Mortal Kombat X

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Fuzz, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Battle eRector

Battle eRector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think Fatalities are really spoilers. I have seen most of what Tri-Borg can do including the hidden stuff. Looks great.

2. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

Leatherface fatality 1, Seeing Double:

Leatherface shoves his chainsaw into his opponent, turns it on and slices his opponent vertically.

we've seen fatalities that vertically cuts an opponent in half so this isn't that special other than it is Leatherface pulling it off. first vertical slice fatality was done by Kung Lao in MK2.

Leatherface fatality 2, hook and sinker:

first bashes his opponent in the head with a mallet, knocking them into the ground. then grabs a hook and chain from the sky (out of nowhere because he is a magician, go figure) sticks the hook into their neck and lifts then up, dangling in the air while Leatherface revs up his chainsaw for a horizontal slice across the abdomen with the opponent's guts just falling out of their bodies.

horizontal cuts aren't new (first one was in MK2) but this one is just nasty and beautiful. i can watch it being done on all fighters all day long.

and Leatherface's grab move is painful to watch. CHAINSAW TO THE D**K! or against a female fighter: He chainsaws her in the baby maker.

3. MetalRyde

Xenomorph fatality 1, Killer Queen:

has everyone seen the Alien Vs. Predator movie? no? SPOILER ALERT! :D 

screen goes black, Xenomorph's opponent appears and a spear tail burst through the chest and then the big bitch herself appears and the opponent stares at the Xenomorph Queen and the queen rips them in half.

i love this fatality. the Queen is just so intimidating to me and i find it awesome that the scene from AvP can be recreated in MKXL.

Xenomorph fatality 2, Deadly Hybrid:

the Xenomorph 'borrows' Baraka's blades to lift up its opponent, just like baraka, and with its second set of teeth bust through its opponent's head and then lets them drop to the ground.

i find this fatality to be weak, sadly. i guess i was expecting somethng more gruesome from the Xenomorph.

its like when i was expecting awesomeness from Mortal Kombat Gold on Dreamcast only to be disappointed.

i think a better fatality would have been that the Xenomorph calls on its buddies and tore the opponent to pieces. but whatever.

4. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Picked up Triborg today on a whim and I think it's going to buy the game a few more weeks of interest from me. I'm having a lot of fun with Smoke and CSZ so far (no interest in Cyrax or Sektor). Not sure if this will get me back full time, but it will at least tide me over with something new until KI season 3 launches on the 29th.

Also, not to step on MetalRyde's toes, but Triborg's second fatality - the compactor one - is my new favorite in the game. It's a perfect mixture of disgusting and ridiculous.

5. MetalRyde

Triborg fatality 2, Death Machine a.k.a. Sektor's trash compactor 2.0, now with a buzzsaw!:

The Death Machine appears, two harpoons shoot out and stuck into the opponent's body and pulls them into the machine where a buzzsaw cuts into their body while they futilely try not to get squashed. they get squashed and spit it as a cube.

i love this fatality. just like Sektor's Trash Compactor fatality in MK3, there is something so freaking terrifying about getting squashed like a roach and the Death Machine spitting out the poor S.O.B was the blood icing on the cake.

Now, when we all saw the trailer for the second pack for MKX, i was left confused about Triborg. it didn't dawn on me until today that it is called Triborg because its 3 fighting styles are based on Robo-smoke, Sektor and Cyrax. which is awesome because they were the ones i played the most of in MK3. i remember a classmate told everyone that Cyrax was japanese for Scorpion. :/

Triborg fatality 1, Team Work:

Triborg teleports away and then Robo-Smoke, Sektor and Cyrax appear. Cyrax uses its saw to cut the opponent's throat, Robo-Smoke fires a spear and rips out the opponent's heart, then both Cyrax and Robo-Smoke rocket lift the opponent up to the air and Sektor rocket punches through the opponent's body and lands back to the ground holding up the opponent's head in victory.

this fatality is amazing! watching the three cyborgs just destroy an opponent is something i've wanted to see since forever!

6. MetalRyde

Bo' Rai' Cho fatality 1, Booze you lose:

Bo' Rai' Cho pulls out a liquor jug and forcefully makes the opponent drink some of the liquor. then Bo' Rai' Cho pulls out a Match, lights it at throws it at the opponent and the opponent blows up leaving behind the legs, arms and head.

