Customs: Movie Combiners

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by UltraMagnus2008, May 6, 2009.

1. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    I feel like I'm at a crossroads I can go one way down the old and familiar g1 style or try the new "hip" bay former way of things. I fully expected the new Devastator to be a little more traditional than he is. I would say his stance is overall the furthest away from G1 any movie character has gotten. I really want to take a crack at some new combiner teams now that there will finally be enough variety in the line to make some but whats cool now, lol? We have beaten the classics devy like a dead horse to the point I don't check the heavy mods section as much as I used to. New Devy is original but over the top a bit. Do I make a movie Superion chicken legged since thats the norm it seems for jets? Should Bruticus be stanced like a silver back? Should Defensor do the same or because he's an Autobot does that take away from his animalistic tendencies and allow him to walk upright with the rest of the bots? Its like writers block, the movie bots are cool because they inspire a lot of new ideas for me but they also set a bar that feels..out of reach sometimes since hollywood can just blow history of the series out of the water and do w/e the F*** they want.

2. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Movie Devastator is pretty original, but only after having 25 years of the same type of combiner from Transformers. I'd love to see a movie version of an autobot combiner that maintains a heroic look and stance.

Movie Devs seems so huge, I'm excited for a moment to think of how they'll take him down, but then I remember that it's going to be something completely silly like an allspark shard or Sam will have the touch or something.

As for customizing, I'd love to see more animal/monster-like decepticon combiners. So...make a turtle version of bruticus. Thanks.

3. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    Now thats just plain original! and quite feasible thanks.