MOTU Origins Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Pharoid, Feb 21, 2020.

1. fanbase0000

fanbase0000 Well-Known Member

If you want an Origins Trapjaw, you might as well get one now. There have been no rumors/speculation that an Origins Trapjaw will be re-released any time soon. Plus, Mattel already re-released wave 2 with Trapjaw, Orko, Man-E-Faces, and Scareglow at end of 2022. Plus, Mattel just re-released Motu Origins mini comic Trapjaw last month, as well as Mousejaw and cartoon collection Trapjaw this month.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jedi Kermit

Jedi Kermit I try to save a life a day, usually it's my own...

News Credits:
    Your order # is your most powerful tool.

3. Jedi Kermit

Jedi Kermit I try to save a life a day, usually it's my own...

News Credits:
    Lucky dog!

4. maggot

maggot Well-Known Member

Lol, this is exactly the advice that I followed! Took a screenshot AND scribbled down the order number on a piece of scrap paper... Redundant, I know... However, I did check my email and I did finally get a confirmation message... Approximately 9 hours and 8 minutes after I placed the order, lol. I wonder if this means that I'll be one of the last to get mine shipped out?... As long as I get him, I can wait...

• Like Like x 2
  5. Shuppetwithagun

Shuppetwithagun Well-Known Member

Anybody got an extra Metalboto arm? Mine broke and I need to find a replacement.

6. aussiedzfan

aussiedzfan Well-Known Member

Turns out that even though we here in Australia were able to order MOTU Rokkon we still can't order anything else on MC. Weirdo :eek: 

• Like Like x 1
  7. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    An online mart run by some guy has CC Merman, CC Stratos and FF TRI-KLOPS!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Smitty.1981

News Credits:
    Oh yeah he's a big boy...
    Screenshot_20240221_225627_YouTube.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  9. Fridaytron

Fridaytron Pirate cat connoisseur

Twitter:
    Man, I think that Mer-Man is just fugly.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Smitty.1981

News Credits:
    I think he's fine. He looks like the cartoon and that's what they were going for. I got Stratos.

• Like Like x 2
  11. shapercreator14

shapercreator14 Vae Victus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I’m in the same boat. Albeit, I was never into the Filmation cartoon beyond memes, being a late-in-life MOTU fan. Glad that the people who did grow up with the cartoon are getting some accurate representation, but I’ll just stick with my retro sci-fi fantasy.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Fridaytron

Fridaytron Pirate cat connoisseur

Twitter:
    I watched the cartoon as kid, but I was young enough that I only remember that I watched it, not anything about it. The toys are much more vivid in my mind. So the cartoon collection doesn't do much for me since the origins figures we already have are generally my minds eye version of the characters.

It's great for everyone who wants the characters as they showed up in the toon though. I'm glad they're all getting their versions too. MotU is lucky to be a versatile enough toy line to be able to support multiple versions of the characters.

• Like Like x 3
  13. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    See, my Filmation attachment being meme based is basically what keeps my collection of cartoon figures in check.

I need an Evil-Lyn, Orko, Triklops, and Battlecat and I'm basically done with the cartoon. Throw in maybe Adam, Cringer, Randor, and the Chef and that includes the most memeable characters. Maybe Marlena. Maybe She-Ra.

But, for me, the toys are something where I want everything from the vintage line. Including planned releases.

With Filmation, I'm pretty content to have the characters who are "basic ingredients" for a typical episode.

For me, a complete Filmation set is:

He-Man
    Man-at-Arms
    Orko
    Sorceress
    Teela
    Battlecat
    Adam
    Cringer
    Randor
    Marlena

Skeletor
    Evil-Lyn
    Beastman
    Trapjaw
    Triklops
    Merman

I mean, that's essentially everything you need for the basics, anyway. I might be up for customizing a WWE Mr. T into Filmation style if we get Garn, who I think was the only black character in Filmation. Just because I think having Mr. T as a Filmation guest star is funny. And the wackier stuff like Plundor may get me.

My Filmation characters are definitely getting their own shelf space, mainly to pose out fun little scenes. I have zero desire to own 80 of these guys.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Smitty.1981

News Credits:
    I'm only interested in the CC for the mini comics.

• Like Like x 1
  15. shapercreator14

shapercreator14 Vae Victus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I have literally never watched any of the Filmation cartoon… i have tried several times, but its tackiness overwhelmed me every time. Which I love that it makes for some spectacular memes.

I did have a thrift store found Rubber Head Skeletor when I was 3 or so… I chewed his head off…

I watched a little bit of 200x as it premiered while I was a preteen but nothing fully interested me, I did have the Toyfare Magazine issue that had the visual guide to all the 200x toys, but nothing stuck with me other than the designs.

But I got into MOTU in my mid twenties after some work friends and I started referencing the memes to pass the time on overnight tech support… peeling off at 1am to grab lunch blaring the he-man “What’s Going On?” From the car stereo… to the point I even played that version at my wedding reception on the dance floor.

While the memes were funny I thought my friends would get a huge kick out of me buying a Classics Skeletor for my desk, that we could shout “Myeh!” out at in jest… and then I stumbled upon the Classics Alcala head, and I was immediately hooked on all the interesting original lore that came with the original concepts that MOTU spawned from.

I was always attracted to old 70’s era Sci Fi and Fantasy pop art, Bernie Wrightson was a big influence in my art and my tastes, as well as Frazetta. So seeing Mark Taylor’s designs that were inspired by Frazetta, I fell in love… and that, kids, was How I Met Your MOTU.

I can always respect a collector with priorities.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2024
    • Like Like x 6
  16. JJJ

JJJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Possibly because the item did not require delivery right now, but in three months instead. Whch just makes it (the supposed restriction) stranger than it already was.

Yeah, I could live with Tytus and Megator built like that.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Leighton

Leighton Well-Known Member

Its great to see these Cartoon Collection reveals. Mer-man looks spectacular. Ive always loved Mer-man filmation look, because hes so distinct to the figure and the cross sell art. I dont need this subline to go too deep, but I love what they have done so far. Stratos is less exciting to me, but he is important as an O8 figure.
    Looks like this event in March may bring some more reveals..... I cant wait. I'm hoping the Vintage line gets plenty of attention.

Mer-Man MOTU Origins Cartoon Collection Official Images (toyhabits.com)

18. Leighton

Its great that they are sending them already. With the May scheduled date, I was worried how they would get many more Mattel Creations out this year. But if the turnaround can be fast, maybe they can increase the output.

19. stephen

stephen Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Can some one post a pic of Beast Mans Samurai armor with MOTWWEU Mr. T torso armor and King Randors boots on a random figure? I do not have TOG Beast Man yet to try this out,

20. Leighton

Its cool that you could get them. We are lucky here too in the UK and we are on the approved list too. I feel really bad for people in other countries who can now no longer order them. What a pain.

• Like Like x 1