MOTU Classics

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Reeds, Feb 20, 2009.

1. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    First post on this thread, and strangely enough for what will likely be my last purchase in this line. FINALLY Bought the 2019 Power-Con set at BBTS.

Only other thing I really would want is a mini-comic Mer-Man. I see the Mer-Man that was packaged with Aquaman in the DC line being sold. How well does that match up?

Last edited: Nov 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Pharoid

Pharoid Time Traveling Robot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yup that is mini-comic Mer-Man. He is on my hit list too.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Pharoid

News Credits:
    CFFDFA98-9EC4-46C7-9F37-E6787713087C.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  4. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    Feels like we're just missing Shanna the She-Devil and the magnificent Zabu.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Pharoid

News Credits:
    I skipped that ML set years ago to my regret.

329F6B21-E979-4249-BF16-F7B3746D96E4.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  6. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    Me too. I want to see them updated in Marvel Legends, though curious on which versions they'd do.

• Like Like x 1
  7. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    I wish I had Classics Zodac, but here are my newest Mega Construx MOTU figures. Finally a Zodac figure :) 

IMG_20211111_190922.jpg IMG_20211111_192218.jpg IMG_20211111_192206.jpg IMG_20211028_191316.jpg

This is what I expected from the first Transformers Legends. That I could get a lot tiny figures of characters that I would otherwise not get
    Or in case of MOTUC, can't get.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    Got the Mini Castle Grayskull and Snake Mountain for my display :) 

BTW. Does anyone know, how MOTU Minis Orko would like like next to the Mega construx figures?
    IMG_20211114_120228.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. Unicron129

Unicron129 Well-Known Member

Maybe use the dollar store Orko? I just got the three hot wheels vehicles, Eternia Minis Castle Grayskull and Snake Mountain, and the Worlds smallest Skeletor, Heman, Battlecat, and Teela. Hope Worlds Smallest has future releases so it looks as filled out as your mega construx disply

11. AtomicLad

AtomicLad Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Letting a few Classics figs go, details in my sales thread. Link in my sig.

12. CheggyChonkers

CheggyChonkers Heroic Master of Buying Toys

YouTube (Old):
    I was lucky enough to win Skeletor in an eBay auction, and he showed up today! This thing is a piece of art, never thought I'd be able to own one.
    20211206_205534.jpg 20211206_210527.jpg 20211206_211307.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  13. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

So, I've been reading through the Toys of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe. It is a nice companion piece to the collection however there are some noticeable flaws.

• Princess of Power section has no Fun Factoids.
    • Fun Factoids on some pages just repeat the same data from the body of the text already written.
    • Printing Errors begin to crop up in the 200X toyline chapter with some figures accessory call-outs being re-printed from the opposite page meaning they are the wrong call-outs.
    • Classics section has a few of these accessory call-out problems as well, at least where He-Ro is concerned. Also, though I haven't finished reading the entire book there is a painfully incompetent mis-print. The He-Man from the Two-Pack with Superman has the complete body of text reprinted from the New Adventures He-Man on the opposite page, meaning the entry is discussing the completely wrong toy. This is the biggest problem with this book so far and a printing error that should have NOT happened. At least if the editing team and proofreaders were doing their job correctly.

Overall I find the book very well done and it's nice to see all of the figures in the line from the Vintage era to the Classics and Modern Super 7 Vintage figures in one convenient book without needing online connections.

Wouldn't mind seeing a volume two to cover the Origins, Masterverse and other new figures that have been released since. I also wouldn't say no to a free corrected copy without the printing errors if Dark Horse ever decided to do that, but chances are that won't happen. Especially since I ordered mine via BBTS.

It's making me really want to buy more Classics figures though, a shame BBTS can't miraculously find another warehouse stock to put up or something because E-Bay is not my go-to online shopping front for anything and I would prefer to crack these puppies open myself from MISB stock rather than previously opened and displayed figures.

Oh well. It is what it is.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Pharoid

News Credits:
    I think it’s a matter of time before a bunch of Classics figures hit the Masterverse line with pinless joints just be patient.

• Like Like x 1
  15. AximusPrime

AximusPrime Well-Known Member

YouTube (Old):
    Not that I wouldn't welcome that, but at this point I doubt Mattel would resurrect the Classics body style even in an upgraded form seeing how several Super7 lines rely on it. Personally, I rather they improve the Masterverse base body by fixing the arm straightening issue as well as fix the hips on He-Man and give them butterfly shoulder joints similar to what they are doing with the WWE Ultimate Edition figures.

16. Pharoid

News Credits:
    Mattel is sitting on existing toy designs, with an existing market. This is a straightforward business decision.

17. AximusPrime

AximusPrime Well-Known Member

YouTube (Old):
    It's a straightforward business decision to people like us, but people in a corporate setting think in a completely different mindset. Mattel could have easily re-released Classics on a traditional red, exploding rock blister card to the mass market and only have to do minimal investing since much of the tooling already existed. Hell, they re-used some of that same tooling for some of the DC Multiverse figures. But for whatever reason, they decided to invest in Origins and Masterverse. Mattel has been very weird with their handling of MOTU post 200X. I more than welcome a return to Classics or at the very least an update of that body style, but Mattel seems to only want to "move forward" when it comes to MOTU. Believe me, this is one scenario where I would be happy to be wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 I HAVE THE POWER!

News Credits:
    Find Pixel Dan on Twitter and let him know. He's really chill about people pointing out mistakes in his book and he's working with Dark Horse to get them fixed in reprints of the book.

Although your first bullet may be a case of not having any "fun factoids" for PoP.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    Pretty sure that was a rushed job, but not by Pixel Dan, but the guys doing the layout. Sounds like how I would do the pages and if you then forget to put in the real text into the duplicated parts... but weird that no one read it proof. Or they only got parts of the book so they couldn't figure it out. i.e. instead of one or more people reading everything, probably multiple people reading only select pages to get it proof read quicker.

As such I'm pretty sure Pixel Dan would be very happy to know that and have the chance to get it fixed. I would be pretty pissed if I get the chance to write a book and they don't do it right.

I just wonder: What do we customers do? Do we get replacements by Dark Horse?

20. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

I would, but I don't have a twitter account and I'm not sure if just leaving a random message on his youtube account would work.