Move to a new studio ? Yes or No ?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by sevenlima, Apr 2, 2018.

?

Hasbro in a new studio

Poll closed Nov 2, 2018.
  1. Yes

38 vote(s)
    79.2%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    20.8%
  1. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Uh... Did you stop to think of stuff like...

The 2007 Ghost Rider movie with Nicholas Cage?

The 2003 movie with Ben Affleck?

The two F4 movies with Chris Evans and crew?

I'm talking about Marvel movies that have failed in the past and how Iron Man was a risk in order to right the ship. And I don't think I'm far off with the comparison which regardless of what continuity they are following, they are both setting up.

2. 12485horto

12485horto Well-Known Member

I doubt Disney is going to take the Transformers into the Company i was thinking maybe at Universal Studios.

3. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    I say Marvel is the most logical choice, given their integral role in making Transformers a thing in the first place. Plus with the resounding successes of Disney's recent movies (Star Wars 7 and Infinity War taking #2 and #1 highest grossing films of all time, respectively) I'm confident Marvel can make a Transformers story that nicely balances plot with action.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  4. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    You mean Disney, because Marvel had nothing to do with Star Wars TFA. Or the critical disaster that was TLJ, since I think TLJ would actually be a good film if Marvel had been involved.

5. Blam320

News Credits:
    I realize now I mistyped with Marvel vs Lucasfilm regarding the Star Wars movies. Regardless, Disney's done a great job of keeping both relevant and popular.

And TLJ was far from a disaster. While they definitely played the "flip everything on it's head" card a little too soon for people to get behind easily, it's not a failure of a movie. I highly recommend you don't derail this thread by introducing the argument over it's merits.

6. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    What, murdering off a bunch of popular characters in cheap ways for shock value?

Hmm, remind me what AoE does again to most of the Autobots from the previous film.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Blam320

News Credits:
    They're hardly the first to have done that. Rewatch Transformers: The Movie, then come back.

And don't even compare to Age of Extinction. Michael Bay's first three movies already butchered the Transformers as viable characters. The fourth was just more of the same, if not worse.

Not to mention Harrison Ford wanted Han Solo to die for shock value. And given Force Ghosts are a thing this isn't the last we've seen of Luke.

8. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Yeah and TFTM is largely considered to have been a massive box office bomb BECAUSE of it. Certainly not something that should have been repeated for the exact same reasons.

You seem really defensive about Star Wars all of a sudden, since you didn't want to get into a discussion about its merits, yet here you are trying to argue why killing off popular characters is okay for SW and was just par for the course with Bayfomers 4. It would be best not to continue this conversation in this thread, suffice to say, nor do I have interest in taking it to PMs, so let's drop the matter.

9. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Maybe take the property back to DreamWorks?