Movie Optimus Prime is the best version

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by OptimusPrimeX47, Jul 4, 2011.

1. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

In all honesty Optimus Prime is not supposed to be "stone cold killa" he is supposed to rise above, however Im referring to the sadistic nature he seems to execute people with.

Even in a time of war that by military law would be considered a war crime. When the enemy is beaten and cant fight back there is a difference. Sentinel would have probably died on the spot anyway putting the bullets in the head is just sick and if you think its justifiable you got issues.

There is a differance between being good guy and a bad guy right or am I missing something. The good fight has a moral it fights for and doesnt cross it or they just become the same as the bad guys and then its not about morality its about who wins essentially.

2. Seansy

Seansy Me Grimlock say Go Do One

Ebay:
    They are not humans. I would say losing both legs (a lá BB in TF07), losing an arm (DOTM and SS in ROTF) or getting your chest ripped into (OP in ROTF) would most probably be difficult to repair/treat/save if it were a human being. Prime knows that he has to completely destroy those bad guys, and the only way is by ripping their faces. Sentinel dead? doubt it based upon how much punishment the above took. If Megs decapitated Prime in ROTF then maybe he wouldn't/couldn't be brought back to life. I say he was more tactics. Sadist? I couldn't see the smile behind his mask. Or hear a laugh.

Morals in war? Surely war on the whole is immoral?!

Seán

3. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Then how about TELL US that the only way to kill is the head in the movie? Because right now it just looks like Optimus likes to show off. I mean, we see HUMAN BULLETS TO THE CROTCH can kill those guys, is there really a need to deploy your murder-hooks and ruin Grindor's shit like that? Is it WISE when you can just shoot his face?

4. Seansy

Seansy Me Grimlock say Go Do One

Ebay:
    Fair point.

Wise? I don't think his ethics come into question when immediacy is needed. Three bots VS one, defending a human. It's the whole "Fight or Flight" thing. And under pressure you do what you have to do. Maybe he could have shot him in the head. But then again when things like this happen you do anything you can with no thought. He is a war bot, and a bloody good one at that from what is seen.

5. HordakFan

HordakFan Banned

My third fave incarnation

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    1) :lolol  That's so funny aboit the toast part.

Als two you've hit the nail about Bayformer Prime.

7. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    G1 Prime = wimp.
    Movie Prime = brutal and commanding.

8. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ganked and edited this to add my opinion on it.

There is a big character difference between tftm/rotf prime and dotm prime. It's like they took Megs brains and shoved them in prime. I'm more for variance of characters in groups, not drone similarities.

9. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    Fire Convoy would like a word with you!

That's actually just my RiD fan talking.

10. Rikerwota

Rikerwota Well-Known Member

I often wonder what must be going through Peter Cullen's mind when watching the graphic scenes with Prime.
    As he's said on many occasion, he based Prime on his brother - being a strong commander with dignity and compassion. I just can't picture him getting any satisfaction out of watching the brutal, cold-blood killings of movie Prime.

11. Amaya

Amaya Well-Known Member

Their military laws are obviously different than ours, or Ratchet wouldn't be shooting at 'Cons and vice versa. Not to mention Decepticons don't care that they're killing people who aren't involved in the war, so there's that.

This. I figure he could only make suggestions, though. I'm sure if Bay really wanted a certain scene/line in, he'd do it. Maybe Cullen will say something in the next interview.

12. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

People seem to forget that G1 was a badass as well, it just took a PG rating for him to get there:

"Dinobots, destroy Devastator"

"Megatron must be stopped, no matter the cost"

"One shall stand, one shall fall"

...not to mention storming Autobot city and slaughtering multiple Decpticons in his path.

G1 Prime and Movie Prime are one and the same, just now he has a 12a rating instead. :D 

13. Rikerwota

Actually, all those Decepticons in the G1 movie weren't brutally killed - merely incapacitated by Prime on his way to the real threat - Megatron.
    Quite a difference there.

14. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Well-Known Member

Movie Optimus is my favorite too. Ive seen G1, Armada/Energon, & Prime and I never cared about those versions of Optimus as much as I do for movie Optimus. He's not afraid to kickass and get shit done.

15. adypax

adypax You didn't betray me, you betrayed yourself.

wow..i love this thread..
    to compare both primes..its really not possible..yes they both have the same name and matrix..but both of them are way different..just like animated Prime and Optimus from tf prime..same name but different take on him..

some of my peeps hates movie Op..why??..cos he's going all around killin decepticons??..*

but wasnt all that taught by his mentor??..the wisest and most respected autobot hefore Op??..the one revered in greatness??..the bot who defected right underneath the autobots noses?..(do they even have one??) *the double crossing bot who goes back on all his teachin and preachin??..

if i were Movie Op,i too would shoot Sentinel..if i had him lived, i am,very well, damn sure he'll do it again..cos he is Sentinel Prime..the most dangerous and kniving autobot..

plus..I think Movie Op is sick and tired of hearing them saying he's a weakling throughout the whole trilogy..so he shows them what he can really, really do..

just my one cent worth..

there will b a time when a student rises above his master..
    and Optimus Prime did it with one arm..

16. Dragaura

Dragaura Active Member

I love Movie Optimus and I agree with what many others have said: Movie Optimus is meant to be realistic, not from a child's cartoon.
    And no one is perfect, not even Optimus. Even the most compassionate and patient of people can be pushed "over the edge" if provoked enough. Here he lost many friends, he's been fighting for a VERY long time, and he had been betrayed multiple times (starting with his "brother" Megatron and later his mentor Sentinel). And I think that Movie Optimus is not the bloodthirsty killer that many make him out to be. He had chosen Earth as a new home because Cybertron was basically destroyed so he was determined to protect his home. And he tried to reason with Sentinel multiple times, even in battle. He is a leader, but he's also a soldier. Whether he liked it or not, he had to do what he had to do to end the war. If you read the prequel comic Foundation, you'd know that his 'ruthlessness' was a part of him from the beginning and he had learned to keep it in check until it was truly needed. If you didn't, I recommend it. It adds quite a bit into the character of Movie Optimus.
    Just another two cents into the pile of coins.

17. Rikerwota

As I aluded to before, and others have suggested - I think Bay's sense of 'cool' had more to do with the killing sequences than would have otherwise been portrayed.

18. griffon2k

griffon2k Active Member

When he was first revealed for TF, I swore I would never recognize him as the true Optimus. I mean hell, he was wearing flames, Optimus Prime doesn't do flames. But then he put down Bonecrusher, took on three 'cons including Megs by himself, died, resurrected and ripped the face off of the Fallen. And that's all before we get to relocating Megatron's head and spine or taking out Sentinel Prime.

Movie Optimus Prime talked about peace like any other version, but if it came to war, it was WAR. The only other version that comes close is OP from the 86 movie.

19. griffon2k

griffon2k Active Member

Co-signed. And even if you hadn't read the comics, the old school TF theme song laid it out:

The Autobots wage their battle to destroy the evil forces of the Decepticons...

That makes for a short animated series, so of course they weren't just killing off 'cons left and right back then, but in a 2 1/2 hour film?

Really not getting the animosity about there actually being Decepticon casualties during war...

20. adypax

adypax You didn't betray me, you betrayed yourself.

so..how many piles of coins do we have now??