Most Ineffectual Villain

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Single Elegant Machine, May 29, 2014.

?

Least effective major villain.

1. G1 Megatron (Sunbow)

18.4%
  2. G1 Megatron (Marvel)

4.9%
  3. Beast Era Megatron

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Unicron Trilogy Megatron/Galvatron

1.0%
  5. G1 Galvatron (Sunbow)

11.7%
  6. G1 Galvatron (Marvel--both versions)

1.0%
  7. IDW Megatron

1.0%
  8. Animated Megatron

2.9%
  9. Unicron Trilogy Unicron

1.9%
  10. Prime Megatron

8.7%
  11. Prime Unicron

2.9%
  12. Bayverse Megatron

33.0%
  13. Other (Japanese villains, etc)

12.6%
  1. MechanovaKing

MechanovaKing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You can't spell 'Unicron Trilogy' with out awful writing.

2. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

Marvel Megatron. I like how he tries to brag about being smarter than Optimus even though the good guys always outsmart him

3. unhappybludgeon

unhappybludgeon Decepticon

I don't even think this is a contest. RID Megs wins in a landslide, the only time it's ever happened.

4. AoE

AoE OUR WORLDS ARE IN DANGER

News Credits:
    Does Wasp count as a villain? Cause he's a punching bag.

5. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They are both kings of off-screen conquest. :) 

6. indianawalsh

indianawalsh Excessive RiD01 Fanboy

If not for the '86 movie, I'd say Sunbow Megatron never really accomplished much beyond a few minor, temporary victories, but in the '86 film he kills a good chunk of the main Autobot cast.

So I guess I'd say Movie Megatron. He was always my least favorite part of the movies; adequately threatening but boring in the first one (and only managing to kill Jazz and some humans) and playing Starscream in the second and third ones.

7. Single Elegant Machine

Single Elegant Machine Purity and order.

Except we know precisely how Beast Era Megatron achieved the subjugation of Cybertron--and he did it single-handedly.

8. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    I can only feel sorry for and disagree with those who feel Movie Megs was the most ineffectual villain on this poll.

9. Transmetal

Transmetal Well-Known Member

Movie Megs got SP to switch sides, how many other leaders pulled that off?

10. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Why? Can you go into detail?
    Movie Megatron has a terrible track record.

-He never conquered Cybertron
    -When he flew to Earth he crashed, took himself out of the war, and got captured by humans
    -Died in the first movie (by Sam)
    -Is only second in command of the Decepticons, next to The Fallen
    -Let Sentinel boss him around
    -Needed a pep talk from Carly
    -failed to shoot Optimus when he jumped Sentinel
    -And died 3 seconds into Optimus and Megatrons final battle.
    Worst. Megatron. Ever.

His only real victories were killing Optimus, and catching the Autobots with their pants down (Sentinels betrayal), and forcing them off world, and taking over Chicago. And none of those victories lasted very long.

11. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero

Ebay:
    RID Megatron.

12. Chopperface

News Credits:
    1. He indicates in DOTM he deeply regretted the death of Cybertron. It's been his goal all along, to restore his home. And he was masterminding several genius and tricky plots to make it happen all at once.
    2. He'd already been exhausted because he flew across galaxies/star systems/a long fucking distance in space under his own power chasing after the AllSpark. Then he couldn't save himself from freezing. And he wasn't captured. He was pretty much just transported. Capture usually means that he was hunted down and put up a fight before they got him. He was frozen. They just moved him to Hoover Dam.
    3. Having the equivalent of all of the world's electrical power violently shoved into your chest would kill you too.
    4. He was using The Fallen and sucking up to him so he could get Cybertron restored, enough Energon to last them, and to get the Matrix.
    5-8. He was suffering from very chronic and devastating injuries at Optimus' hand in ROTF, and wasn't in any real position to fight back unless it was by surprise. If he hadn't got the jump on Sentinel like he did, Sentinel would've killed him with ease. It's a pretty realistic take on big injuries like that for Transformers. It's why he stays on the sidelines for most of the movie.

This is a Megatron who's past his prime. He can't really fight anymore. This is the unique movie take on Megs. He's been humiliated and wounded. It's quite possible he's been denying his fall from power, hence why it takes Carly to goad him into reclaiming his glory. And he was suing for a temporary peace while they killed Sentinel. It's very clear he wasn't sincere about it to begin with, so he was going to kill Optimus. However, he believed that Optimus would spare him and let him leave to fight another day. "Who would you be without me, Prime?"

When Optimus simply snarls "Time to find out," he viciously kills Megs once and for all, with his own hands. It's clear Megs wasn't expecting it, since he actually stumbled in surprise while trying to shoot Optimus. The movie takes on Optimus and Megatron are of a pair of brothers who have been pushed to their absolute lowest point in the trilogy, and especially in DOTM. One of them has enough and decided to end the nightmarish cycle that's cost millions of lives.

This Megatron is incredibly intelligent and runs plots regarding the AllSpark, The Fallen, and Sentinel all at once, all designed so that he comes out on top, has Energon, and has his home restored and his part in it's destruction repented. It's a tragic take on the character. He's one of the most vicious incarnations, and we don't get too much screentime of him, and yes, he's not the main antagonist of the latter two films he's in, but Movie Megs is a developed, flawed and complex character. What's even better is that we see him devolve from an unstoppable monster into a calculating, albeit humbled warlord. I think he's an effective villain because he establishes himself as a menace physically, mentally, and emotionally, and has a character arc over the course of the three films that proves that he's ultimately a tragic villain, even if he's incredibly bloodthirsty and vicious at times.

That's just my two cents on him. There are FAR worse villains than him. Movie Megs is really one of the best Megs' we've ever gotten.

13. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Actually you just helped reenforce my points on why this Megatron is the worst.

14. Chopperface

News Credits:
    Just an FYI, you might wanna just replace all I wrote with a *snip* in your quoting me. Will save some space on the page so it's not two huge herds of paragraphs.

But because he's a tragic, flawed, brilliant and human Megatron?

15. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    You know, this is a franchise where good guys defeat bad guys on varying levels of frequency and hilarity, but always inevitably; not to mention the bad guys spend a lot of time squabbling with each other. So you might call all the villains ineffectual.

In any case, RID Megatron still takes the prize on this poll. However, PRIME Megatron may possibly be a close runner-up:
    - He spent much of the first season on life support
    - His body was invaded by Bumblebee and Unicron
    - He took over Bumblebee's body but didn't do too much there
    - He cut off his own hand for a Prime transplant, but went nowhere with that
    - He let Smokescreen escape after capturing him
    - He eliminated Shockwave's Predacon project because he found one of them too strong
    - He finally gave it all up (for now anyway)

16. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Y'all need to remember Bayverse Megatron learned how to speak english while FROZEN!! I don't know about anyone else, but that's pretty impressive man. To grasp an entirely new language IN YOUR SLEEP!! Gotta count for something.

No idea why I typed all that sounding like Kanye West talking. *shrugs*

17. Thyme

Thyme Disciple of Yun-Harla

No I have not ... hmm I will order them.
    Ty for info :) 

Uhm ... is that before or after Space Pirates?

18. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Since "other" was an option, I'm going with Sky-Bite

19. AgentAlabama113

AgentAlabama113 Wily Old Buzzard

Order Megatron around, destroy an aircraft carrier by falling on it, and lifting up some tanks with the force. Then he got his skidplate kicked by Prime. Yeah, The Fallen sucked.

20. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

SkyByte was not meant to be effective. He was suppose to be funny