Movie 1 Voyager Optimus legs issue

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by bellpeppers, Jun 1, 2014.

1. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Started digging out some Optimii to sell, I got out my old Movie 1 Voyager Optimus. Not entirely sure I want to let him go. There is a lot of charm to this figure- either because of, or despite of his enormous backpack.

He is somewhat loose and floppy, particular the legs assembly. The knees are nice and stiff but-

just below the legs where the assembly creates the lower leg, and is supposed to hinge ove and *snap* in to place. I don't think mine ever held well.

Have there ever been improvements on that assembly? Has anyone ever came up with a fix for that? Something that snaps better or holds stronger?

ANY info would be greatly appreciated.

2. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

I dug out my old Robo Vision version recently and the leg gimmick works fine. Was this a problem with this mold and I just got lucky or did you just get a defective one? I agree about this figure having charm. All these years after having Battle Blades Optimus I can say that I actually prefer the Robo Vision Optimus. He may look less screen accurate but I just find him more fun to Transform.

3. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I dunno. Maybe it was just an issue with mine.