Mospeada: Who else collects?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by wheeljaxx, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Pharoid

Pharoid Time Traveling Robot

News Credits:
    Me too. I am a big fan of my Beagle/Toynami Stick but the cloth is deteriorating... These are really great especially when the tolerances got better. Totally agree I met a kid in Boston who had a Gakken when I was a kid. I lived in the middle of nowhere at the time and no idea how to get the toy. I used to take the bus to Massachusetts and hop the T into Boston just to get to any store that sold Japanese toys. I dreamed of a good Ride-Armor for so many years to finally have them is really special. Some people have big dreams in life, I still have the same ones from when I was 13, lol.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Sentinel has the best looking Mospeada products ever and just best period. Their shit looks so good right now that I look right past my DX VF-1s and grab the Legioss every time. I need to unpack my Ride Armors and get Yellow opened ASAP.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Pharoid

News Credits:
    You do. Word of advice, watch the windshield on the bike is armored mode or whatever it’s at a 90 degree angle, more extreme than Stick and Ray.

• Like Like x 1
  4. betsuni

betsuni I'm just here for the robots

News Credits:
    I think most of us here have the same dreams when we were 13. Ok, so I don't dream of being on the Space Shuttle anymore or piloting an A-10(that dream was fulfilled with a Warthog HOTAS and DCS) but I still dream of getting all my toys I wanted when I was 13.

I'm leaning towards getting Lancer's Ride Armor just because of a similar story. Growing up I saw some of the older ride armors in Hawaii stores and the knock offs in San Francisco. I always wanted it thanks to Robotech (and having a VF-1A), but just never got one. I never bought the Toynami one since I hated them by the time it came out. So yeah, the more I look at the Sentinel Ride Armors I'm starting to overlook their artistic additions since they don't distract from the overall design (and actually make them look more realistic).

So talk me out of this. AKA, tell me good things about this design that can push me over the edge.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

I think you already know what you need to do regarding the Sentinel Ride Armor. :D 

That was an awesome dream you had to fly A-10s! One of my favorites along with the F-14. One of my friend’s dad was an A-10 Pilot...I remember thinking that was just the coolest thing ever.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Pharoid

News Credits:
    I got nothing...

647F8A2B-3BB9-422A-86B4-041D85612E65.jpeg 3E9EAA7E-1AC4-4073-A792-B31B55878624.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  7. betsuni

News Credits:
    Yeah one of my dreams is try and get a non cleaned A-10 shell casing. My brother got one in HS from going to an educational program at the local Air Force Base and I have been jealous of that ever since. I did manage to recently get smaller casings from a pilot, but yeah the A-10 is eluding me (buying one from eBay or other websites just doesn't have the same feeling to it than getting it from someone who actually got it from the base). Your friend's dad is seriously awesome for flying one.

Ok, that helped push me over the edge. Anything I should watch out for? That blue really is stunning and the blades make it stand out.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Pharoid

News Credits:
    Just watch the transformations tutorials on ScorchedEarth and you’re good. It’s actually an easy transformation once you’ve done it once. First time is annoying but once you get it, it’s fine. That and watch your hands if you’re applying force almost everything pops as a ball-joint but I did shear off a handle-bar peg on Stick cause I wasn’t paying attention.

• Like Like x 1
  9. betsuni

News Credits:
    Cool will do. Thanks! I can't wait to ship my next PoL.

10. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Does anyone know if there is a difference in packaging between the first Sentinel Stick and the reissue? I’ve got a lead on one but the seller doesn’t know which version it is, and I’d really prefer to have the reissue.

Or should I not worry so much about which version it is?

11. Sup3hobo

Sup3hobo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmmm as far as I know, I don't remember there being a difference on the packaging. My reissue of Stick does have more durable paint on his abdomen, no stress marks on the handlebars and the ankle armor doesn't fall off all the time. Are u sure you want one? I know you're not a fan of the fiddly transformations. Unless you're getting one just to pose in cycle mode.

12. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    I was planning to try the transformation at least once to at least give it a chance, but I mostly want it for bike/rider mode. I promise not to come here and bitch about the transformation. :D 

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Pharoid

News Credits:
    Hey I hate fiddly transformations and even I can deal with this one.

I’ll pull out the boxes and take pictures this weekend for you.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Thanks! I did determine it’s the first release, as he remembered getting it in April 2018 and the reissue came out in November of that year. Now I’m debating whether I should just go for it or if it’s worth holding out for a reissue. I think I can deal with the ankle armor coming off.

15. Pharoid

News Credits:
    I have never had an ankle armor fall off... on any of the releases. Knock on wood I have three more to open....

• Like Like x 1
  16. Sup3hobo

Sup3hobo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ah I see. In bike and rider mode it is pretty ace. With the stand you can do some fun poses with it. If you do get the original release, a dab of floor polish on the ankle and shoulder guard ball joints should help them from falling off.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Turnman

Turnman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My first edition Stick's head keeps popping off. Happens with both helmeted and regular head. I move it a little and it's in my hand the next second.

Does this happen to anybody else?

18. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Well, my lead fell though. The hunt continues!

• Like Like x 1
  19. NeoMatter

NeoMatter Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mine pops off easily as well... But mine was riddled with poor QC almost as bad as the little gummy pilot.
    [​IMG]Stig QC Woes by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

• Like Like x 1
  20. betsuni

News Credits:
    Yikes, that's scary... I'm guessing it goes back together just as easily though?