Most disappointing Character

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Wheeljack30, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

Which character or characters disappointed you in all 3 movies? As there was less screen time to a few characters and less character development to others The ones I think disappointed me the most were: Starscream, Sideways, Devastator, Arcee sisters, Jolt, Ratchet, Bonecrusher, Ravage, Shockwave, Jazz, Frenzy, Scorponok, Constructicons, Soundwave, Que/Wheeljack. I know some of you might think otherwise.

2. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    inb4 "All of them!" :lol 

I think that "characters" like Jolt and Sideways go without saying, but yeah, I was disappointed with a lot of the more minor characters. Though I'd have to say that The Fallen tops my list here.

And then there's characters that were awesome, but could've been even more awesome. ie, MOAR Laserbeak, Sentinel, Jetfire, etc..

3. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All of them. All of them sucked. Bay couldn't have done a worse job with these characters. Optimus is a murdering evil monster who has killed his entire race. Good job Optimus.
    i'm just kidding you can calm down now

Arcee was the most disappointing. I thought she was going to be an awesome triple bike combiner but NOPE

4. TylerMirage

News Credits:
    I've seen that "triple-combiner-Arcee" design get a lot of hate, though. It's cool, but yeah, can you imagine the rage that would ensue? "Ugh, how could Bay take a pretty female character and make her into a Frankenstein, lop-sided octopus-combiner!!1?!?! He hates the franchise she should've been a motorcycle (or a car, or a helicopter, or a whatever alt mode because there's like, a dozen different things that fans want for every aspect of every character)!!!"

5. roccondil5

roccondil5 sculptor

I don't care about characters like sideways, jolt, dino, et al, as they were there just as set pieces, and nothing more. Devastator disappointed me a lot, bc he was awesome, but ended up serving no purpose whatsoever. But on a personal level, the one that disappointed me the most was Optimus, bc I love Optimus, and he's such a central character in the movies, and I couldn't help but feel that the Optimus I grew up with wouldn't do what the movie Optimus did. He really let me down on a personal level.

6. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

I'd have to pick out more than one. Devastator being tops if I were to pick now. Arcee was voiced by freaking Grey DeLisle and then did nothing. I suppose Soundwave would be third most disappointed. I wanted to see more of him in action.

7. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    I think it'd be better to ask who didn't disappoint.

8. Chris James

Chris James Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Arcee is definitely at the top of my list especially seeing what they did w/ her on TFPrime. No character development, bout 30 secs of screentime and an ugly design.

9. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

I'm gonna hop on the bandwagon and go with the Bike Triplets. They were sadly underutilised and did not contribute much of anything outside of cannon fodder :( 

10. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Devastator and his seperate Constructions. Devs in the video game was more reasonable, but in the movie
    he was as threatening as a giant turtle.

All the hype over this character and the Constructions served as a lesson.

11. TylerMirage

News Credits:
    I often imagine that TFP Arcee is probably what we would've gotten had James Cameron helmed the movies, given his penchant for strong, independent female protagonists. Heck, she probably would've been voiced by Linda Hamilton or Sigourney Weaver. :lol  Which could've been awesome...

12. Zhadow

Zhadow Oh hi there

I've to say Arcee. Though it would be nice to have a well known fembot around in TF4.

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Shockwave. Boy was he a red herring.

14. dirgestone

dirgestone Banned

This! I don't know why he was only given ONE word to say the entire movie. That grinded my gears in honesty. I wanted him to be logical and overthrow a weak Megs..sigh.

15. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

all of them that were not really characters that were in it, just to be in it.

mostly includes, Shockwave, Soundwave, Megatron, and the rest of the decepticons.

the decepticons were really poor characters in the movies. and had no real purpose in being in the movies, other then to be the bad thing that the good humans fight. and occasionally the autobots were there just to sell toys.

16. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To me Shockwave, Sideways, Jolt, Ratchet, Devastator, Arcee and her sisters and much more. Most of them didnt even get enough screen time to prove that their worthy at least. I really think Sideways and Jolt couldve been better. Shockwave also had the potential of being the most bad ass movie villian of 2011. Ratchet couldve been should doing some type of medic work but no thanks to Bay, we never got to see it. Lastly, i really think Devastator was a true waste of time, money and computer space.

17. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Arcee is hideous with twin sisters and ugly small size. Thank god, TFP put on a better look for her..........

Frenzy shouldn't be that thin, I wonder what is it with the blue eyes on him.............

Starscream didn't show that much bickering with Megatron. BOO! Megatron's leadership was sabotaged by the Fallen and Sentinel in TF2 and 3. Doulbe BOO!

Arcee is the biggest disappointment. In fact, there's a disappointment in every charcter including the cool ones like Bumblebee and Ironhide.........

18. TylerMirage

News Credits:
    Why are blue eyes on Frenzy a disappointment for you?

19. T4mercustomz

T4mercustomz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Shockwave

20. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

He's saying they should be red :p