MOTU Origins Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Pharoid, Feb 21, 2020.

1. No Name

No Name Well-Known Member

Arguably, it looks more risque after the blur as the blur looks like the back of someone's head, with their arm and elbow that gray part to the left.

• Like Like x 2
  2. JT-bob

JT-bob Autobum

Ebay:
    Mattel has shipped Camo Khan, not bad. It's so weird though, they ship it from Pennsylvania despite having a warehouse here in SoCal only 40 miles from their HQ.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Blingotron

Blingotron Too Poor For Floor Polish

Bah, I still haven't gotten any notice that mine is ready to ship.

4. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got a notice from FedEx. You really should sign up for their "advances shipment tracking" seeing as Mattel lets us just be surprised.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Have they released Grizzlor in Origins yet?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Blingotron

Blingotron Too Poor For Floor Polish

I did that a while back but still no notice. I usually get my MC stuff a little later than most people for some reason.

7. Jedi Kermit

Jedi Kermit I try to save a life a day, usually it's my own...

News Credits:
    Yes, and it was a mattelcreations.com exclusive. The sale windows were a few months ago. Sorry.

• Like Like x 1
  8. The Kup

The Kup Heavy Metal

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Couldn't resist a second chance at getting Scare Glow. Almost got Orko, but eh, if I see him again I pick him up

20221207_164529.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  9. Slender102

Slender102 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I see it now. The Transformers box on top threw me. I got to grab that set sometime soon. I was half expecting it to show up at Big Lots. I do prefer smaller Zoar but I did grow up with the big ass version here. Just can’t stand that mustard yellow they used on everything.

I got the notice on the app but not from them as usual. I got the reverse of that, I got something from Hasbro which I think is Star Saber coming from a town 15 mins from me as opposed to opposite coasts.

501B24E5-0827-4FC5-9FDC-CBD7679D55A6.jpeg

Speaking of Big Lots saw these 2 today. BOGO 50% off through 12/9.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Very upset that neither Target near me had the display with the “reissues”. I need Trap Jaw, Orko, and Scare Glow… sigh

• Like Like x 1
  11. Skreeonk

Skreeonk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm curious what their criteria is for these displays, my Target last week had a ton of those red end caps out for various Christmas items, but none with MOTU. I asked someone who seemed to know what they were talking about, and they said they didn't know if they would even get them or not. I wonder if it's tied to whether they already have a surplus of Origins or not, as my store has a huge selection of Nude Stratos.

(Regarding Nude Stratos: look, I'm not a huge MOTU fan, just easing into it, but does anyone really want this? Even before I got into it, that fleshy chest hair is just kind of unsettling. No offense to anyone who loves it, just had to get that off my chest. My flesh-colored, furry chest.)

12. DKCA

DKCA Well-Known Member

Here, they appeared a couple weeks before Thanksgiving, and by Black Friday, all the "reissue" toys had been sold with the display gone. We still have a full Sorceress/Stratos/Buzz-Off/Jitsu wave, as well as a couple 200X restocked He-Men and Skeletors only. The Orko/Scare Glow/Trap Jaw restocks came and went quickly. But it was nice seeing them on display since my local Wal-Mart never carried them originally.

• Like Like x 1
  13. JT-bob

JT-bob Autobum

Ebay:
    Check out this awesome error of reissue Trap Jaw that I found at Target today, I've put it with my other reissue from last week.

20221207_175900.jpg Different front, same back!
    20221207_175922.jpg
    And a close-up 20221207_175905.jpg

• Like Like x 12
  14. JT-bob

JT-bob Autobum

Ebay:
    Mattel HQ Holiday Tent Sale had no new MOTU Origins, although the main store had Flying Fists He-Man for $8 which I don't know that I mentioned previously. They did however have the Netflix He-Man cartoon's vehicles for $6 each, I bought a Skeletor & motorcycle and donated it to CHiPs for Kids (the tent has Toys for Tots bins but I like CHiPs for Kids as they keep it local). I also got a 200x He-Man to donate. Oh, and everything in the tent is 10% off of those prices still, their black friday deal just kept going and going. If you decide to grab one of those Netflix vehicles there, watch the register for the wrong price, they're ringing up at $9 but the shelf tag has $5.99, they will correct that or if you paid already they will refund your credit card the difference (they don't take cash since COVID).

Keep checking, I spotted Orko and Trap Jaw again today, they will keep getting out there. And not every store that gets the reissues gets the kicker, I'll explain below...

I've been seeing the blue MOTU 40th sidekicker (a display, in this case cardboard, attached to the side of an endcap) pop up at more and more Target stores, but some of them are empty and have old figures on them, while other stores are getting the figures and no sidekicker, like the Trap Jaw I just posted.

I am curious if they're going to reuse the sidekicker for the wave 3 reissues that are already in their system, or make new sidekickers with those characters on it instead since the current one has wave 2 alone.

• Like Like x 4
  15. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

I had several figures arrive today from BBTS: Snake Armor He-Man, Cobra Khan, Whiplash, Rattlor, King Randor, and the Teela/Zoar 2 pack. It felt like Christmas opening up that many MOTU figures in one day. The only figure I felt was lackluster was Teela, but there was no way this one was going to replace the 1st release. I bought the set for the Zoar. I am really impressed with how tight all the joints on all the figures are.

I know to some MOTU collectors, what I'm about to say is blasphemy, but I don't care - Origins has far surpassed Classics as my favorite MOTU toy line.

• Like Like x 10
  16. Smitty.1981

News Credits:
    It helps that the made the knees and elbows faux ratchets.
    Screenshot_20221207_204148.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  17. Jedi Kermit

Jedi Kermit I try to save a life a day, usually it's my own...

News Credits:
  18. RyanCharlie

RyanCharlie Banned

Nah you're right. Classics is cool and awesome but not playable without fear of breakage. Origins looks awesome and is extremely playable.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Smitty.1981

News Credits:
    Indeed. There is a niche group of collectors for stuff like this.

20. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 XYxInfinity

News Credits:
    What in Eternia are you looking at? o_O  Get your mind out of the Bottomless Abyss!:lolol