Mospeada: Who else collects?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by wheeljaxx, Mar 6, 2008.

1. chuckdawg1999

chuckdawg1999 Well-Known Member

Do you think it's possible the included Cyclone could transform? Doesn't have to be overly involved, just enough to get the basic look.

2. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    For Stig's (or Stick depending on how you wanna pronounce his name) cyclone/ride armor you want to look for the Reissue as that one is supposed to have the QC issues from the first release resolved. For Rey, I don't recall if there was a reissue one or not, but mine seems pretty solid. Poseability is nice. Though when either of them are in ride armor, you may want to use the stand for them. I currently have mine like this:

[​IMG]

Just waiting for the Legioss now :D  Oh and Yellow's ride armor.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ever since watching the 1st episode of Mospeada I've wanted a GREAT, modern toy of Stiq's Legioss. A lot of shows wait for the 2nd to last episode to ruin the protagonist's life and have them overcome their struggles to end the series on a good note. Mospeada differs where they completely fuck up Stiq's life in the 1st episode and his friends that join him had some fucked up things happen to them too. It's a pretty interesting show that had designs ripe for toys but none of the big guns seemingly gave a damn. I'm glad T-REX is at least working on this and hope it turns out qc-wise, as good as it looks(some of T-REX's stuff is hit and miss for me).

Another reason I want this to be good is so it can easily eradicate the memory of the Aoshima version of the Toynami MPC(which somehow turned out worse) and the CMs.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Dark Skull

News Credits:
    Yeah I'm hoping this doesn't pull an Evolution Toys in terms of quality.

5. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

I don’t think any other company is capable of Evolution Toys level “quality”. That kind of failure takes a very special group to achieve. :p 

• Like Like x 3
  6. Dark Skull

News Credits:
    You may be right. Still being an optimist here and hoping for the best! :D 

• Like Like x 1
  7. NSJ23

NSJ23 on TFW2005 for everything but TF's....

i didn't think the ride armor looked like they were worth 2 bills but Legioss looks good.

8. betsuni

betsuni Well-Known Member

So I found this thread after discovering the Legioss on another site. Was going to pre-order one but after reading comments here I am a bit hesitant (plus reading Kuma's review on Stick's Bike Armor). I've wanted a Legioss since I bought (and sold) the old Toynami version long ago. The price on this version has me hopeful that it might be decent.

9. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Am I reading this June 2020 release date right? That’s 8 months away, seems Ike an insane lead time for preorder

10. Sup3hobo

Sup3hobo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I imagine Chinese New Year is going to slow things down a bit. I'm fine with Sentinel taking their time. Hopefully the wait will be worth it. I pray nothing bizzare during the assembly process ruins this legioss.

11. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Just wait for the multiple delays like they're currently doing with the blowsperior ...

12. Rewind

Rewind Data Stick

News Credits:
    Not a good indicator, unfortunately. The two most recent Legioss toys were even more expensive than this one and one was barely 'OK' (CMs) while the other was pretty much garbage (Evolution). Sentinel does generally put a lot more care into toys than CMs and Evolution so there is a pretty good chance this one will be the best yet.

That said, I've yet to handle a Sentinel toy that meets my overall needs in terms of robust quality and fun transformation but I'm willing to concede that I'm judging by a pretty small sample of their offerings (like 5 or 6 releases). I'm hopeful and relatively confident for this one.

• Like Like x 2
  13. betsuni

Yikes well that is a good warning then. Thanks. I'm still on the fence about buying it. On one hand if I wait and it turns out to be good or great it will probably be sold out. The other side is I can just wait and if it is awesome, just bite the bullet and pick it up from BBTS or other sites for a bit more.

But seriously, thanks to this thread for the information about Sentinel and the other alternatives.

14. Slave IV

If it ends up being popular enough it will probably get reissued. Both Ride Armors were reissued shortly after initial release. Plus, if you aren’t set on getting the blue one, many more options to chose from will come.

• Like Like x 1
  15. betsuni

Cool thanks for that information that they have reissued past products. After collecting stuff (Transformers, Star Wars, Macross, etc.) lately I've been a bit jumpy on missing out. Hahahaha.

I liked the blue version for the head design, and that it is always used as THE mech from . Although the red head design was cooler and the green was a nicer color for me.

Thanks for making me not have this FOMO and can wait and decide.

• Like Like x 1
  16. NeoMatter

NeoMatter Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Legioss looks great and I hope it holds up QC wise. For the small pieces I got, QC and durability has been a hit and miss. Stig (first release batch) was a total mess, but Rey (reissue) seemed better. Riobot Iron Giant is becoming a little loose around the ball joints. The starship trooper powered suit is still good, though I haven't touched that in years (should inspect and see how it's holding up). Lol

Still excited for this regardless as I never had a Legioss in my collection. This will be something I'm really looking forward to.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Slave IV

@Happynick was right about the price guarantee not active for this item. The price went down so I just reordered it and cancelled my original order. Current price is 24121Y Shipped.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Jarrod

Jarrod Semi-retired Builder

News Credits:
    You know, I wonder if it's because AJ doesn't have this listed as a normal preorder. Normally the buttons should say "Pre-order: Add to Cart" and "Pre-order Now". But this one says "Add to Cart" and "Buy Now" like an in stock item. Preoders also normally say "This item will be released on..." And the Legioss says "In Stock on..." instead. It also at seems as if AJ is not treating this as a preorder, which could also explain the lack of price guarantee. Fwiw, I don't think I've ever had a preorder item no have the guarantee.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Slave IV

Yeah, I looked at all my other orders for Sentinel items and others and they all have price guarantee. I guess that's why I never even thought there were items sold by AJ that weren't guaranteed. Oh well, price is still probably better than anywhere else shipped right now.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Happynick

Happynick Well-Known Member

Heads up , fulfilled by amazon.jp is no longer available. Perhaps they took it down to fix the preorder status or maybe it’s from all the cancellations and rebuys due to lower pricing.