Most Disturbing Transformers Moment (G1,MTMTE-TFA)

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by AutobotAvalanche, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Vagabond

Vagabond Genericon

Mood

• Like Like x 1
  2. Amadeus Novilium

Amadeus Novilium Low Effort Responses, All The Corn Syrup

If you think about it, the actual premise of most TF stories is disturbing. Megatron, either tired of oppression or wishing to conquer goes out, and either kills or rallies. The shows make it seems smaller, IDW made the whole war bigger. What friends and "family" were torn apart by sides, what people were killed, and how devastating the war was. And then they leave where the war was (Bodies clogging the grinder) to go to US. The cycle of destruction continues. Bay made it clear, THEY DESTROY A LOT of things. In TLK a whole city is abandoned. Perhaps the most disturbing transformers moment is the actual transformers and their story.

• Like Like x 6
  3. Arkimus Prime

Arkimus Prime Hasta La Vista, Bay Bee

News Credits:
    That's their problem. If they wanna be weirdos, they can do that.

• Like Like x 2
  4. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    MOST of the stuff from Bayverse...

• Like Like x 2
  5. K2flygurl

K2flygurl Banned

Strange, tv trope list Rumble as a child. Albeit tv trope is probably not reliable.

6. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland Moderator

News Credits:
    Definitely not reliable.

• Like Like x 1
  7. K2flygurl

K2flygurl Banned

The whole scene would’ve been sadder if they show the Lithonian children crying for their parents. That would pull the heart strings even harder. They didn’t show the robotic kids dying, but you know that they had died.

OFT: Unlike some people, I never thought about the Lithones sexually reproducing. Okay I did, but was leaning more towards them being built and now completely on them being built. Then again I haven’t thought about them mating until I came across Tramp’s theories. The Lithonians armor plating don’t look removable and there’s no sign that they had parts, such as silt or hatch opening to give birth or to mate. I could be wrong, but it doesn’t look removable to me.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Buster D

Buster D Well-Known Member

The Japanese dub adds a lot of ambient screaming during this scene, including what sounds like women and children. Definitely ups the disturbing-ness.

The screams added to the shuttle scene, Starscream's death, and other scenes makes the JP version quite a bit more disturbing, actually. Also, the shuttle scene in Japanese also makes Starscream seem a bit more commanding/competent, as they gave him some lines taunting the Autobots and barking orders at the Decepticons. The barking orders doesn't really make sense as they dubbed it over the miscolored (Starscream-colored) seeker who's not holding Megatron, but it still sounds cool.

I'll always prefer the original voices, but the JP dub is quite a different experience, and has a lot of great seiyuu from 70's/80's anime.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Magnum Dongus

Magnum Dongus Stupid Idiot

As a kid, I had the Ultimate Guide and some of the covers of the UK issues that were shown kind of creeped me out.
    [​IMG]
    This one in particular. The "ARE ALL DEAD" cover also kinda creeped me out, because I hadn't read the story, so knowing nothing about it except for the title was unsettling.
    [​IMG]
    I guess that technically wasn't the title, but you know what I mean

• Like Like x 2
  10. Smokeyoreo18

Smokeyoreo18 Well-Known Member

YouTube:
    All the djd victims deaths were terrifying

• Like Like x 1
  11. Rojixus

Rojixus WE. ARE NOT. THE DECEPTICONS!!

"I hereby discharge you from duty!"

Goddamn Sentinel Prime just straight up murdering Ironhide out of the blue. And later, the scene where the Decepticons start slaughtering people in Chicago. Congrats Bayverse, for the first and last time, you managed to creep me out!

12. Tetratron

Tetratron Well-Known Member

I guess in general the Transformers being robots means media depicting them can get away with some fairly disturbing action scenes that would be unsettling at best if it was done by a human to another human. There's obviously the deaths in the '86 movie but from other shows there's the amount times Waspinator got blown up in BW, Smokescreen getting a hole blown through him in Armada, Optimus cutting Soundwave down the middle with the Laserbeak in axe form in TFA, Bulkhead ripping out a Vehicon's inner wires (his innards essentially) in Prime, and of course most of the fight scenes from the Bay movies.

Even Bumblebee had Bee kick a Seeker's head like a soccer ball in his entrance in the movie.

• Like Like x 1
  13. SuperRock7

SuperRock7 Out of money and ideas

News Credits:
    Currently stuck between a rock and a hard place
    DoTM Ironhides death. God that was tough. Mate got shot three times point blank by his own buddy, but the real bummer is how he rust and falls apart. Seeing ironhide die was brutal as a kid and still is now.

Apart from that, everything else isn’t that bad.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  14. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

All the deaths in TF:TM. Those were pretty traumatizing for 10 year old me. And CJ’s death in TFP surprised me. That level of seriousness hooked me on TFP right off the bat.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Agamus

Agamus Not an Iguana

IDW Blitzwing's fate haunts me to this day. TheDivineSourceOfLiberty-blitzwingdissected.jpg
    blitzwing.jpg
    The dissected him alive for parts and just kept him like that for months.

• Like Like x 5
  16. AMG

AMG Old School

Iconic and cold blooded.

megatron nonsense.gif

• Like Like x 3
  17. Endgamelikespie

Endgamelikespie Well-Known Member

Even as an adult, the way Prowl dies in TF:TM remains one of the most disturbing things I've seen.

Dark Awakening was also just plain cruel.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Chopperface

Chopperface All the Stars Are Closer

News Credits:
    I knew about Ironhide’s death in DOTM from the Amazon spoilers, but seeing him die slowly from cosmic rust still sucked. My younger sister had formed a strong attachment to him since the first movie so that was like her Mufasa/Bambi’s mom/Littlefoot’s mom. It’s such a shame that he’s literally never mentioned again.

I actually did have a nightmare about when the DJD killed Black Shadow to my surprise. The smelting pit in #49 was also very harrowing, especially since they got poor Quark.

I was a bit unnerved when BW Inferno led the swarm of Maximals that killed the Mistress of Flame in Unicron, if only because I know what a violent little bugger Inferno was. :lol  He definitely made that hurt.

• Like Like x 1