Most forgettable characters?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Warpshard, Mar 19, 2021.

1. Revoticus

Revoticus Big Combaticon fan

That's fair enough.

2. henry water

henry water Member

For me, too, windcharger I don't know why, but I like unpopular characters more.

3. Honorbound

Honorbound Bayverse Optimus was in the right.

Ebay:
    That's the real catch with this thread: if you can remember a character, he isn't truly forgettable. It's the ones that you can't remember that are the most forgettable ones, and because of that they don't even get that dubious honor.

4. ScientistSkids

ScientistSkids Well-Known Member

Sizzle, Fizzle, and Backstreet, and their Decepticon counterparts, Cindersaur, Flamefeather, and Sparkstalker. Probably the weirdest thing is their one appearance in the American comic substituted Backstreet (who would appear again) for Guzzle - and Guzzle actually went on to be a character of some note. Not anyone else on that list. I have a feeling a lot of people forget the Sparkbots and Firecons even existed. What's even a bit odd to me is Backstreet, who would go on to have a few more appearances was never written in any way to match his bio - as someone who was very jumpy, and would sometimes hurt himself when shocked out of his transformation. I remember having these toys and liking them, but outside of Cindersaur being part of the Terrorcons in Power of the Primes, there hasn't been any attempt to resurrect these guys, reuse their names (Backstreet has to be no longer available to them), I don't even recall many cameos in IDW. Just completely forgotten guys from Marvel.

5. RKStrikerJK5

RKStrikerJK5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 4
  6. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde シン・ブリュンヒルド

News Credits:
    The idea of this thread is kind of amusing to me, surely if they were forgettable you wouldn't remember to post about them in the first place..?

7. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

Personally I find Skids pretty forgettable... except the Bayverse one but he's memorable in a bad way. Ironically I have Thrilling 30 Skids on my desk at home and I love that mold yet I still forget he exists.

Skid-Z and Tow-Line always surprise me when I see their names listed on the RID2001 cast. Some how I can never remember that they were in the series. Also literally any Spy Changer who isn't Mirage.

Any of the Mini-Cons from Armada.

The Energon Combiner Teams... like I remember their toys but I don't remember them ever actually appearing in the cartoon. I know all the Autobots were technically combiners, but I'm talking specifically about the three Scramble City style Combiner teams.

Like half the cast of Cybertron is totally forgettable. Few of the main characters actually left a lasting impression.

So many Animated Autobots... like if you weren't one of the main five or a member of the Elite Guard you're pretty much forgettable.

Prime Tailgate, Makeshift, Dark Steel, and Skylynx.

The vast majority of the RID2015 Decepticons.

Scorch, Mach, and Glow from Rescue Bots Academy... like I know they're Hot Shot's Cube friends but beyond that I can never remember a single thing about them. Every time they've appeared in the show I keep asking myself "Who's that" as if it's the first time I'm seeing them. It's a good thing they keep reminding the audience who they are cause otherwise if they didn't specifically mention Hot Shot's cube team every time they show up I wouldn't know who they were. That's literally the only thing I can remember about them. Their individual names mean nothing to me. Oh it's Scorch in this episode... who the F is Scorch? One of Hot Shot's Cube friends, OH now I know who that is.

Thunderhowl and Hammerbyte from Cyberverse are pretty forgettable... I love their designs but as actual characters in the show... They don't really DO anything.

Pretty much any Autobot from the live action films who isn't Optimus Prime or Bumblebee... Or Skids and Mudflap but again their memorable for all the wrong reasons.

As far as Decepticons go... Barricade, Blackout, The Fallen, Sentinel Prime (Who I'm counting as a Decepticon even though he's technically an Autobot), Lockdown, Shatter, and Dropkick are the most memorable characters... everyone else... were just kind of THERE... And it's a real shame that Megatron/Galvatron isn't really that memorable in the movies cause he doesn't actually do anything.

2007 Frozen for the majority of the movie.

RotF second fiddle to the Fallen.

DotM second fiddle to Sentinel Prime.

AoE overshadowed by Lockdown.

TLK overshadowed by and second fiddle to Quintessa.

Bumblebee not even in the movie at all!

The leader of the Decepticons should not be the most forgettable character in the live action films but he kind of is.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  8. CannonBlaster

CannonBlaster Well-Known Member

All of the G1 Aerialbots except for Silverbolt and the one who's a bit of a prick

• Like Like x 3
  9. Dark Starscream

Dark Starscream w/Powermaster Cobra Cmdr.

Rang? Ring? I can't really remember... ;) 

• Like Like x 6
  10. feenetron

feenetron Aurë Entuluva!

Twitter:
    Trailbreaker: guys, Am I exist?

11. Such Heroic Nonsense

Such Heroic Nonsense No!

With a big Cliffjumper sized exception to the rule, because he's also obvs a retool, minibot repaints of other minibots.

Like Brawnback, I mean Outback. o_O 

12. SuperSunnyDee

SuperSunnyDee Sense is like cheesecake.

Oddly enough, in this franchise you’re bound to be remembered precisely because you didn’t do anything memorable.

Most of the S1 cartoon 1984 cast. Poor Thundercracker, without your interesting bio write up you’re just the least cool looking Seeker to most people watching.

13. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Well-Known Member

I don't remember such characters. Oh yeah they are truly forgettable!

For a much more serious answer, some of the movie bots who were just there for a cameo appearance.

14. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Huffer: original G1 = 1984, Kingdom = 2021; yes, that's 37 years between toy releases that were an original design

• Like Like x 2
  15. BattleGurijiba

BattleGurijiba One Radical Dudicus

You don’t have a very good memeory

• Like Like x 1
  16. Transform4Christ

Transform4Christ Well-Known Member

G1 Buzzsaw.

17. saberconvoy

saberconvoy Drifting around

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Pretty must the majority of the car autobots in G1. Like I keep forgetting they exist.

18. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 What to type here?

News Credits:
    That one Micromaster dude... you know the one. He did that thing, with those guys, at that place? You know.

19. Zetca

Zetca Banned

Dropshot! Yes of course!

• Like Like x 1
  20. rexemuwu

rexemuwu the Golden Sorcerer

[​IMG]
    What's his name again?

• Like Like x 5