2D Artwork: Movie Combaticons

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Ra88, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:

Attached Files:

2. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:

All I can say is :jawdropper: 

3. Baird

Baird bug-stomper

Great job, RA88!:drool: 

4. Altitron

Altitron Commercial Artist

Ebay:
    SICK! You've improved vastly since I first saw your work. Amazing job. :>

- Alty

5. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

One smilie to describe Onslaught done Movie-style: :bay 

Awesome work.

6. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    Damm, not too bad :) 

7. Lord Ramulus

Lord Ramulus In a world of Wheelies, be a Kup.

i think i like you earlier concept...do you have a computer or inked version of the later design...it looks crowded in black and white. i like the look of it though, it looks awesome!

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    That's really cool looking. I wouldn't mind seeing that guy on the big screen. Though I would definitely want a Mega-Octane repaint of the toy version, and knowing my luck it would be the one color scheme that they would absolutely refuse to release the mold in, so I'd most likely end up kitbashing him.

9. TGping

TGping Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    you get better with every drawing, just keep it up man :D 

I do like that you include close ups of the head, I need to include that on my stuff.

10. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    oh i like that

11. star11scream

star11scream Spoon + Star11scream

What do you mean not to bad, It's awesome,I can't draw that well even with my works with drawing cars and stuff.P.S- Do you scan you're drawing or do draw them on the computers

12. Cuillere

Cuillere French Fries

News Credits:
    Nice concept, now it's time to add color and shade :D 

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    The head looks like Plo Koon's. THAT ALONE MAKES IT AWESOME. It is made more awesome by the rest of the design.

14. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Very cool man, I dig it :thumbs2: 

15. Mastergeorge

Mastergeorge I should burn my wallet.

News Credits:
    Thats really cool.
    I wish hasbro would make something like this.

16. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Update time, and I included a few of his buddies. :)  Before you ask, the Combaticons are a large group of mercenaries of mostly Decepticons, with the G1 team making up the Core Team (the leaders) while the rest are part of the main 'army'. Make no mistake though, each and everyone of them are elite warriors and tacticians, and could put any Autobot or Decepticon to shame. The Decepticons are just lucky they have the most to offer to them.

[​IMG]

Updated Onslaught design. :)  Changed a few things, mostly concerning the shield, backpack and shouldercannons.

[​IMG]

Everyone's favourite conman and his RiD counterpart! Wanted to keep those two similiar, and hey, why not make them mold brothers as well? :)  Swindle and Rollbar are partner in crimes and always take care of the Combaticon 'paperwork' and finances together, and if you want to hire or contact the Combaticons, then you'd have to approach them. As such they're the most sighted mechs of the group, though they're still hard to find.

[​IMG]

Just a few concepts. The two head concepts on the left are for the (as of now) only female member of the group, who used to be an Autobot general before she got sickened by how weak they were, and how careless they were with the Allspark. However, she didn't like to swear allegiance to the Decepticon, a splintered faction with a maniacal and shortsighted tyrant as their leader, so she instead joined the group of her old pre-war friend Onslaught. She transforms into a Stryker APC (and to differentiate her from Wreckage she'll be the version that has the tankturret instead of the machine gun nest), and hopefully I'll have a full design soon.

The one on the right is a VERY crude concept (basically traced and changed the Brawl concept) may look a lot like a certain name confused Decepticon, but don't be deceived; it's actually his 'older brother' (an earlier version of the mold) Armorhide. He never was a gladiator (instead he was part of the Elite Guard before the war broke out), but he's always been more fond of melee combat then his younger brother. He also has a bit more brains, but not much, hence why he's "just" a Combaticon soldier. He transformers into a Challenger tank. :) 

As for Brawl being a Combaticon or a Decepticon: Not sure. He'll get 'resurrected' eventually and become a part of the Combaticons again, but I'm not sure whether he was a Combaticon that the Decepticons hired, or that he got drafted into Combaticons in return for his repairs. His endurance, incredible firepower and brute strength would be enough to make him a Core member, though.

17. Cuillere

Cuillere French Fries

News Credits:
    Cool boyz. Specially like the combiner. Are you planned to drawn a character like Superion or Bruticus ?

The only thing i can say is your are not drawing many pieces of vehicle on swindle and rollbar. Or they are too hidden. But they look like protoform.
    I know decepticons are spiky character but it's my only critique for the moment :D 

18. Autobot-Girl

Autobot-Girl is possibly insane

0_O ....Epic.... 'nuff said

19. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Update time!

[​IMG]

Meet Blight and Stormcloud. The former is the team's communications expert and Onslaught's personal assistant, who helps him in relaying his orders to the others when Onslaught is out of range of their comm devices (Blight has a significantly better 'radio' then the others). He's an excellent anti-air combatant but weak in direct combat (though he has blades on his arms to bash/cut any melee warriors away from him), so he's always accompanied by at least two other Combaticons. After all, it would be a downer for Onslaught if such an important Combaticon went down after all.

Stormcloud, on the other hand, is nothing more but the muscle of the Combaticon's air force. In the air he flies by slowly and bombards the enemy, and when he transforms he continues that onslaught with his gattling-gun-for-a-left-hand, but also uses his armblade and claws to inflict major melee damage.

Blight is based on the Energon figure of the same name and Stormcloud is obviously based on the Universe version, inspired by Alex Milne's "moviefied toy" technique which he showed in Reign of Starscream. :) 

Oh, and sorry that the drawings are a different color then a background. For some reason, my scanner refuses to scan my drawings in their actual color. :/

20. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    I like the upper right head concept. It has a stormtrooperish feel to it..