Minor/Repaint: Movie Accurate Optimus from Nightwatch

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by ghostyurei, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Waveride

Waveride Creative Team

News Credits:
    Good job but that Leader Prime toy just plain sucks. I can't stand the sight of that junk, no wonder everyone is trying hardest to fix that figurine by customizing it.

2. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Wow, I have to say that I respectfully, 110% disagree with that statement as I love this mold. Granted it's not "screen accurate", but it's still a cool, fun toy. Just my :2c:  for what it's worth.

3. OptimusPrimal13

OptimusPrimal13 Dutch Radicon

Very nice touch, dude. The eye-brow/eye-lashes are very subtile. How did you do that?

4. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    Looks great, excellent paintjob, and nice work on the head. One of the best Movie Prime repaints, imo.

If you apply the same skills to the new Leader Prime toy, you'll have a figure that's even closer to accurate, of course :) 

5. Waveride

Waveride Creative Team

News Credits:
    The main thing i don't like about it is how bloated he looks. The ROTF Leader Prime on the other hand look epic, ages ahead of this "fat" toy. :D 

6. mampy

mampy Movie-Accurate Mampy

News Credits:
    paint job looks factory, only much better.

great job! :) 

7. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree with WR, though don't think this mold sucks - just wasn't suited to my tastes...
    I did hate the bulk, but it was the weight (already had anniversary OP on the entertainment center...) & size AND KIBBLE of this mold that killed it for me...

Granted, the voyage mold has it's faults (cough -backpack-) & have spent months just designing ways as to how to fix it. I bought it, b/c i liked it's size & the leg xformation was brilliant... (aside from the funky outer calf panel...)

Like I said, it's one of my many incomplete projects (maybe I'll send the info to Deathwind & let him actualize it...)

8. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Yeah, I can definitely see that. For me, it'll be like comparing apples and oranges. I was disappointed that the leader Prime wasn't "screen accurate", but then again, most of the toys weren't anyways *shrugs*. Were they cool toys? Yeah! Did they evoke enough things from their theatrical counterparts? Yeah! Could we have gotten better? Yeah, I think so. Do I hope we get better? I think that goes without saying.

I'll be a very happy camper if some of these new toys outshine their first movie counterparts. I'll be even more excited to see a lot of you guys make some really kickin' customs of 'em! :) 

In terms of "Fattimus Primes", I doubt any Prime toy will ever top Energon Prime. He is the biggest loser of the Primes.

Yeah, I can't really disagree with ya much here either. I've owned few toys that are without any kind of flaw or problems though. Generally speaking, I think Hasbro did a great job with the last batch of toys. I hope we get some even cooler toys though.

No matter what, Radicons continue to amaze me with the ability to totally transform mediocre or even cool toys into toys that just rock the house. I'll take that to the bank any day of the week. :thumb