Mospeada: Who else collects?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by wheeljaxx, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    I think by "flat," he meant that it sits flush with that part. Even in your pic, it's not "flat." And I know which step you're talking about. It makes it not sit flush with the shoulder even more.

step 21.jpg

I think the hopes or expectations was to have it sit like this:

4582385572977_01.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sixshot666666

Sixshot666666 Ninja Consultant

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I thought his complaint was the ammo pod sitting at and angle instead of being in line with head, not that it didn’t sit flush with the shoulders

3. Dark Skull

News Credits:
    Ok, so I finally got around to messing around with the Legioss. Yep...like everyone else said, this was fiddly. It does help to go by the instructions as not everything is intuitive.

I kinda wish the arm was a bit taller for the stand. But eh...

[​IMG]

Gotta say each mode is really just beautiful. I know I've said this a lot, but we finally have a rather "correct" proportion Legioss in fighter mode! :D 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's where I noticed the floppy ankle. It didn't seem too bad. Yeah, it was loose, but not loose to where it flopped around a whole lot.

[​IMG]

I noticed the floppy ankle even more in bot mode. But even then, it still wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My thoughts on this:

Pros:

-Beautiful proportions and aesthetics in all modes.
    -Proper proportions in fighter mode. Oh how long we've all waited for this!
    -Lots of articulation and the bot mode can be posed in a number of various poses. I think this adds to the playability of the toy.
    -Paint job is on point
    -Hours of fun can be had fwooshing it in fighter mode.

Cons:

-You already know I have gripes about the pilot figure (refer to my other post)
    -Loose ankles
    -Fiddly transformation. Not as bad as other toys that were even more fiddlier. If that's even a word?
    -Not everything tabbed in nicely. It's like the pieces were molded kinda off by just enough that when it was assembled, it caused certain joints and pieces not to line up like it should.

Overall I like this toy regardless of any faults it may have. If just with the cons weren't there. I'm sure there's more as others have highlighted in terms of cons. I haven't really ran into what I'd call a QC issues on my copy. Though I think I figured out the hips. The grey piece that acts like a hinge for folding the legs in to transform in and out of fighter mode has a squarish or rectangular stub. That stub should never be facing down (if in fighter mode), or forward (if in bot mode). You don't have to take anything apart to "fix" it if it's not positioned correctly. You just have to find a way to rotate it so it's properly positioned. I'm sure that was already mentioned though. Other than that...I'm pleased with the purchase. I just wish I would have had more fun transforming it, and that the shoulders weren't feeling so damned tight. I didn't even want to raise the arms up or around in bot mode. I felt like I was gonna break it.

Nah, I think that's what he meant because I saw pictures of it and thought maybe you could "push" it down. When I was transforming mine...nope. It's just a hinge. There was no way that thing was going to sit flat/flush with the shoulder. Though...I think with a different piece or a slight retool of that, it could. I mean, other toy companies before Sentinel were able to get it to sit flush...why couldn't they?

• Like Like x 4
  4. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Thanks for the feedback. The issues you mentioned are common on other T-REX designed toys that I have. I have a better expectation of what to expect now. Hopefully the alignment and tolerances will be addressed for a possibly inevitable Legioss + Tread giftset(god I can see it now for like $700).

I do wish they went with solid pins instead of coiled/springpins since some are fired through plastic hinges. I don’t trust those kinds of pins in anything but metal.

5. NeoMatter

NeoMatter Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And package is now on its way from AJ! Just got both DHL and Amazon notice that it shipped. :) 

• Like Like x 7
  6. Happynick

Happynick Well-Known Member

same here, canceled and repreordered on 11-22 due to lower price :) 

• Like Like x 3
  7. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    Mine shipped too. :thumb 

• Like Like x 2
  8. Jarrod

Jarrod Semi-retired Builder

News Credits:
    Argh! But still not mine! AJ hates me! Hahaha. It's finally moved to "Shipping now" so I should get that notice tonight, but sheesh.

However, I did get to play around with my friend's, and put it through its first transformation. Fighter mode was pretty damn solid on his copy, and man, what a gorgeous fighter it is! Very pleased with Sentinel's use of tabs in all the right places to keep everything holding together. I did not attempt to pull out the rear landing gear, because they did look awfully fragile. I'll attempt it on my own when it comes in for sure.

