MOTU Origins Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Pharoid, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Hurts feelings being honest.

News Credits:
    Scareglow. Or, rather, the fancy version of Scareglow.

As for Lyn, BBTS probably worked out a deal to buy up whatever Mattel would sell them. And I doubt Mattel cares as it now puts the burden of selling that much of the excess upon BBTS.

2. soundwavempl

soundwavempl Toy Addict TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    FYI, Walmart has some good sale prices on MOTWWEU figures:

20240408WMSale.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  3. Fridaytron

Fridaytron Pirate cat connoisseur

Twitter:
    I grabbed a Ricky the dragon steamboat last week from this for parts. My Clawful finally has pants! PXL_20240405_203448526.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  4. Blingotron

Blingotron Too Poor For Floor Polish

I ordered a couple Macho Mans on Friday and the shipping company screwed up the shipment and I still don't have them. They were supposed to be here Sunday. I hate Lasership.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Blingotron

Blingotron Too Poor For Floor Polish

• Like Like x 3
  6. Fridaytron

Twitter:
    The CGI Castle Grayskull is on sale over at BBTS today. If anyone's interested in seeing how it looks with origins style figures here it is infested with wrestlers and turtles.

PXL_20240408_184234716~2.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  7. Cyberrabbits

Cyberrabbits Well-Known Member

Any chance ToG Krang will come to an online retail instead of being an exclusive at WalMart?

8. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

It’s literally already appearing in some Walmarts now.

Could it somehow be overstocked enough to show up in BBTS a year or two from now? Sure, but don’t hold your breath. It’s a chance but not a good one.

• Like Like x 4
  9. AnimalGrandpa

AnimalGrandpa Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any recommendations for FX accessory packs that look good with Origins figures?

Scenery too, if anyone has anything they like!

• Like Like x 2
  10. KitchenerLeslie

KitchenerLeslie Well-Known Member

It's the same for me. I just checked the two Targets in my area and there's not even a peg for TOG, just one for Deluxe Mouse-Jaw. I wonder why TOG never went up for sale on the Target app? Even though it's Mattel, I really thought because it's TMNT, the line would get better distribution.

11. JT-bob

JT-bob Autobum

Ebay:
    nice, these are even lower than before. I can personally attest to Piper and Kane, both are super fun, Kane can fit in a Motu display without alteration, and Hot Roddy is my favorite mattel head for him of any scale.

I also have that Macho Man and Stephanie, they're ok if you need filler or just like the wrestlers (sure, let's call her that) but I won't go out on a limb for either figure. It is nice to have a macho man, ooh yeah, but the figure itself is just ok.

I gotta admit, I'm quite tempted on Ricky the Dragon, he seems like a fun entry in the line. Nearly bought him last week when I needed some cart filler to get free shipping.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

It’s not a MOTU thing. Target is averse to smaller toy price points being readily available online, preferring you go hunting in-store instead, but larger items that are easier to ship, more expensive, or have less assortment will be restocked or easy to order. The quantity online for those items will tend to be insanely limited or never stock. It’s incredibly inconsistent. Shelfwarmers or overstock can pop up though, like the first Origins He-Man and Skeletor since they shipped individually to Target.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Fridaytron

Twitter:
    Some targets do have it though. I've seen every figure in wave 1 at mine except for Donnie, and they've restocked at least once because Leo wasn't there the first time. So it looks like it's targets usual feast or famine approach to stocking shelves.

I ordered 3 more Kanes. Between Wardak this morning and this Mouse Jaw I just did I'm going to need more of him. The red and black body is just so versatile. Also it was only $13 for the 3. PXL_20240408_204643822~2.jpg

I got a Stephanie and just put the skull mask on her and stuck her with the horde. They don't have any female members in origins and she looks like she belongs as a Teela/Evil Lyn counterpart.

Ricky is great just for all the stuff he comes with. Scaled pants, alternate colored mer man armor, and a lil dragon! Plus his skin tone matched stone child Steve Austin pretty well so he finally got a real arm instead of being a trap jaw.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2024
    • Like Like x 4
  14. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

To chime in on local stock, mine had a healthy two to four Mouse-Jaw, a peg of the dreaded wave seven, and these ToG figures:

IMG_5303.jpeg

One Donny and THREE Man-At-Arms. Duncan is once again ready to hold down the fort.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lady Slipstream

Lady Slipstream Hi.

News Credits:
    I would totally love to see Mekaneck redone like that. The neck being an attachment and not an action feature was the main reason why I skipped the Road Ripper. I know it's cheaper to do than engineering an Origins chest with an extending neck, but that doesn't change the fact that it was a dissapointing release for those who wanted to see him with a gimmick.

I really wish that Ram Man was done as a gimmickless figure, especially since the action feature leaves Rammy with much less articulation than the rest, while Mekaneck could have taken his spot as a deluxe and still retained articulation and some modularity. I've heard that many prefered the way that Origins Mekaneck was done because of how the vintage one operated, but as I said once Origins tends to reinvent many of the gimmicks instead of making them 1:1 to how their original figures worked.
    I feel that Mekaneck could have worked with a simple pop-out feature like Extendar, but the "Creature With the Quick-Strike head" needed his spring loaded action feature, as the neck extension on him is more meant to be an attack rather than a simple extending neck.

• Like Like x 4
  16. JT-bob

JT-bob Autobum

Ebay:
    Good call with keeping that mask on and throwing her in with the Horde, I need to try that.

Dang, how dare you tempt me on the Steamboat :D 

• Like Like x 1
  17. Duke spino

Duke spino Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Agreed. I enjoy the horde trooper in part because of the gimmick. Had it been a normal figure, I suspect my enjoyment would be less so

• Like Like x 1
  18. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Shut up he's awesome! 1000002366.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  19. NeoBazooka

NeoBazooka Active Member

They're even cheaper now. I've been watching and this is the third drop (small increments of course) but I'm interested in seeing what the bottom price will be. I'm definitely picking some up for potential customs.

• Like Like x 2
  20. VorZorV

VorZorV Nostalgia High Achieved

Are we talking weapons? Because I know of the Legends of Dragonore Dragon Hunt Weapons Pack is coming soon. Should fit MOTU Origins figs.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5