Movie Figures that fit in Studio Series

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Thebricklord, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Thebricklord

Thebricklord Well-Known Member

Recently I've been getting more invested in the studio series line. However, I noticed that there was a glaring absence of some personal favorites of mine, Hound and Crosshairs. That got me to thinking, would their old TLK deluxe and voyager figures fit in with studio series? That also made me wonder, what other figures from the old movie lines could easily fit in with the studio series crowd?

• Like Like x 2
  2. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    I have TLK Hound with my Studio Series figures. I think he fits in decent enough and my movie shelf just wouldn't be right without a Hound. I can't speak for Crosshairs since I don't have him but I do have Nitro Zeus, TLK Cogman, and my TLK Voyager Optimus and Megatron posed with my current Studio Series figures and I think they fit in fine also. Those last two are my definitive versions of those characters for my movie shelf and I have not felt the need to get any of the other SS versions.

The only thing though about mixing older figures (say 2007-DOTM) is the fact they would be out of scale with the Studio Series line. I know scale when it comes to characters have always been subjective but I mean how the figures back then were bigger than figures from today. (A deluxe figure from 2007 is way bigger than a current deluxe).

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  3. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    TLK Berzerker is a good Crankcase stand-in.
    TLK Nitro Zeus because he is far better than KSI Boss

AoE Hound until they do a new AoE Hound (mine broke, sadly)
    AoE Drift for his car mode
    Takara Lost Age Jolt because he's a far chance for SS

DotM Roadbuster, Topspin, Wheeljack, and Leadfoot if you have Leadfoot for your Wreckers and the highly unlikely chance they'll redo Wheeljack
    DotM Voyager Sentinel until he happens (Leader is too big)

No ROTF figs I can think of....

Movie Voyager Megatron for your movie 1 Megs if you need that. Mega 'If' there...

4. iacon45

News Credits:
    The only ROTF figure I think would probably fit would be The Fallen himself. He was always a bit bigger than the other bots so it might work with the other Studio Series figures.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos New Holder of the Matrix of Leakership

News Credits:
    Pretty much anyone from The Last Knight Line save for the Dinobots and Squeaks fits in Studio Series.

As others have mentioned Que/Wheeljack is fits well with the line, as does the Takara Jolt.

For Skids and Mudflap I use their Ice Cream Truck deluxe. Yes, it makes them the smallest of the group but with next to the likes of BB Movie Bee or Jazz... they actually look REALLY good together.

For the Cons Shockwave from DOTM is pretty much perfect. Right now I have my DOTM Deluxe soundwave until we get one in the SS line but he fits well too. And The Fallen from ROTF is good though I have the Cyro Fallen version and I actually like him better than the Fire Version.

6. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Maybe Mixmaster? I'm not sure...

7. Thebricklord

Thebricklord Well-Known Member

I was thinking of just waiting for KSI Boss to stand in as my Nitro-Zeus. Why do you think he's better?

8. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I have yet to sort through all of my Movie toys and keep the ones that are in scale and get rid of the rest.

9. iacon45

News Credits:
    I wouldn't call Nitro Zeus or KSI Boss better than the other if you don't own the mold. The issue with KSI Boss is that his scheme isn't radically different than TLK Nitro. If you already have a Nitro, I wouldn't bother with KSI Boss, but if you don't own the mold, then definitely get KSI Boss. The mold is one of the better movie Con molds.

Before he was shown, I was actually hoping KSI Boss would have been in Skywarp colors.

• Like Like x 2
  10. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    Basically Nitro beats the KSI Boss because unlike the KSI Boss, Nitro isn't a generic but stands in for a generic.

But if you don't have Nitro, get KSI Boss