MOTU Classics

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Reeds, Feb 20, 2009.

1. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    Question is will we get to them or not? Didn't they say 2013 was going to be Filmation heavy?

2. Luffy

Luffy Slacker lvl X

News Credits:
    Matenna and Horde Trooper are the only ones I really consider to be heavy hitters. You also forgot Two-bad.

3. Triggerhappy

Triggerhappy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    dang I did forget Two-Bad! apologies. Maybe the rest are C-list. Also I've left any POP.

4. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    So looking at the updated release list here for the rest of this year...are we not getting anything in August aside from the 30th Sir Laser-Lot figure? I thought Frosta was pushed to September, but the Sanke Men 2-pack was in August?

5. Luffy

Luffy Slacker lvl X

News Credits:
    Don't feel bad. So did I til was replying to your post.

Attached Files:

6. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    King He-Man...eh?
    [​IMG]

Mosquitor:
    [​IMG]

7. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    I know I'm not really a market that Mattel cares about as select individual figures as they're released, but Ram Man was the one figure I've been waiting for and not am going to be forced into buying inflated prices via a third-party. That stinks.

8. Alucard88

Alucard88 Supernatural

Non-subscribers are still okay. What it says is that sub holders can buy non-subscription products before the non-sub holders. Ram Man is a sub product so here will not be available to purchase early for sub holders. Any figures outside of the sub are fair game though.

9. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Ram Man, Jitsu, and Talon Fighter homage? Well I'm happy!

10. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Rattlor - 4.5/5 - Amazing, definitely one of my favorites of the year. In fact, he is right there with Fisto for my favorite release of the year. I hope he includes his armor from the 2002 toon though.

Cy-Chop - Really people? REALLY? 2/5 - While better than SLL, I think Spector looks better than this guy.

Dekker - 4/5 - Really great figure, love that he comes with two different heads. I hope he has some good accessories though.

Filmation Randor - 2/5 - A waste of a variant slot. If anything, they chould have just painted his hair white and make it Miro. Very disappointing and a figure I did not need or ask for.

Castle Grayskullman - 3.5/5 - The design looks so much better with a bigger picture, but it looks more like a stoned Hulk Hogan than anything else to me. Still, he is definitely the second best 30th Anniversary figure and once again congrats to masque for winning.

Mosquitor - 4/5 - For all of the hype this dude has had, I was expecting more out of him. He looks cool, and it is nice to get another Horde member, but I just don't feel the same excitement as he did not live up to the teasers.

Procrustus - ?/5 - I cannot rate him right now because I do not know what this figure is. Is he going to be as lackluster as Tytus and Megator or is he going to be fully posseable like Granamyr?

Granamyr - 4/5 - Exceeds my expectations, but I just do not know if I can justify $80 for him. We'll see when it gets closer.

Man, what is up with the rest of the year though? It is going to be expensive, especially Dec with Granamyr. I hope I can sell off my second subs to help me afford Granamyr, because I decided to stop collecting a MOC/MIB set.

2013's line up:

Netossa - 3/5 - Looks kind of cool, I guess. What is up with her earrings though? They are huge and really detract from her design.

Ram Man - 5/5 - Exceed my expectations on all levels. If I get a sub next year, it will be just for him.

Jitsu - 3/5 - Doesn't look all that cool to me. He is supposed to be a samurai version of Fisto?

Fangman - 1/5 - Wow, what is that supposed to be? It looks just as lazy as SLL. Is he a follow of Draego-Man?

King He-Man - 5/5 - I have to say I really like this figure. It is different, and yet, it works. I love his cape as well. Not sure we really needed a map of Subeternia though, would have been better just doing Primus or Horde World, but whatever.

Fighting Foe Men - 2/5 - Another overpriced 3 pack I never asked for. Who the hell are these guys anyway? Why not Horde Troopers like we have been asking for the last two years? If it wasn't for Ram Man, these guys would kill my interest in the sub entirely.

Choice Figure - I'm voting for Illumina because she is the only one in there that is not a variant or a repaint. Oh, or plan dumb that that sonster dude.

