Movie 2 and 3 VS TF Animated Movie to DVD

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by hockeygamer40, May 1, 2008.

1. hockeygamer40

hockeygamer40 Autobot Hockey Player 40

News Credits:
    I think I'd rather run out and buy the planned direct to DVD TF Animated Movie tossed about at BotCon rather than run out to see Michael Bay's poor excuse for family values in movies 2 and 3 based on what he did in Transformers 1.

Love Movie 1's characters and scenes except when Bay goes overboard with the crude language (we're not necessarily talking about cussing here!), masturbation jokes, and generally unfamily friend humor and conversations.

If we can get a different director for 2 and 3, I'll be psyched. Otherwise, I can't wait for the direct to DVD movie for TF Animated.

Your thoughts?

2. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    ...ok?

3. O_Prime05

O_Prime05 Katsohiten Prime

Idk what to say, the masturbation joke was pretty funny. And for ppl our age it's appropriate. I'm rather hopeful for the next two. I never go into a movie thinking negatively because then I'll find every little thing wrong with it. Gotta go in thinking this thing will be the greatest movie ever made. It's makes movie a lot more fun.

4. SunDown

SunDown Fatty McFatFat

I agree with everyone else here so far. Im not sure what the OP is talking about here? I found the things he has mentioned funny. And no where do I recall reading that TFTM was a family flick...i.e rated G.
    This stuff was written and filmed for us to watch, and by us I mean adults that grew up watching the cartoons and playing with the figures. If you want family friendly, might I sugest you stick with Alvin and the Chipmunks?! In the mean time, go BAY go! lets turn the heat up in number 2 and 3.

5. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    I'm thrilled to watch the sequel! Never, EVER another movie will hype me as much as the TF movies have done.

6. ganymede2010

ganymede2010 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You should be happy we got Michael Bay to do this movie. He's not James Cameron but he's the best action director hands down. Imagine if we got Stephen Sommers, and that piece of shit GI JOE cast, and the redundant Black outfits. Things could of been of alot worst, Imagine if we got the hack that did Ghostrider, Daredevil & Elektra. Mark Steven Johnson!!!

7. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

So... family values is the issue here? Well obviously since the movie was rated PG-13, it should be expected it'd have some crude language and be more graphic. If you're looking for something more appropriate for all ages though, then yeah, the cartoon would be more suitable for that.

Personally, I loved the first movie. I can't wait for the sequels.

8. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

OOOH their's going to be an Animated movie on dvd! I'm there!
    Yea I'm not a huge Bay fan. If Paramount had a real director shooting the movie it probably would have been a really good movie.
    But oh well. We have it, and I guess we have to put up with it, I guess.

9. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

I don't think Bay made the film specifically for us older TF fans, but... I think we were long overdue for a live-action treatment of TFs anyways, and I really liked what Bay did in the 1st, so... YEEEAAAHH, bring it on with 2 and 3, Bay!

10. Star Cracker

Star Cracker Well-Known Member

Of course Bay made it for the older fans. Why else would our beloved transformers look like giant scrap-heaps with minimal screentime and dialog? BECAUSE they've always been giant scrap-heaps with minimal screentime and dialog.

Sorry, he made it for the lowest common denominator. Nothing more, nothing less. Regardless of what anyone else says, the point was to make money, (which it did) not to be a good movie outside of the money making factor.

11. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Um, What Straight to DVD animated movie? Please enlighten those who weren't at Botcon.

12. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Agreed transformers 1 was diffently my most antispated film ever(indy 4 and ironman come close)

13. angeltread

angeltread TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    i think i'd rather gouge out my eyes than buy animated anything. i can't wait for the next movie; or more specifically, the toys.

14. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But let's just say you gouged your eyes out because you HAD to buy the Animated DVD... how would you watch the second movie?

15. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

Hey, I got a better idea! Why don't they just erase everything Transformers completely & ONLY make Animated! That's right! Erase G1 through the 2007 movie. How would that be? I bet 99.9% of the fandom would just love that! Burn everything non-Animated, cancel the new live action movies & we can all just sit around & worship Animated!!!! After all, everything else sucks! All the threads on here are constantly saying how how everything but Animated sucks. So why not just erase it all! Transformers IS Animated!!! There's nothing else! :rolleyes2 

We need a couple hundred more "Everything sucks, Animated is God threads"!

YES! Now here is a guy with some taste!!!

16. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

Even though I'm posting in it, this thread sucks.

17. angeltread

angeltread TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    thank God i don't. and if you put a gun to my head, i'd say pull the trigger. j/k i don't have a problem with the tune per se, i just don't like anything about the toys at all.

perhaps, but i'm not going to go on and on raging against it, though. i believe hasbro when they say it's for younger children as 1. it SHOULD be for children 2. it's clearly evident in the toys and i'm fine with that. but i am a little disturbed at the possibility of it continuing on perpetually "as long as it does well" apparently. but hey, nothing wrong with saving money.

18. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    You need some blood pressure medication.

19. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So anyone going to give some scoop on that Animated straight to DVD movie? Pretty Pleeeasssse?

20. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    As of right now, there is no straight to DVD movie planned for Animated. I remember reading about this in all the Botcon news. Basically it was said that if ratings were good enough, and they continued the series on past the first 2 seasons, that they might then concider making one, but right now, it's not confirmed that they'll be making a 3rd season, just that they want to.

Wow....we all know you absolutely hate Animated, but there's really no reason to get that upset about people liking it. We're all aloud to have our own opinions, and post them on here, but there's a difference between voicing your opinion and rubbing it in the face of people who like something you don't. Also, nobody's forcing you to read threads about Animated, yet you still go into many of them even though you obviousley detest the show. I'm not trying to change your opinion, or stop you from voicing it, nor am I trying to argue. Just really curious as to why you feel you need to voice your opinion in such an angry way.