Mortal Kombat X

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Fuzz, Jun 2, 2014.

1. soymonk

soymonk Mathematical!

News Credits:
    I guess that's a good way of reasoning to explain why she has a skeletal system, both smooth and striated muscles, and "breasts" (highly doubt that they're mounds of fat that produce nutrients for her offspring).

2. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

blasphemy!!! bow to the fallen elder god!!!

but yeah, he just looks like he could be knocked out cold by softly tossing a rock the size of a golf ball at his stomach.

3. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

She seems to embody a 'best of both worlds' ideal between humanoid/vertebrate and arthropod. Internal skeleton, muscles, all that good stuff, combined with insect attributes like the wings, stingers, all that good stuff. She is described by NRS as a human/insect hybrid in theme, so it makes sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1D9C08Dv_0

Mileena's face-eating fatality on peeps like Servant!Torr and Jason is hilarious. The girl freaking eats an entire hockey mask/metal helmet without a care. She's got a stomach of steel.

Though, as with Torr, Scorpion's face-slicer doesn't reveal Jason's face. That mask glued on or something!

Gameplay of the Kold War skins;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vwy5mN2ilmg&feature=youtu.be

4. soymonk

soymonk Mathematical!

News Credits:
    Finally! Got that problematic Ninja Mime costume for Johnny.

So happy someone found that glitch.

[​IMG]

5. Switchblade

Switchblade One Flesh, One End

News Credits:
    Yeah, that glitch is pretty awesome. I'd actually just unlocked Classic Kitana this evening, but I did use it to get Injustice Scorpion. I'm pretty bummed that Classic Mileena is still unavailable, though. I wish NRS would unlock the challenge mode already so I could get that skin and then never look back at the boring mobile app again.

Oh, and in case anyone doesn't know about the glitch: if you go into another user's profile on the leaderboards and select "download kombat history," you'll unlock anything that player has unlocked in the mobile app. It's a really easy way to get any mobile content without wasting your own time.

6. soymonk

soymonk Mathematical!

News Credits:
    I'm guessing the special gold card we'll get will be Raiden himself. He gets his own personalized buff cards like everyone else but he currently doesn't exist in the mobile game, so I'm thinking that's a safe bet to make.

And it's just really satisfying to set opponents on fire when Kenshi tags in. So good.

7. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hadn't heard about that. Very helpful as I have no interest in the mobile app.

8. Switchblade

Switchblade One Flesh, One End

News Credits:
    There's a list on reddit and TYM of which players to use on each platform to get the unlocks. I forget the name on the XBone version, but he's #3 or 4 on ranked.

9. soymonk

soymonk Mathematical!

News Credits:
    Oh cool! I didn't know that the Coarse ninja costumes had faces underneath those masks.
    [​IMG]

10. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

LOL, between that and all the WB ID sharing to unlock stuff going on, really makes you wonder why NRS keeps bothering with the mobile app bullshit. You would think they took the hint from how things went with Injustice.

11. Galaxy Convoy

BTW, specific users to look for on the leaderboards to use the glitch:

12. magmatron

magmatron Hyper Sentinel Force!

News Credits:
    You'd be surprised to know that a lot of people only play the mobile app.

13. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

14. Galaxy Convoy

Oh I know. That's quite depressing to think that alot of people would rather play and even throw away their money on the app instead of playing the real game(assuming they don't have a PS4 or X1).

I just wish NRS would get a clue and stop locking away alt costumes on the disc/in the digital version you already paid for and making them completely inaccessible, not even as DLC, unless you decide jump through the mobile hoops for it. And you're just SOL if you don't have a compatible device to play the app on.

It's funny, if Capcom did that the internet would explode with rage. But NRS has gotten a free pass twice now.

And LOL, Shinnok wearing Goro's face is funny looking as hell :lol 

15. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Comic plot time! Here we go;

1. Ready to fight the Shokan and die, Kotal has a few conversations with his homies, stating they can at least flee and save themselves. Reptile refuses to abandon Kotal and points out that, years ago when Shao Kahn had him flagged for assassination for his failures in the tournament, Kotal spared his life.
    2. Kotal points out that killing someone as stealthy and well-informed as Reptile would be a waste of talent, of which Reptile is grateful for, because it is the first time someone showed him genuine compassion and respect.
    3. Kotal gets ready to leave, but Ferra/Torr block him off, pointing out how, when they first met years ago, Kotal had saved them from marauding Tarkatans, extending them a hand in friendship and giving them a better life than the one they used to have. Whilst thankful for their support, Kotal demands they respect him as they had once respected Shao Kahn and allow him to fight on his own.
    4. D'Vorah points out she never respected Shao Kahn; the Kytinn detest leadership, being solitary creatures. When Shao Kahn conquered their realm, their lack of unification rendered them vulnerable, and so D'Vorah offered to serve Shao Kahn to prove her kind's worth.
    5. But she never respected him, despite his power and conquering success. He was an asshole, and when Mileena took over, she was just as big an asshole, to the point of once forcing D'Vorah to kiss her feet and then kicking her when she did so. But when she came to serve Kotal, she came across a simple revelation; she respects Kotal over the likes of Shao or Mileena because Kotal has earned their admiration, not their fear.
    6. Kotal is touched by their loyalty, noting that they have fought beside him with honour and that all of them would have made his father, K'Etz, very proud. Still, he insists that he allow himself to die to the Shokan and let them run away to save themselves.
    7. But suddenly, the room starts shaking! At first they fear it is the Oni Warlords, but suddenly someone else bursts in; THE BLACK DRAGON! Kano and his homies, including Tremor, cheerfully remark that the cavalry has arrived to save the day!

Basically this issue could pretty much be called; Kotal's friends love him and hug him and let him know he's appreciated. It's so adorable, giving us insight into Kotal's allies and why they serve and respect their emperor so ardently.

Shame Erron's still in the brig, I'd have liked to hear what he might have said. Probably something like; "You pay me enough to like you.", ha, but maybe we could have heard a genuine confession of admiration from a self-serving mercenary. That would have been a twist in itself!

If only we had more of this in the MKX story. I loved spending time with Cassie and her homies going around saving the day, but hot damn would the adventures of Kotal and friends be just as awesome.

16. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

And yet D´Vorah still betrays Kotal.

17. soymonk

soymonk Mathematical!

News Credits:
    My thoughts exactly.

18. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

[​IMG]

It's such a blow. The comics built her up as his loyal homegirl, the game itself showed off their tight-knit relationship, and then it all got turned around. You just wanna hug the poor guy when Erron told him about it and he's just so sad and murmuring: "You wound me, D'Vorah..."

Anyway, a camera hack revealed none other than Jason's face
    [​IMG]

And also this thing because this X-Ray is too damn fun;
    [​IMG]

19. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So uh.... Why was D'Vorah working for Quan Chi and Shinnok again?

20. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

She sought greater power than that of a mere Osh-Tekk.