MOTU Origins Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Pharoid, Feb 21, 2020.

1. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    I’ll buy almost all of those, but I can’t say I find these waves very interesting, they just seem a bit too unvaried

2. Skreeonk

Skreeonk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man, I would like to get Camo Khan just because he looks cool, but I don't think I want to deal with exclusives race. I'm trying to ease into MOTU here and there, and that's not how I want to start off (heck, I haven't even got a single one yet, hoping to get that Scareglow reissue, but my Target doesn't have them yet).

Robot! That's one of the ones I wanting, but didn't want to pay the late fee. This makes me happy. But what does it mean in MOTU vernacular that it's a redeco? New colors?

Oh wow, I was doing a deep dive into the toys last night, and was reading up on this guy, & said "he's a white ninja, based on concept art of an unreleased character, & he has a fantastic name; I would totally buy him". Guess that is going to be tested next year!

I have vague memories of this guy, he was one of my brothers' toys, but by the time I got him he was covered in dust and lint due to his flocking. He always kind of weirded me out because I didn't want to touch him. Guess I need to get him too!

Last edited: Nov 29, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Slender102

Slender102 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have no self control when it comes to MOTU. None. I’m down for everything on that list.

Some guesses on some of these.

Roboto redeco could be the orange mini comic version. He could also be a 200X version since that seems to be where it might be going.

Slamurai…awesome!!! I’m hoping for all the 88 Lost Wave part swap characters. Obviously a Ninjor repaint. Big question is how will they cheap out? He’s pictured with bare arms and legs. We’ve seen what they’ve done with the mini comic characters. Side note Axel pretty recently posted his box art with him fighting the Snake Troopers. I didn’t read that much into it. He also recently posted a pic of Tug O War AKA The Warrior in Yellow during the tug of war contest for us guys who go way back.

Randor was listed as 200X version on Amazon Mexico.

Snake Face could go either was as a deluxe. He could have his action feature or just swap out parts.

The Infiltration Guard could be the Snake head from the old Classics set on the Palace Guard body or could be a whole new snake head. If he’s packed the same way he could have an alt head of a different race or species as a guard. Maybe a new weapon or 2.

We’ve seen Snake Teela on box art.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Moorking

Moorking Member of the Chug Dynasty

5. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That Sorceress in the last frame of the comic is the Sorceress I need…

6. Blingotron

Blingotron Too Poor For Floor Polish

Walmart charges you once when you first pre-order something then it falls off within a week and it stays off until it's ready to ship. Target, on the other hand, is the one that does that shit of constantly re-charging you over and over until it ships.

7. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cool, thanks for letting me know. Looks like it'll be here tomorrow...

Screenshot_20221129_152835~2.jpg

Maybe?

• Like Like x 2
  8. Blingotron

Yeah i'm waiting on them too. Mine also says Nov. 30th but they would've had to have shipped by now to get here by tomorrow. Hopefully they'll be here in the next week.

9. Smitty.1981

News Credits:
    There are a handful of shipping options that can get stuff delivered in a day and Walmart has the supply system in place to ship from local distortion centers. It's just a question of them properly using that system.

10. PurpleStuf

PurpleStuf Pastor of Muppets

News Credits:
    Probably the comic colors, similar to the second versions of Stratos and Trap Jaw.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Smitty.1981

News Credits:
    Damn it, never mind!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Skreeonk

Skreeonk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    page026_full~2.jpg
    That would be cool, I dig the orange and purple hand.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  13. Jedi Kermit

Jedi Kermit I try to save a life a day, usually it's my own...

News Credits:
    I just got an email from Walmart about my Road Ripper/Mekaneck preorder. Was slated for Dec. 1st. Now due 02/15/2023.
    :thumbdown 

14. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's fairly likely based on past figures that Roboto and Randor are mostly just new color schemes with a chance at some new parts.

It's fairly likely that Roboto is the mini-comics version with red limbs. There aren't a lot of wildly different Robotos in MOTU lore and the biggest changes in 200x and Revelation were the boots. (Contrast with Stratos, who has 4-5 more established variants Mattel could do. Heck, there's another 3-4 Mechaneks possible.)

The person who posted this list elsewhere speculated that Roboto was a minicomic version and Randor was 200x but I think all his retailer friend got was a list of names and those have rarely specified the source for a variant in the retail listing. I think Lords of Power variants were the only ones to get a different name on retailer lists.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Smitty.1981

News Credits:
    So Cosmic Skeletor, Thunder Punch He-Man, King Hiss and Mekaneck all pushed back to 15 February.

• Like Like x 1
  16. RodimusRex

News Credits:
    I don't know that Mattel will cheap out with Slamurai.

In Classics, they just gave him He-Man limbs. Which they could do again.

But we have bare arms and legs from the WWE figures and they've reused those in Origins a time or two. Still sour that LoP He-Man didn't get a bare left arm like the actual vintage toy prototype and the early minicomics. The sculpt exists.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Blingotron

As much as I want them now i'm actually okay with the wait. I've been nonstop slammed by pre-orders coming in way too early and i've barely been able to keep up. Paying off Eternia and Mondo Battle Cat at the same time has been a major strain lol.

Wait, who is Cosmic Skeletor? Did I miss a PO for something or am I having a senior moment?

• Like Like x 2
  18. RodimusRex

News Credits:
    Weird. My Road Ripper got pushed back to February 15 but my King Hiss from Walmart is still showing December 1st.

My GameStop preorders (Masterverse Stratos and Roboto, Origins Kobra Khan) are showing November 30, still.

It's a little frustrating lately. I got slammed with preorders by Hasbro. The last straw was the Ghostbusters Neutrona Wand, arriving tomorrow. So I went ahead and punched all of the 6+ month preorders into my budget and I'm basically broke when it comes to fun money, especially with Eternia payments and after a couple of Black Friday/Cyber-Monday splurges. Camo Khan with tax and shipping will probably wipe me out until late next week. So I'm not eating out or anything. I might get Starbucks with banked free rewards.

I'm seriously looking at a payment plan for Super7 Thundercats Jaga. No interest if paid by the end of January and I really need two weeks before the first payment. I've got several hundred coming in to replenish my toy fund on top of paying stuff off but it'll take 3-4 weeks before I have it all and I'm close to my credit card limit until the Christmas bonus comes in and I can pay that off. Plus Christmas shopping. It's going to be a tight 2-3 weeks. The good news is with so much stuff shipping early that I no longer plan on using my tax refund for anything specific and will probably use a couple hundred of that to get a table on wheels for Eternia and still have hundreds freed up for new stuff.

But all the stuff getting pushed back? I bought that stuff with gift cards. So that does nothing for my budget. At best, maybe I'll find it at retail and I can cancel my preorder and use the gift card in stores.

If I could choose what comes in 6 months early and what gets pushed back, the gift card purchases would come in early and the stuff I preordered will get pushed back.

19. Smitty.1981

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Beetle

Beetle MACH Daddy

News Credits:
    Khan webpage says 11/30/23.

Typo, hopefully.

• Like Like x 1