MOTU Classics

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Reeds, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

I kept going back to look at the King Greyskull, and kept talking myself out of it. But I just decided to snag it, because I know I'm going to want to get Battle Lion, and I'll regret not having Greyskull later. Would anyone with the castle want the Orb? I'm not going to get the castle, and I'd be happy to help someone else complete theirs.

2. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Got around to opening Strong-Or and Plundor today. Is it just me, or is Strong-Or's head essentially a robotic version of Geldor's head? It's got the facial hair pattern, the mohawk, the clenched teeth, the scowly brows. Even his armor is vaguely similar. It's weird that the two came out so close to one another.

Anyhow, that's all. As you were. :p 

P.S. I also happened to get Classics Doubledealer yesterday, and he has the same kind of moustache as well! Strange coincidence of toy designs aligning this week for me.

3. Alucard88

Alucard88 Supernatural

Just received plundor and he is is definitely one of my favorites of this year. Who doesn't like a deranged, money hungry rabbit? I'll miss this line when it's finally over.

4. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He looks pretty cool. I'll probably pick one up at some point.

5. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

:::disclaimer this is just a joke for those that make take it seriously:::

I think this is the first sale that has lasted nearly five days without a single item going to "almost gone" or "sold out." I'm surprised that ole' Scott isn't threatening no line in 2015 because of it.

I know. Saw him in the background for the Fwoosh Two-Bad first look, and I thought he was a Geldor custom at first. Cool figure, but the similarities are eerily creepy.

6. SmokePants

SmokePants Well-Known Member

So, I bought a weapons rack on Monday and got a shipping confirmation late that evening. But when I go to track it, it's still stuck at "Electronic shipping info received". Isn't that the step where they purchase the label, but they haven't actually sent anything out? Well, it's been stuck on the step for almost 72 hours now and was wondering if anyone else has an issue, especially if you ordered the weapons rack.

7. smkspy

Don't worry about it is all I can say. DR is notorious for not updating tracking.

8. Batman

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Castle Grayskull shipped!!!!!:rock 

Also Ram Man will be available January 15th for purchase.

9. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    Sometimes when I see updates to their tracking info, it comes in bunches, not every step when it happens. Like I might check the shipping every day, but the last update is it's in Sparks, NV for the past 3 days. Then the 4th day the data's update and shows it had been to Indiana, Ohio and Texas during those days that it wasn't getting updated.

Could just be an issue with their data/system not updating in a timely manner.

10. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I imagine that's only if it doesn't sell out during Early Access, which is highly likely.

11. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Guys I finally received CG today and I agree the size of the box and the castle! After checking the castle and the extras, I had to keep it back due to the lack of space! :) 

12. Batman

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Assuming they don't cancel most of the EA orders and yet still sell him on the Website like they did with King Grayskull this week :lol  Crazy Digital River.

13. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Strong-Or does nothing for me. Not a bad character or figure, I'm just not into him. If anyone wants him, he's available for sale.

Standor is cool. He looks kind of "evil" with the pale blue skin and dark armor, but the head sculpt helps change that. He's quirky, but I love this figure a ton. And yes, I am a big Stan Lee fan, so that helps too. :lolol 

Plundor is everything I was hoping for! At long last! The famous evil polluting purple bunny is in action figure form! And he looks niiiiiiice. :) 

Overall, a pretty good MOTU Month, including Castle Grayskull. $420+ on MOTUC alone, it had better be!

I try not to think about how much I've spent because I'm still looking for a full-time job. :/ I hope I get one soon.

Congrats!

They probably have like 20 in their warehouse of him. Here's hoping they have more like 20,000 because EVERY MOTU fan who wants a Ram-Man should have a freaking RAM-MAN!

14. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
  15. Batman

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That looks pretty amazing!

Has Mattel ever said whether or not they would make some of these guys? Seems like a no brainer to me.

16. Jotaro Kujo

Jotaro Kujo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ram Man? Who cares about that guy, it's all about DEKKER BABY!

And uh... I think they made a boo-boo. Says Two-Bad will be up on 1/15. If he is, I think there will be literal rioting at Mattel's offices.

17. smkspy

Mattel words something wrong, it's too shocking to believe.

And lol at not a single December even being close to "almost gone."

18. Jotaro Kujo

Jotaro Kujo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They've also let them stay up a lot longer than other releases. I think they're letting them go down in anticipation of just offering customer service stock one more time, later on, and Christmas money sales, that sort of thing.

19. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

I caved and got Standor. Damned line.

20. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I just opened that rabbit MOTUC figure and its OK but I am still hoping for a spirit hordak if they find more. I still have to open strong-or which I will do tommorow so that I have something to open for christmax day.