Move to a new studio ? Yes or No ?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by sevenlima, Apr 2, 2018.

?

Hasbro in a new studio

Poll closed Nov 2, 2018.
  1. Yes

38 vote(s)
    79.2%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    20.8%
  1. sevenlima

sevenlima Well-Known Member

Should Hasbro move to a new studio ?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Yes

• Like Like x 6
  3. IdiotBlaster

IdiotBlaster Banned

Paramount has the ability to make great movies, but I'd like to see a new team give it a try.

• Like Like x 2
  4. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    I don't know, studios aren't exactly a great brand name these days.

Disney is famous for its fantasies and fairytales and of course being an animation pioneer, Columbia did some great films once (key word being once - they had Lawrence of Arabia and Bridge on the River Kwai), 20th Century Fox and Warner Bros are okay.

But if I had to pick a different studio, Universal is known for collaborating with Spielberg (The Flintstones, Casper, Jurassic Park, ET, Back to the Future), so I honestly think they may be a good candidate.

5. Jochimus

Jochimus Sandwiches? Blimey, whatever did I give the wife?

Yeah, outside of Disney, I think between The Fast & The Furious and Jurassic Park/World - not to mention their animated properties like Despicable Me and How To Train Your Dragon - Universal also seems to have a better handle on film franchises than most other studios.

At the very least they do seem capable of actually learning from their mistakes. We haven't had a Jaws sequel in over three decades (though unfortunately Syfy has filled that breach with shark fare far stupider than almost anything in Jaws: The Revenge); and with the Dark Universe dead on arrival and somebody else finally having gotten around to that Creature From The Black Lagoon remake they should've grunted-&-squeezed-out to begin with instead of yet another mummy or vampire or werewolf flick, we probably don't have to worry about any more of their ceaseless efforts to revive their classic monster franchises for at least a little while.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  6. tokuformers

tokuformers Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yes.
    but with CBS acquiring Viacom, does it get better or worse ?

7. Blackout32

Blackout32 PANTERA FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Moving to a new studio could be great so id say yeah.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Paramount has really been dropping the ball over the past several years. They gave us all the horrible rotten stuff with their live action GI Joe movie and then instead of hey let's reboot it was oh hey we can slash the budget, soft reboot, and somehow make it better. Live action Ninja Turtles was driven into the ground in just two films. A big anniversary for Star Trek and Paramount couldn't turn that into a success. Ghost in the Shell has people wondering if the Hollywood live action versions of anime is going to be just like the video game movie curse. The bright spots have been few and far between.

I know Paramount wants to turn things around but I'm not sure if the studio has any movie making mojo left. They really need something to restore some faith that hey they can do enjoyable big films again. Sadly it's a lot of stink left before we see the movies made under the new leadership. It's likely going to be after the Bumblebee movie before they really throw the other Transformers movies under the bus but I kind of feel like they need to throw a lot of things under the bus in some vow to never do such crappy things again.

Not sure which studio would be the best fit for Hasbro but at least a change in studios would be a real change and not cross your fingers Paramount can change at last.

• Like Like x 3
  9. tokuformers

tokuformers Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    but with CBS acquiring Viacom, does it get better or worse ?

10. Ash from Carolina

That's a touch call because other than being a bigger company CBS hasn't really said much about their plans for Paramount.

11. TFfanatic88

TFfanatic88 Banned

Yes, because fuck Paramount. They are the EA of the movie industry and they deserve to go broke.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  12. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    I'd absolutely love the irony of moving to Marvel Studios, even though it's really stupid and should never happen.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Robin Grantham

Robin Grantham New Member

I think YES

• Like Like x 1
  14. NemesisPrime12

NemesisPrime12 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To where tho..?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ash from Carolina

That's always the tricky question since no studio is going to be 100% perfect for Hasbro.

Sony has struggled with catching up on this whole a bunch of movies connected together aspect so they needed Marvel/Disney to help them out with Spider Man. Not sure if Sony is really the sort of studio that can pull off the dream of big shared Hasbro universe that the toy company is dreaming of. I'm sure Sony wouldn't mind some more established franchises under it's belt but I think we'd all have to fear it would be like the attempt to jump start Ghostbusters into an endless series of films. I think we'd have to wonder if Sony would get what makes the various Hasbro properties tick. But we also have to factor in Sony can pull out a hit people never expected like Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle making over $400 million domestically.

Universal might be a good fit because Universal has shown they can do big over the top crazy sort of action films. But Universal also showed that maybe they don't really know how to do the shared universe thing because after other failed attempts to relaunch their movie monsters they really killed the whole Dark Universe right out the gate with the Mummy. Also do we really want the chance of too much yellow if they decided they needed to mix Minions and Bumblebee?

Warner Brothers, oh poor Warner Brothers. They had the easiest of shared universes to do and somehow they managed to screw the thing up. The DC superheroes and villains have been doing team ups in the comic books for decades. They even had all those cartoons of DC characters interacting with each to prime people for the idea that these characters all exist in a shared world. And yet with all their money, resources, and talent they can't manage to do what a cartoon could do in the 70's. If they can't get Batman and Superman in the same movie to be the biggest thing ever then what can they do right. On the plus side they did pull off the Harry Potter films so if you wanted a studio that understands you have to change around directors to keep a franchise going then Warner Brothers might not be a horrible choice.

Disney, but do we really want Disney owning everything? It also seems like Disney wouldn't touch GI Joe so Hasbro could be stuck in a bad spot of Disney only wanting to push certain Hasbro brands instead of everything Hasbro would want to push. For fans of edgy and hyper violence that would be out the window because Disney has their family friendly image to uphold. But on the other hand you have to give it to Disney that they actually understand what it takes to make a huge interconnected movie universe work. Can't say it would totally hurt my feelings if Disney made Optimus Prime more like Captain America instead of the Paramount Optimus Prime all over the personality map.

So yea it depends on what you want to trade off. But Paramount at this point might be the biggest gamble of them all. They can't seem to get a hit over several years so they lost their movie making mojo. It's not clear at this point if new leadership can really turn things around or if Paramount will continue to struggle as a studio until they lack the money to make something as huge as Transformers movies. Does it hurt the Hasbro brands if the Paramount ship sinks?

• Like Like x 5
  16. NemesisPrime12

NemesisPrime12 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Based on your explanation, I think the most fit are either Universal and...sigh, Disney. I can't trust Sony, because while I like the new Jumanji and the movie is a success, their films are always too mediocre for me. Warner Bros, I think they now are very corporate. All they think is about money (based on they don't want to delay JL so they could have their bonuses).
    I picked Universal because although they messed up their dark universe, I'm sure they've learned and they would try and make the other cinematic universe better than dark universe. Besides, it's Hasbro. GI Joe and Transformers are far more relevant than their monsters. And Disney, for obvious reasons. They could do everything right now. Besides, it would be fun for me to see how they would make Transformers, a brand that critics hate, becomes one of their beloved franchise (almost all critics always instantly fall in love with everything Disney do).

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ash from Carolina

I lean towards Universal myself just because it they could handle Jurassic World then I'd love to see their take on Dinobots.

• Like Like x 1
  18. HawaiianBro808

HawaiianBro808 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thats disney so no -_-

19. HawaiianBro808

HawaiianBro808 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Universal Studios? I would like to see a Crossover with Pacific Rim :D 

20. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Breaking news... A Quiet Place just opened with a $45 million debut against a $17 million budget. Looks like the studio finally found something profitable for themselves.

‘A Quiet Place’ Wins Box Office With $45 Million

I guess only time will tell if Mission Impossible can carry them. As well as Transformers.

• Like Like x 1