MOTU Origins Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Pharoid, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Pharoid

Pharoid Time Traveling Robot

News Credits:
    Guess these aren’t available online on the 1st.

• Like Like x 1
  2. rodimusconvoy

rodimusconvoy Well-Known Member

These are exclusive to who, Walmart or Target?

3. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Wal-Mart. Until next year and then they are going to be available everywhere.

4. Pharoid

News Credits:
    Walmart eBay for triple the price till next year.... Mattel announced these would be available August 1st, nothing online, drove to 2 Walmarts nothing in stock. This is what happens when you’re dealing with two of the worst companies in America. And Classics fans were lamenting Super7 making these toys instead of Mattel. This is what you get with Mattel bottom of the fucking barrel.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Geezertron

Geezertron Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Everything is showing in stock at my local store, but nothing is out. The site did let me order Beast Man, Tesla, and Evil-Lyn for free pickup though. Then Walmart immediately cancelled my order; no email, no explanation, no nothing. An well.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, I'd say the same about Playmates but at least they seem to be smart enough to let a third party handle the collector market since they're incapable. Still, what do you expect from Mattel if it isn't Barbie?

• Like Like x 1
  7. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I checked a couple local stores with stock today...no dice...they are waiting for reset to put them out, I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Pharoid

News Credits:
    I dunno. It’s just depressing they revealed this line over a year ago. They completely botched the launch and gave exclusive rights to Walmart.... I think I am falling back from collecting these “retail” lines. It got a little distracted from my robot collecting given the shipping issues out of Japan but I think it’s time to refocus my energies for a bit this is wildly ungratifying... trying to chase down exclusives at shitholes.

• Like Like x 4
  9. rodimusconvoy

Is there anything MOTU related that Mattel actually DONT botch? 200x, Classics, Origins, I even think they did it at some degree with the original line. No surprise here.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    Yeah, im pretty annoyed that I only have Skeletor.

I need He-Man. I really need that Trap-Jaw. I'm willing to pay you money, Mattel. Imagine that.

I'll get up early tomorrow, for WM reset day, before I join the chorus.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Slender102

Slender102 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Someone did scan Man At Arms barcode at Target and this came up

D2D4CBE9-3CFB-45CF-9C09-C1F0298ECCD6.jpeg

Cheaper than Walmart too!! Then they’ll be held back a street date of 3/14 when Target and Mattel says coming 1/1/21 to Targets everywhere!!

The dept manager of toys let me in on a secret about order picks when I had several cancellations on in stock items. They can’t find them or won’t look. Due to space restrictions most new toys are thrown on random pallets and wrapped up and put in the top of steel racks. Due to their staffing, they aren’t docking employees on absences, he doesn’t know when they’ll get the dept restocked. Usually a night team does the remodel and day team comes in and puts the toys out but it could be weeks before it happens. They only focus on stocking food, pharmacy and back to school. This company wide mandate. I keep running into a Hot Wheel Collector at my local one and he says these bins with exclusive cars are still up in the warehouse steel and he’s been waiting 2 1/2 months for them to get put out.

Running this morning it’s been blank faces everywhere I go. They had no idea there was supposed to be a launch, I’m crazy for running around in a world pandemic looking for toys, or they think I’m asking about the AEW wrestling figures which are supposed to be out on 8/3. Don’t get me started on round 2 of Target and Cobra Island.

• Like Like x 4
  12. mark4flair

mark4flair Well-Known Member

I'm a glutton for punishment. After striking out with the Target classified Joes today, I thought I would add insult to injury and see if I could hunt down these as well.

Wouldn't ya know it, brickseek shows them in stock, but at my closest store, nada.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Pharoid

News Credits:
    I decided today I am not revisiting Origins until next year so that pricing is great. I am allergic to Walmart and there is no way I am paying a premium for trash figures. I’ll wait till they’re everywhere.

Did the same thing and had some kid at Target tell me that every Target has different sell dates and they aren’t putting there’s out till September and I should try the Target website instead, but they have them.....And I decided fuck GI Joe too, I’ll revisit it at some point in the future. I can’t stand bullshit, once this line is fully launched all this shit will be easy to get and I am not having cheap-ass Hasbro and Target jerk my chain, there is a lot high-quality stuff I can waste my money on. The Cobra Trooper has a fucking Storm Shadow head anyway. Cheap motherfuckers.

• Like Like x 3
  14. rodimusconvoy

You are right in all your statements. Im not paying more than 20 for any of those figures period. And much less If I already have their superior Classics/Filmation counterparts.

• Like Like x 4
  15. B'Bantor

B'Bantor Extra like OMG

Wow, Skeletor looks great!
    mego-thing-action-figure-condition_1_4aec7ead98d0bfceb636eb422bd99582.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  16. CheggyChonkers

CheggyChonkers Heroic Master of Buying Toys

YouTube (Legacy):
    Hopefully I don't make anybody even more angry at Walmart and Mattel, but I really need to gush about the Sky Sled. If the whole line is gonna be like this, then count me in!
    20200801_150547.jpg

The box art is just awesome to look at.
    20200801_150611.jpg
    20200801_150634.jpg
    20200801_150707.jpg
    The little made-up characters on the box are a cool touch as well.
    20200801_150716.jpg

Adam is pretty sweet and I'm glad he came in the set, it really helps to sell the $30 price tag.
    20200801_151131.jpg
    Posing is pretty good but nothing mind blowing. It's basically if the vintage figures had more articulation. He's really solid too, which'll be great for kids.

The main attraction for me though is the Sled itself and boy, does it deliver!
    20200801_150734.jpg
    20200801_150748.jpg
    There's a ton of sculpted detail, pretty much every part of the vehicle is covered.
    20200801_151209.jpg

Everybody knows about this already, but seriously, major props to Mattel for including swappable parts to make an Evil Warriors Sled.
    20200801_151326.jpg

The blast effect and especially the flight stand are really smart inclusions as well.
    20200801_151957.jpg

So yeah, this set is a banger! $30 is beyond reasonable, it makes you wonder why Battle Cat is $25. The whole line is the perfect mix of pleasing collectors and kids, and I hope Walmart and/or Mattel get their act together quick and get more stock on shelves.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 7
  17. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I actually happened upon one of those a few days ago. Definitely solid and a good value, especially considering how most other things seem to be getting more and more expensive. And yeah, it does make one wonder why Battle Cat is only a few $ cheaper...desirabilty, I guess? Either way, enjoy the win!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    My guess is that more articulation thus more engineering had to go into Battle Cat. Though I've seen reports that Battle Cat's articulation is hindered by the sculpt apparently.

• Like Like x 3
  19. rodimusconvoy

Its a shame this line is going to be scalper's heaven....just offered 35 usd for a Battle Cat to a seller in ebay as a best offer and they guy declined...wonder how much is he specting to let it go. But yeah, right now is a pain to get it if you are not around a walmart with availability unless you are willing to let your $$$ go.

Lets play the waiting game.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

oh man, that may break me. It looks like it has clips to attach to a battle ram as well. I want one! I’m not going out of my way though. Hopefully I can order easily online sometime.

• Like Like x 2