MOTU Classics

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Reeds, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I can do this all day! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I've got a sub so my getting him is a done deal, however, I think I'm going to have to attempt to pick up a second. One to display as Kronis and the other as Trap Jaw!

2. roykop

roykop Cassetticon

News Credits:
    Maybe I just never noticed it before, but I'm kind of surprised that they gave both of Trap-Jaw's arms a metallic blue paint scheme.... I can't say that I like the finished look against the darker blue torso that much. Don't get me wrong, I'm still excited for the figure, but it does seem to be an odd design choice to me.

EDIT: upon a second look, It seems the metallic parts of the arm are more like armor, and not mechanical in nature. His biceps and part of his forearms are still skin tone. The back of his hand seems to have an armor plate, but the palm and fingers are normal skin. Still gonna take some getting used to, but makes more sense to me now.

3. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just hit the MOTUC Jackpot, my local comic shop has almost everyone released there.....FOR $20 EACH! I didn't have enough cash on me at the time but I'm going back later to pick up the MISB Man-At-Arms(all the other figures were loose).

4. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    FfFfFFFffFF

I'd have bought them out at $20 a pop, haha

If they have Hordak I'm going to throw a rock at you. :( 

5. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Puts up Skyboom Shield (they also have a Scareglow:D )

Edit:Turns out that MAA was actually $44 so I passed. Didn't get anything as I couldn't decide between Scareglow & Webstor. Might get one of them next time I go there, any suggestions on which one?

6. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  7. TM2 D-bot

TM2 D-bot Forsight Into the Future Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  8. Luffy

Luffy Lazy Yamato fanboy

News Credits:
    Wow, its a wonder Dan does'nt suffor from MOUC overload with all those goodies pouring in. I wonder why they put "the orginal" on the package though. That might get a few MOC collectors upset.

9. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

Without watching the videos, I bet I can guess which adjectives he uses...

10. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol 

On the subject of Pixel Dan, does Mattel send him toys to review early or does he buy them from the stolen toy syndicate ?

11. Vangelus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As far as I've read, Mattel sends out the toys themselves.

12. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am assuming a lot of us got the recent matty email update showing off Battle Armor He-Man and Adora. I just wanted to point out the terrible photoshop work they did on Adora's right arm.

13. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Also, they used a photo of BA He-Man without any of the chestplates inserted. :rolleyes2 

14. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Watched Dan's review of Trap Jaw earlier, think this might just be my first purchase from Matty Collector (which also means I need the details on going about doing this, do I need to register, what time do they go on sale, especially worried about it selling out, all that stuffs). Also be my first purchase from the line, and really looking forwards to it, still a few other figures I want more, but this one definitely looks just awesome.

Being a kid of the 90's I grew up without MotU, but this line is really catching my interest. Guess that says something about it though eh?

15. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Figure(s) go on sale every 15th of the month, unless it falls on a weekend or holiday, then it is on the 16th. Time the online store "opens" is 9am Pacific, 12 noon Eastern. Best to get on the site early, be ready to endure the pain of the red screen of wait, and hope your order gets processed. Trap-Jaw is going to be pure hell to get, as he is one of the most popular henchmen of Skeletor for obvious reasons; he rocks.

16. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Thanks for the info.

And well fuck me, I likely will have work that morning so...odds are I'm gonna completely miss out. Of course.

Damn :[

17. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    The "the original" is put on there for MOC collectors. In the 1980s line He-man and Skeletor(plus Faker, maybe a couple others too?) had "reissues" after their initial run. The reissues's packaging had a "the original" thing on it, perhaps to differentiate HM & Skelly from the various variant/gimmick figures of them that were on the shelves at the same time.

So again, any reissues done for MOTUC will have "the original" on the packaging, it actually differentiates it from the first production run of any figure. Seems a little backwards to have "the original" on the "reissues", but it's just inspired by how they did it in the 80s.

18. Luffy

Luffy Lazy Yamato fanboy

News Credits:
    I know but this is the first production of Trap Jaw and thats why I said MOC collecters might be upset seeing as if they want to sell or trade the buyer will think its the reissue. Unless this was just a mistake that was on the samples sent out.

19. Vangelus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I read that apparently Mattel now creates the "The Original" version of packaging and stores it in the same filespace as the first-run version, and that on the Trap-Jaw samples the wrong one was used.

20. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Only a few hours folks.

I pre ordered BA He-man from BBTS. I have to work today so I doubt he will be on Matty tonight when I get home. Plus at least this way I will get him in 2 weeks instead of 5+ considering I still I have not received Randor or Skeletor yet.

I hope everyone can get the figures they want this time, though I can't see it being as crazy today as the last two times.