MOTU Classics

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Reeds, Feb 20, 2009.

1. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Still waiting for BBTS to get my 12" Giant He-Man in. Then to get Zodac.

2. Pharoid

Pharoid Time Traveling Robot

News Credits:
    Grayskull Wave 3 and Ultimates are shipping. Get some updates with pictures up here West Coast Kids.

• Like Like x 1
  3. 80sboy4

80sboy4 Well-Known Member

I got my shipping notification for the Ultimates as well, should be here on Tuesday!

• Like Like x 2
  4. PwrdOff

PwrdOff Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    The Mondo turtles come to closest to matching that aesthetic, but of course they're in 1/6th scale and not terribly well-articulated.

5. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Guys, I’m confused what is the line-up for Ultimares and Grayskull wave 3? I just ordered blind! X)

*found the line-up! Wow! The turn around is faster?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

CRAP. I sure hope BBTS doesn't charge me until after the 26th, I don't get my deposit until then.

7. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm in the same boat cause i have some classic figures on pre-order from bbts. I got in on the bbts motu classics figures. So I'm hoping it's after March 1st before they come in.

8. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

I've ordered the He-Man & Skeletor Ultimates and if I like them enough, I was debating on buying just a set of 3 Filmation characters representing each of the most important cartoon characters from each faction. To that end I'm thinking of the following groupings and was curious what folks thought:

He-Man, Man-At-Arms, Teela (or the Sorceress?)
    Skeletor, Beastman, Evil Lyn
    She-ra, Bow, Glimmer
    Hordak, Shadow Weaver, Mantenna (or a Horde Trooper?)

I wouldn't go further than 3 each for space and budget considerations.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Pharoid

Pharoid Time Traveling Robot

News Credits:
    If you can stop there I’m impressed.

10. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

Hahaha! I might be too. Maybe I should stop at He-Man and Skeletor. :p 

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  11. offrampclimber

offrampclimber Tree Fiddy

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I think those are decent choices for the MOTU cartoon, but She-Ra's would be harder to decide; Glimmer, or Angella? Mantenna, Catra, Grizzlor or Leech?

Also, not sure if they'll ever do any Great Rebellion figures. I think I remember hearing back at the beginning that Super7 weren't going to be able to do any Princess of Power figures outside of She-Ra. I'm guessing since the Horde figures showed up in the MOTU toy line, they're fair game, but the POP figures are off limits because they didn't secure the rights.

12. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

There is one flaw in your assumption. Shadow Weaver never had a toy in any line and only existed on She-Ra Princess of Power from Filmation... and she's slated for the next wave of classics. If they can make Shadow Weaver I fail to see why any other POP characters wouldn't be allowed... hell Dylamaug is a POP character too from the old Classics release last year. I wouldn't be surprised if the POP characters as seen on Filmation are fair game.

13. alty66

alty66 Well-Known Member

I said the same thing a couple months ago..............but

I now have Man at Arms, Teela, Orko(not Club Grayskull, but close enough for now), Sorceress, Man E Faces, Evil Lyn, Mer Man, and Beast Man. He Man, Skeletor, and She Ra coming soon, with Adam and Stratos from the next wave. I still at least need Tri Klops, and hold onto my wallet, Trap Jaw.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    For He-Man, I’d argue you’d need Battle Cat more than Teela. Personally I’m thinking of getting the characters we see in the intro - Adam, He-Man, Cringer, Battlecat, Man At Arms, Orko and the Sorceress. As for the villains, I’m heavily debating whether to go past Skeletor.

Man I thought I misread the shipping date estimate when I ordered but wow, nice to see the Ultimates shipping, hope S7 managed to put in some of the fan suggestions like the wrist being able to raise up, but with such a quick turn around time, I worry they didn’t.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  15. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Yeah, I would choose Battle Cat over Teela. A super bare bones collection would be He-man, Battle Cat, Skeletor and Panthor.

For me, the cast from the “Diamond Ray of Disappearance” (pilot episode) + the original Horde (4 members) + original Snakemen (3 members) is the bare minimum.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Star Saber

News Credits:
    Yeah Ive seen a number of people using the cast from the pilot as a bare minimum collection. Personally still not sure if I wanna go there as I’m really trying to manage my collections and I would argue that super bare bones would just be He-Man and Skeletor :) 

• Like Like x 2
  17. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    LOL! I know as some of my buddies just picked up Filmation He-man and Skeletor and call it quits.

18. offrampclimber

offrampclimber Tree Fiddy

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    It's vague, but the He-Man wiki states that Dylamug was an unproduced figure in the vintage line, so he's probably being used under rights from the original MOTU line.

Unfortunately, I can't find any links to backup my assumption that Super7 didn't get POP rights, but I can still speculate based on that poor recollection :D  I wonder if getting the rights to the new She-Ra Netflix cartoon opened up the possibility of them producing figures like Shadow Weaver in the Club Grayskull line...

19. Star Saber

News Credits:
    At this point in time I’m pretty much at that level! If I didn’t have Battlecat (and He-Man from the original Classics run) from that Matty sale a few years ago I’d really only have Ultimate Filmation He-Man and Skeletor

20. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got my Ultimate He-Man & Skeletor in today. I wish Super7 would do another run of the other Filmation characters now. Since I didn't have the main 2 guys, I wasn't going to get the others. Now that the main 2 are out, I want the others but not at the scalper prices they are at.

Rerelease Ultimate versions of Man-At_Arms, Teela, Beast Man & Evil Lyn & I'd be happy. Really happy if Trap Jaw got a rerelease. Or if not Ultimate Versions, then in 2 pack boxes. This preserves the original releases for those just into $$ value.

Filmation Battlecat please. I probably wouldn't get Panthor but release him as well since he's an easy repaint.

• Like Like x 2