I have no opinion on Strobo since I will never own one.

To be honest though, I was more wowed by next year's DCU sub than this sub.

11. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    No, subcribers can by NON-SUB items like what Granamyr and Wind Raider are/were.

Also, I think it is something subscribers should have been given 2 years ago.

12. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Buttstuff Werewolf

News Credits:
    Did anyone notice this? "We will still offer International Post as an option for international customers, but “lost” or “not received” shipments will not be replaced or refunded"

I know it won't affect many here but my options are pay twice the shipping of last year or possibly lose out on some items. And with Mattel bottom barrel shipping, I've lost items since the release of the Colour of Fear set.

13. shifty02

shifty02 This is the way

Well shit, the only figure I was excited about after just seeing the new releases is King He-Man & he's the subscription figure...which I refuse to get a subscription and be locked into buying a shit ton of figures that I don't care about or want.

14. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

News Credits:
    Are they even trying to sell the sub? You get two actual Masters of the Universe figs... (Jitsu and Ram Man), and the rest are just... meh. King He-Man is NOT a sub seller. Oh, and Castlegreyskull Man looks ridiculous.

15. shifty02

shifty02 This is the way

CastleGreyskull Man looks...well...interesting. I'm holding my judgement until I see better & clearer pictures.

16. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, looks like we were correct when the overall feel that the line was losing its momentum. I'm very happy to see Ram Man. He is the last of the 'must have' masters for me.

However, there's a certain sense of sadness but it seems that Mattel is either giving him to boost sagging sub sales or it's really marking the end of the line.

I hope the line can last another year or two so we can get at least Mantenna, Horde Troopers and Tongue Lashor.

17. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So, subscription holders have first pick of all non-subscription stuff, and whatever is left non-sub holders can fight for? That sucks. Talk about pressuring people to purchase subscriptions. Another "bully" tactic, Matty?

Pretty much.

Here's what we're getting for 2012 and 2013:

I'm not sure where Grayskullman fits in, but here's a pic that shows that he may have a 2nd head? Anyone know about this? Looks like a Man-E-Faces addition?

[​IMG]

September - Mekaneck (Subscription Figure)
    September - Dragon Blaster Skeletor (Variant Figure)
    September - Snake Men 2-Pack
    October - Frosta (Subscription Figure)
    October - Rattlor
    October - Great Rebellion Sticker Sheet
    October - Cy-Chop (30th Anniversary Figure)
    October - Great Unrest Weapons Pak
    November - Dekker (Subscription Figure)
    November - Eternos Palace King Randor (Variant Figure)
    December - Mosquitor (Subscription Figure)
    December - Procrustus (4-armed giant)
    December - Temple of Darkness Sorceress (Convention Variant/Variant)
    December - Granamyr (Beast Figure) $80

- 12 Monthly Figures ($25 w/Sub/$27 Day of Sale Prices)
    - 4 Quarterly Items ($25/$27, $30/$33, $50/$55, and $75/$81)
    - 1 Club Exclusive Figure with Mini Comic and Preternia Map.

-Club Sub does NOT include:

Convention Items
    Vehicles (IF ANY)
    Weapon Paks (IF ANY)
    Other Stand-alone items

January - Netossa (Subscription Figure)
    January - Ram Man (Over-sized figure) $30/$33
    February - Jitsu (Subscription Figure)
    March - Fang Man (Subscription Figure)
    Subscription Exclusive - King He-Man
    2nd Quarter - Fighting Foe Men 3 - Pack ($75/$81?)
    November - Fans Choice Winning Figure

18. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Wow, you're the first one I've read who doesn't like it. Most comment about the hair, but other than that, it's a great figure! In my opinion, the only figure so far that's worthy of the 30th Anny title. That and Photog, for obvious reasons.

19. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Ask the guy that created Grayskullman where he fits. He is a user on the .org forums named masque.

20. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    So people who buy a sub should not be given rewards for having it? THis is something that should have been done two years ago. If you are that worried, buy the freaking sub.