Bo' Rai' Cho fatality 2, Bottoms up:

as with Bo' Rai' Cho's first fatality, Bo' Rai' Cho pulls out a liquor jug and forcefully makes the opponent drink some of the liquor. the opponent throws up violently until they puke their intestines, they fall on their backs and Bo' Rai' Cho stomps on the opponent to finish them off.

since Bo' Rai' Cho is a man who loves his liquor, both fatalities fit him well.
    anyone who as gotten hammered could say that the Bottoms Up fatality is something that a few of us felt when we had too much.

and there you have it. my thoughts on the pack 2 fighters for MKXL.

7. Fuzz

Fuzz Garbage Pail Kid

Sadly, besides for Triborg, I feel the brutalities for the new characters are better than their fatalities.

8. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Triborg's brutality where he throws his head, knocks off the foe's head and then takes over their body is hilarious.

My favourite variation for him is Sektor; always loved the straight-up missile/flamethrower fun. Konjurer, Pretty Lady and Dragon Breath are my favs for the others.

9. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Playing as Acidic Alien almost feels like cheating. I won an entire Klassic Tower match against Shinnok only by using his Exo Sting. More Acid you spray, faster the Damage-Over-Time affects the opponent. His health depleted before you can say "Mortal Kombat". :-D

10. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

11. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Regarding Cassie and Jacqui's new skins/characters:

If you want to unlock the Skins on your console then the easiest way is to log into your mobile, put a Gold or a Silver Cassie card and the Silver Jacqui card in a team and play 3 "Quick" Multiplayer/Faction War matches. Next time you log onto your game on the console, they'll be waiting.

If you want to unlock the Characters on your mobile, log onto your console and play 3 Single player matches with Cassie as Player 1 and Jacqui as Player 2 on Pit, Kove or Refugee Camp stages finishing Jacqui off with the Stage Fatality (Close - D, D, B, F, Triangle) all three times. Then log onto your mobile to claim the prizes.

However, Android users cannot grab both characters on their mobile at the moment. A glitch is preventing them from obtaining both cards.

12. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I'm surprised to say it, but I've really gotten back into this game since KP2 came out. I've settled on Cyber Sub-Zero as my new main and I'm probably having more fun with MKX than I ever did before last week.

13. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

14. millerman3732

millerman3732 I remain unconvinced.

News Credits:
    If any one is still playing on PS4 I'm under the user name anderson3732, hit me up.

15. GoLion

GoLion Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just bought this game. Pretty fun. I just finished playing through story mode. I unlocked Shinnock. I guess I have to pay to unlock the rest of the characters. Still a fun game.

16. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Not all that is seen is truth. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    I just picked MK XL and I'm having some issues with the game. I bought the three costume packs that weren't included in XL (Blue Steel Sub-Zero, Crimson Ermac & Cosplay Cassie and Jackie). However, after having bought and downloaded it the costumes aren't showing up. Is there somethimg else I have to do in game or is my copy glitched?

17. Fuzz

Fuzz Garbage Pail Kid

Did you try closing the game and re-starting it? Sometimes the character select needs to be refreshed. Also, did you make sure you actually installed the skins?

18. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Not all that is seen is truth. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Yeah, I rebooted the system, but they still didn't come up. What do you mean by install? I downloaded the content is there a separate inatall? Typically when I download DLC off the psn it installs automatically. Maybe I'm missing something.

19. Fuzz

Fuzz Garbage Pail Kid

What I meant was, did you make sure they actually installed automatically, and aren't waiting for you to do it. I've had that happen to me a few times in the past with NRS games. I don't know if it's because they build the PSN store directly in their games' menus, or their games a just clunky sometimes.

Also, and I'm not trying be insulting, but are you hitting the square button to select your character? That's what brings up the skins for them.

The only other thing I can think of is to try downloading them again.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  20. yodafett

yodafett Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:

I ran into that with mine. Did you buy them from the PSN store, or did you purchase them from inside the game? It makes a difference. I bought them from PSN (outside of the game) and they didn't show up. Then I hit Triangle from inside the game to see the other skins, and it specifically said "for XL" in the listing. THOSE worked. But the PSN store direct (after I went back and looked again) specifically says "for MK X".

• Like Like x 1