Honestly, I don't really get any of the complaints about the transformation. I thought it was smart, fluid, and pretty straight forward. No problems here getting the cockpit through the nosecone, or any of the other things that I thought might be particularly tricky. The whole hip swing bar, in particular, was also more fluid than I was expecting.

Soldier mode is stunning. And the complaints about the tight shoulders are not unfounded....holy shit. I cannot figure out why the tolerances on the shoulders would be so insanely tight. Ankles on his copy were looser than I'd like, but not floppy at all, and still hold the figure fine. I found no issues with dislodging or anything while putting it through some basic poses. I thought the Soldier mode held together better than my old MP, and WAY better than the CM's (Fighter mode as well, for that matter).

In fact, this thing as whole, to me, feels leaps and bounds better than the Toynami and CM's one. And I mean everything, from sculpt, to transformation, to handling, etc. Transformation is, definitely, more involved, but that's a good thing in my book. This is the Legioss I've been waiting for. Sentinel just needs to fix those few tolerances, and it's pretty much perfect. 100% down for all of them.

• Like Like x 6
  9. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can the shoulder be disassembled so we can see what’s causing the tightness?

10. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe it's just mined,but after transforming it back, it definitely seemed a little more looser and finicky.

11. Jarrod

News Credits:
    I didn't see any immediate screws or anything, but since the one I was handling wasn't mine, I wasn't tinkering too much in that regard, but I definitely plan on diving in further when mine comes in.

But, it does seem to be a painted diecast mushroom joint, encased in two painted diecast halves.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    From what I could see I think it may simply be the paint sticking the joints together - which is why I tried the freezer trick. Mine are still tight after that but freezing helped unstick them. If they leave those joints unpainted on further releases it should solve the issue.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Jarrod

News Credits:
    Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking. IF I can get mine apart (when it eventually gets here), I'll definitely be taking any paint off, if that is indeed the case.

14. Sup3hobo

Sup3hobo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Update #1:

I added matte varnish to the ankle joints and I would say the left ankle joint is exactly the joint tightness I desire now. However, the right ankle still needs a little more help so I'm going to add another coat and check it out again in a few days.

IMG_20200629_085540.jpg IMG_20200629_090153.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  15. Dark Skull

News Credits:
    What was the freezer trick again? Rather, how long should it be in there?

Oh, and I forgot to post this shot:

[​IMG]

I tried to make it look like it was about to fly over head. Eh..didn't really achieve it. But for now, there it sits in my display.

• Like Like x 7
  16. betsuni

betsuni I'm just here for the robots

News Credits:
    I think you nailed it (I thought it was looking like it was about to do a flyover before I read your text).

Man, all those shots from @Sup3hobo really makes me wish I pre-ordered this now. Heck, just the looks of it out of the box makes me really happy I sold off my Toynamis before I got a chance to take them out of their boxes. Their VF-1 line was such a disappointment that I never even took a look at the Mospeada stuff.

Keep the photos coming folks! I need to live though you all!

• Like Like x 2
  17. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    I wrapped mine in a paper towel and placed it in the freezer for 30 minutes. This causes the metal to contract which can help the joint move when paint is too thick. After removing it I immediately started working the joint back and forth, further and further until I could move it a full 360. Once it moved all the way around I did about ten full rotations before it felt like I could move it without fighting it.

Make sure you leave it in a dry area afterward, or blow dry it for a minute because you don’t want the condensation sitting on the metal bits for too long.

Also, these are going to be different levels of stuck. If there’s still no budging the joint when you take it out of the freezer, it’s safest to not force it.

As a side note, this is only for metal. With plastic you want to heat up the joint. :) 

• Like Like x 3
  18. Dark Skull

News Credits:
    lol Thanks. It does kinda sorta look like it's about to do a low overhead flyby. I need a better camera than my phone :lol  (or better photo taking skillz)

I'll try that after work :D  Thanks!

• Like Like x 2
  19. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Glad to hear, especially since I had the Aoshima retrashed MPC and still have my CMs set. The only thing the Aoshima had going for it was maybe its heft. The CMs had an easy transformation but absolute lack of tabbing/securing anything. Made for an incredibly annoying swooshing experience in fighter mode. You also couldn’t move a joint without the gun or sword falling out, which annoyed me to no end.

Looking forward to further thoughts once you get yours. It’s sold out at the places I normally go to but I’m in no rush so I can wait.

20. sifu74

sifu74 Banned

News Credits:

I think this is first review in English, thought Scorched Earth would be first to upload one.

• Like Like x 2