their armour. Hell it's even mentioned in the first movie that they have self-regenerating molecular armour.

17. nonexistent

nonexistent Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the movie though it has some pros and cons. its great we have another movie after 3 years. My question though is who sent the spaceships (not sure what you call them, the assault carrier that came with cyberverse legion starscream) after crosshairs and bee when they are on one. Are they from KSI who obtained the damaged ships and repaired them or are they from Lockdown's ships. And who is piloting those space ships? In Dark of the moon, a decepticon protoform was piloting it and got ripped apart by the wreckers.

18. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    It wasn't explicitly mentioned in the movie, but I got the impression that when Prime "interacted" with that sword in Lockdown's ship, he received some upgrades (as well as the sword and the shield). The boosters being one of the upgrades.

Still just floating there. Would have made more sense for Prime to take it.

The robots have been shown to repair after time passes. Hell, Bumblebee grew back legs.

19. primelock

primelock Member

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing and thought that was what Prime would do when he said he would leave. But instead, he activates rockets boosters from his legs and flies into space Superman Style!

It reminds me of the time when Prime takes Sideswipe's rocket pack from the original G1 Season 1 finale to go after Megs.

20. Lone_Decepticon

Lone_Decepticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed. I felt sorry for him and cringed hearing him plead for his life. No bueno at all.